main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Fanboys is finally coming out in September !!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Beanie, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Well folks it been a long ride waiting for this movie to come out and the way it was origianlly suppose to be.

The Weinstein Company finally listened to the fans and is releasing this the way it always should have.

I can't wait to see this when it comes out..I belive September 19th.

Anyone interested in going to this next month? Maybe we can make this a meet? Grab some dinner and see the movie?

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I will be interested in seeing this. I just won't watch it 3 times opening weekend. I want to go one time and have everyone I know go at the same time. lol

3. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Sounds like a plan to me Chris!

4. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Well I got an e-mail that the release date is being pushed out to Feb. 6, 2009. :(

So save the date.. until of course it gets moved again. :p

5. DeathProof

DeathProof Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2007
    Just send it to DVD already! By 2009 the film will be three years old. Not sure whom put the funding up but someone saw the first cut of the film and dropped some coin to add more production to it. Getting the cast back together and crew then re shooting and shooting new scenes took a lot of time; reason for push back #1. Reason for push back #2, was the second cut of the film was lambasted by the 'fans' that is was shown too. Fearing that the new cut would turn off a major part of the target audience the film was to be re-cut, again. I guess the 'fans' that the film was shown too didn't care for the current vulgarity in movie comedy. Push back #3 reason is there is no value to release it now without any major Star Wars media release to soak up more cash against. Too bad, I am shocked not even a screener has made its way onto the net.

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Can someone catch me up? What was wrong with the first one? They aren't going to add CG and call it a "Special Edition" are they?

7. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    with all the problems this project is having this should just go to DVD and skip the theaters. It has taken way too long to get produced/finished product (Like DP said too many reshoots after the product was "done" and kept getting bounced around from studio to studio) and it really doesn't seem to fit in anywhere (like DP said no other SW release to help it out). Since this was supposedly based on events before/leading up to EP1, which was 10+ yrs ago if my memory serves me correctly, the timing isn't there for this movie. Had it been done right after TPM (a couple yrs after maybe) I could see this a being a big deal and cool idea that could have made some coin at the box office. But 10 yrs later it really has no place to be on the big screen. With that said I would like to see it at some point. I saw a good portion (45 minutes) of the film at CIV (it was supposedly finished/close to product then) and it looked very interesting, but with each delay my interest is dropping and at this point it should just go to DVD.

8. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I just saw a trailer for it, but it seemed like it was made before they went back to the original idea of wanting to see Phantom Menace because their friend had cancer. The trailer made no mention of it, and made it sound like they were just breaking into Skywalker Ranch for the adventure (which, of course, a Jedi craves not).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.