main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Fanboys coming out February 6th!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zedd, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    However, it won't be playing in Tucson :p.
    They are releasing the movie in 8 cities only (Austin TX, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, and Seattle, WA).

For those that are wondering, this is the movie that they had completed around the time of Celebration IV almost 2 years ago, but ended up pushing it back for many reasons, none of which I know. It is about some dudes that break into George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch in order to steal the footage for Episode I before the release date.
    Here's the thing: I believe one of the setbacks was the decision on whether or not to include the following in the movie: apparently, the original motive for these people doing this was because they had a friend that loved SW, but he had cancer and was probably not going to see the movie before he died. I heard a rumor that they had taken out this plot from the movie because it brought the whole movie down. But the 501'st was involved in the filming of the movie, and when they heard about the pulling of the cancer plot, they got all PO'd and tried to get people to boycott the movie. That was about a year ago, I think.

BUT ANYWAYS...

The Weins?tein Compa?ny has now creat?ed an e-?mail addre?ss espec?ially? for peopl?e to write? in and tell them what citie?s they would? like to see the movie? expan?d to. Pleas?e go ahead? and send an e-?mail to tell them where? you would? like to see Fanbo?ys play in theat?ers:? Fanbo?ys@?weins?teinc?o.?com

And go to here for some clips and a trailer, and go to here for the official site.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I was reading about this the other day.

3. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Wow, I just noticed all the ?'s. I guess I shouldn't have copied/pasted from a Myspace post from Jada :p

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Has anyone heard what the people are saying about this movie so far? I'm hoping good enough results that Tucson gets it here.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Watch it there Mike. [face_skull] :p

Well, Fanboys is coming to Phoenix. Are you all going to road trip up there? :D

Due to great turnout and overwhelming fan response, FANBOYS expands into TEN more US cities on February 20th

1. Boston
    2. Washington DC
    3. Detroit
    4. Atlanta
    5. Denver
    6. New Haven
    7. Orlando
    8. Phoenix
    9. Columbus, OH
    10. Raleigh , NC

Theater locations to come soon! Please spread the word!!! We need your help to get the word out.

Thank you,
    Kyle

6. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Suh-WEET! Who wants to go? I'll drive.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'd like to go.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    my husband has approved for me to go to Phoenix and see Fanboys.. YIPPIE!!!

9. darthbane187

darthbane187 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2007
    Echo Base cont me in.

10. darthbane187

darthbane187 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2007
    Echo base I misspelled count in count me in, but what I don't know yet is that anyone from here is going to troop it.
    I know that 501st members are going to troop it on the 20th, so if no one from here is going to troop it I will go with you.

11. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OK, I have decided that we will probably leave Friday early afternoon. Brandon, I hope you can get off of school. Is everyone else OK with that? Also Phil, if you have any information on where and when the 501st will be trooping, we could go to that showing.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  13. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
  14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm just trying to help since I can't be there with you all. :_|

15. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Well, we just got back. It was very good!

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We just got word that it is coming to Greensboro. That is 2 hours instead of 3 1/2.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you'll definitely enjoy it. I laughed plenty.

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've trooped this twice but have only seen it once and I loved it. The second time I had the sithling with me and promised to take her to see the Jonas Brothers. :p

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hey, the Jonas brothers are bigtime these days!! My daughter has been thrilled by the fact that Joe Jonas was born in Casa Grande!

20. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    FANBOYS IS NOW OUT ON DVD!!!

It came out yesterday. I will be picking it up today (if I can find it anywhere...)