main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fanboys - Feb. 6th - Shouldn't we all be going to this?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I thought this was going to be a direct-to-DVD release, but apparently it's going to be released in theaters. There's a link on Yahoo movies.

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I have my final that day...maybe if it we saw it on the 7th.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    This is about the 5th time the FanBoys premier has been announced. If it actually happens, I'm definitely going to see it, and if I can see it with my fanboy friends, so much the better.

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Yahoo link for Fanboys

Yahoo Movies says Feb. 6 so this is what I'm going by. If this is true, we all need to go see this. I will try and check AMC or Arclight periodically for presale tickets.

5. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well if it really happens this time we would be in, Saturday would be a lot easier considering my current Crazy Work Schedule.

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    A Saturday show would be better for me, too. I will start checking the Mann Theatre and Pacific Theatre sights, too.
    GForce, is there another theatre in your neck of the woods? Is there an Edwards around?

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    It seems that TF.N also has an article on the Feb. 6 release date therefore "confirming" the release of Fanboys. It's only going to be shown in select cities and we're one of them. So I guess a Saturday screening is in order for us.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    That would be a tentative absolutely for me.

9. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Count me in. The Arclight in Sherman Oaks would be best if they have it, but AMC's work fine too.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I've never been to the Arclight in Sherman Oaks & would love to check it out, if Fanboys is playing there. The Bridge is also nice, although a little farther for Mr. Zap. But, it's a direct run, right off the 405.

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I have info on 5 of the 10 theaters showing FANBOYS:

LOS ANGELES - 5 of 10.
    1.Mann Chinese
    2.Arclight Sherman Oaks
    3.AMC Santa Monica
    4.AMC Rolling Hills
    5.Regal Long Beach 26

12. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah, Arclight Sherman Oaks! Thanks Strife!

13. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    AMC SANTA MONICA! AMC SANTA MONICA!

Nah, I'm only kidding...sort of. I would like the AMC in Santa Monica best, but the Sherman Oaks Arclight would be fine, too. I have some friends from other groups (Star Wars & non Star Wars) that might like to come with. Would that be OK with everyone?

14. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Absolutely. The more the merrier. As long as I can bring a friend or too as well.:p

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Update it will not be showing at Grauman's Chinese Theather, Push will be there instead.

16. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Oh here are the updates and showtimes it seems like there will no be a 12:01 at all on Thursday Night!!!
    1. Mann Chinese 6:BUY TICKETS - 12:40pm, 12:40pm, 3:00pm, 3:00pm, 5:20pm, 5:20pm, 7:40pm, 7:40pm, 10:00pm, 10:00pm, 12:10am, 12:10am
    2. Arclight Sherman Oaks or Hollywood don't list showtimes???
    3. AMC Santa Monica also doesn't list showtimes???
    4. Regal Long Beach 26: 12:50pm,3:10pm,5:35pm,7:55pm,10:25pm
    5. AMC Rolling Hills 20:
    BUY TICKETS - 10:40am, 1:00pm, 3:20pm, 5:40pm, 8:10pm, 10:25pm
    Well I personally vote for the AMC Rolling Hills 20, mainly because of the proximity to G-Force's Homestead and we could use my house as a base of operations,especially for carpooling since Parking is at a Premium at this AMC.

17. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'd be able to go if I can borrow my brother's car or if I could get a ride. I'll keep everyone posted.

p.s. vote "yes" for Sol Jedi as LAFF CR =D=

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    What, SJ?You're running for CR?! Who'd nominate you? Oh, I did. (LOL)

But, seriously, are we talking this Friday (2/6) or Saturday (2/7) for the show? Rolling Hills sounds OK with me, especially if we get together at GF's house first since I know where that is. If we go Friday, GF & Mary's house is VERY close to where I work. Yes, yes, my new vote is Friday evening at the Rolling Hills AMC.

19. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    If we're going friday evening, then I might need a ride from someone. I can pay for gas. My brother works graveyard on weekdays so I wouldn't be able to borrow his car.

20. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I can go Friday night, but I'd need a ride. I could take the Orange Line to Norht Hollywood, and then the Red Line to wherever you want me to go, but I'd need a ride all the way back home, so keep that in mind.

Saturday afternoon is still better for me.

21. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I thought we were going Satuday???? I have to work late Friday and it would be impossible unless we could go to a very late screening? Ok here is what I suggest we could go Saturday and SJ if you can't borrow a car you could take the Metro and I will pick you up at the station this is also true for MZ. Also if people wanted I would be more than willing to shuttle us all in my Van to make things easier!!! I hope this all helps and Vote for Sol Jedi, I did!!!![face_flag][face_dancing]

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Saturday's cool. Which show are we going to? We're having lunch/dinner together, too, right? GF, since it's your neck of the woods, what eateries would you recommend?

23. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well by majority vote we all decided on the 8:10pm screening and as far as food, there are so many places in this area, it just really depends on what people are hungry for????? I am sure this could be decided on Saturday.

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    It looks like I should be able to make it. GF will probably have to pick me up from the Blue Line station on Artesia or Del Amo. I hope to see everyone.

Don't forget, vote Quimby...I mean Sol_Jedi :D

25. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Loos like I can't make it, guys. I have a cold, and no money.:( But I think I aced my Cinema final today. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.