main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO FanBoys - A New Film by The Weinstein Company

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Have you heard of "FanBoys" yet? You soon will!

Dear Star Wars Fans, In four short weeks we are about to embark on a journey of epic proportions to make the ultimate fan film, Fanboys, a comedy about friends, fans and delusions of grandeur. The film was written by Ernest Cline and Adam F. Goldberg and will begin shooting this February 22nd in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fanboys is a co-production between Trigger Street Productions (Kevin Spacey's production company)/ Coalition Film and will be distributed worldwide by The Weinstein Company. Fanboys takes place in the fall of 1998, a time when everything was pure and Star Wars ruled the world once again. We follow four life-long best friends who travel cross-country in an attempt to break into George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch. Their mission is to see Star Wars Episode I early when they discover one of the young men in their group is diagnosed with terminal cancer and will not live long enough to see the film in theaters the following May. This film expresses what it means to care about something so truly that you would do anything for it? what it means to be a fan. This is a film for the fans, made by the fans. We were at Celebration in the rain. We waited in line for days for all of the special editions and prequels. And, making this movie is the most important thing in the world to us. That being said, we need your help Fanboys and Fangirls! While distribution for the film is in place, this is an independent film and we are working on an independent budget. If there was ever a time to put your greatest geek skill to use, it is now. Do you have a knack for sculpting custom action figures? Or a special talent for making Astro-Mech Droids? Maybe you've always wanted to flaunt your Stormtrooper armor on screen? Whatever your Star Wars talent may be, we look to you, the fans, now to help us on this quest. Albuquerque's Mos Alba FanForce and their Dewback Ridge Squad division of the 501st have been extremely supportive in helping us make this film already and we thank them immensely. We wanted everyone out there to know they are more than welcome to be a part of this project and we will announce specific dates and locations in the near future as to when we will need extras in costume for you to be in the film.

- Matt Perniciaro (Producer) & Kyle Newman (Director)

Mos Alba and the Dewback Ridge Squad were contacted by the director and producers of this movie (made by fans, about fans, for the fans!) asking for, among other things, enough people to fill a theater for a movie scene, and also to have a line of people snaking around the side of the theater. They could have anyone as extras, but they were kind enough to contact us, because they wanted to have actual fans in the movie.

If you can make it down to be in the background shots.....that would be great! I am sure we can help with housing of people too!

They are also VERY interested in getting a few droids, an R2 and a mouse droid, and maybe even a 3P0.... I sent an email to the Yahoo R2builders group, but if anyone knows someone in the droid builders group there in Colorado (Kev, Cal, Azman?), please have them email us.

We are already working with the producers and director to help supply any people, props and costumes that they need, so if you want to help, please post here, or email me - Jess (mos_alba_trooper@msn.com) or Ken (ken@bladeseller.com)! This way they have one point of contact, and are not flooded with email!

2. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    This project is going to be awesome! The movie is going to be packed full of cameos from the likes of Mark Hammil, Ray Park, Billy Dee Williams and more. For those of you who have seen "Detroit Rock City" it is like that, but with a Star Wars theme.

All original trilogy costumes are needed so if you find your way out here get in touch with us. If you think you can make it, send me a PM and I'll give you my number so we can talk about when and where. The shooting schedule will be coming out soon!

Background extras are need too!

3. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
  4. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003