main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Fanboys - Sept 19th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    So it seems that Fanboys has a very limited release - 8 cities only (and none in Canada). Hopefully, the fans in those cities will help boost tickets sales by selling out theatres, so that it gets a wider distribution.

Who knows when we'll see this epic film..:rolleyes:

Unless of course, we rely on the highly touted skills of a certain pirate - yar![face_devil]

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Just gonna wait till the blu-ray / dvd release now as this film seems to have no hope of a wide release.

3. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    REBELSCUM has posted an e-mail to try to petition for your city to be included. We're not US but it might be nice to try to see if we can get an international date!

4. hankey01

hankey01 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2009
    Here is the info from Rebelscum. Hope it's ok to paste it here. Can we get as many people as possible to email them. We need a screening in Calgary!!!!

Contact Weistein Co. To See Fanboys In Your City
    Posted by Dustin on January 23, 2009 at 07:58 PM CST:
    Earlier today we had a story posted about a grassroots campaign to contact Weinstein Co. to let them know that you would be interested in seeing Fanboys in your city. If you had not heard, Fanboys is only being released in the following cities on February 06, 2009.

*Austin, TX (1 screen)
    *Chicago, IL (3 screens)
    *Houston, TX (3 screens)
    *Los Angeles, CA (10 screens)
    *New York, NY (10 screens)
    *Philadelphia, PA (5 screens)
    *San Francisco, CA (6 screens)
    *Seattle, WA (3 screens)

So, if you are interested in contacting Weinstein Co. to let them know you want to see Fanboys in your city, please drop them a line at Fanboys@weinsteinco.com. Be sure to let all of your Star Wars buddies know about this email address. Post it on bulletin boards, forums, MySpace, Facebook, your mom's fridge, and anywhere else you can think! Let's pull together and get the word out on this one!

Also if you live in or near any of the cities showing it, please make the time to see this film opening weekend so that our voice is heard!

5. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i agree that we need to have a screening here in calgary

6. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Yay...:rolleyes: just got the generic e-mail back from them (and not an automatic bounce-back upon sending)...

"Thank-you for contacting us. We are taking all requests into consideration and we will keep you and your fellow fanboys posted. Thanks again."

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Today is the day of the Fanboy - and sadly, we cannot see this film on the big screen yet.

Let's hope that it smashes box office expectations down south and gets a wide distribution quickly so we can share and marvel in the brother/sisterhood of Star Wars Geekdom!!!

8. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    just wondering if the group and the badlander want to start a email onslaught to weinsten to get fanboys brought to calgary? i had posted on the fanboys facebook site that i felt canada was getting ripped off again and kyle newman posted after that we should email fanboys to get the movie here and that is how austin,tx and the other 9 new cities got their viewings...

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Sounds good let's give it a try please post the email address and we'll see what happens.

10. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    here is the email addy that i could find :

Fanboys@weinsteinco.com

11. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Just heard that Fanboys is coming to Canadian theatres in April. No word on which ones yet, but its promising!

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Interesting news.

But after ALL this time and screwin' around, I'm not holding my breath any longer.

13. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    got a message from the fanboys facbook page and it loks like fanboys will be coming to canada in april

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    So the Canadian release of Fanboys is only 3 cities so far. Opening April 3 in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. I wish we could do a road trip - Vancouver is doable but pretty far.

Keep your fingers crossed for something a little closer to home...[face_praying]

15. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Damn, should have gone to Vancouver with my Fiance then :(

16. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    One month away it will released on DVD
    May 19th
    10 years after Phantom we get to see this epic movie (epic maybe a little strong)

http://www.amazon.com/Fanboys-Billy-Dee-Williams/dp/B0016MJ6GA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1240257013&sr=8-1

17. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    party time

18. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Yes I can finally see this thing!!!

19. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Fanboys will be playing in Calgary at the Plaza theatre in May!

The premiere is May 17th in a double bill with "Pegwarmers". How cool is that?

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    AWESOME!!!!!! Extremely cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet to see Pegwarmers, so I WILL be trying to get that day off for sure!!!!

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Finally!!! We'll definitely have to make it a group outing for sure![face_dancing]

22. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    yay we can finally party8-}

23. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    AWESOME and it's on a Sunday so I have the day off let the planing begin.

24. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    on the site it says fanboys is also playing on the 24th... are we going to do anything big? just need to know which day to book off

25. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Depending on when we have the next meeting it could be a topic to be discussed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.