main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson "Fanboys" Movie Night!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 12, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, I know this is a long ways away, but we have got to make tis a TFF movie night!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=642&Itemid=99

2. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Umm...

YES!!!

3. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    LOL. I just watched the trailer. They remind of people I know..........Hehehe, I'm in.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I just watched the entire thing, I'll pass.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    So this is some sort of documentary...? Sure, I'll go.

6. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Yeah, a documentary on us!

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I watched the wrong fanfilm, this looks much better.

8. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    FanBoys was partially shot over here in Albuquerque, gang! Mos Alba and the Dewback Ridge Squad of the Mountain Garrison participated in a lot of what was going on here. You can see several members and former members in the trailer!

And I'll just leave it at that! ;)

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006530274,00.html

"real" Jedi knights (religion) partition U.N. (this is for real)

10. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Umm... this article is about Michael Jackson...

However, I know what you're talking about. It's been that way for a while. There's a fanfilm on TF.N all about it. Don't remember what its called, but its pretty funny.

Here it is

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, but this was a partition to the UN because of the mass world members of the "jedi order" labled as a "real" religion. Odd.

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    This premiers May 191th

13. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I doubt I'm th only one that realized this, but that's the day Ep. III came out.

14. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    If my computer ever kewls down enough I will watch this..as for the actual event.. of course we are in.

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    [face_chicken]

the new premier date is August 17 2007

thats a friday so want to make it that saturday or sunday? I think we shoud go when its relativly busy wearing our fan force shirts, and with cards in hand for some guerilla recruiting.

But, I got in touch with the comanies that do the advertising slides before the movies, and it would only cost 60.00 for a four color slide, something to think about

16. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    What about contacting a theater to troop it?

$60.00 is fairly cheap for that advertising. Is that per theater or per company? And is that for the whole time it is playing and/or only for that movie?

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Per spacific show? In other words the Aug 18th 2:30 viewing only or as Chris said the whole theatrical run?

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    its for a two week run. These are the still slides that flash up before the movie starts.

I thought about contacting the theater to troop it, but also thought we coul dbring itt o a vote at a meeting, because Im split, I just want to go see it and hang with friends, but trooping it would also be the last opportunity to do so with a SW related film in a long while, so what do you guys think? Just go or troop it?

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well, unlike "Heart of an empire", if we do troop the first few shows we can see it later in the day.

I don't see much of a down side to trooping this. We can do a food drive or something related.

This will depend of what chain it's showing in, we MIGHT have an "In" within the group to find out more information if they would even want us trooping or not. It?s a Weinstein film so it will probably show at the Centuries.

20. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    again on a Saturday... MAN!!!!! Sheesh! :mad:

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Dustin's sig: Their is no robot bug in star wars.

Kids!

But the funnier thing is.....Yes their was.

That's a good idea, keeping a "blog" of the funny things we hear and see doing events.

Speaking of.. why come every 501/TFF member has the character they troop as the avatar and you have a pig with a Lightsaber?
    I get the reference but would not [image=http://images.swcombine.com/droids/10/main.jpg]
    [image=http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/07/200px-RA-7.jpg] work better?

8-}

22. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I say we vote on both topics at the next event. At a financial standpoint it is relatively cheap and would reach tons of people that would be some what interested in the group. As far as the troop goes I am sure with the media attention the would most likely get the would be more than happy to accommodate us.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes. I was thinking that the "hardcore" fans would show at the first weekend or first few screenings.

If we did some sort of charity related thing it would show the public (and maybe future members) that not all SW fans are geeks and we do benefit the community. It would make the whole satire basis of the film and trooping it less of a the costume wearing stereo-typical fan people would expect at such a film.

I thinnk the idea of advertising before this film is a good one and should be put to a vote at next meeting.

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I've read no new news on this film... it sort of went aside. Any news on it?

25. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    As I understand it, they finished the movie, and the producers saw how good it was and gave them more money to make it better/longer/have better effects. At CIV, I saw most of the movie, but apparentyl they are still shooting it now because I have a poster that a friend got for me from San Diego ComicCon, with a contest on the bottom with the prize to have a walk-on part in the movie. Other than that, I don't know.