main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

fanboys the movie

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by nlindenj, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi all
    we gotta do something for this
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489049/
    the film is released in august in the states so around september time here, we should ask around at the big cinemas in the area to see if something can be done
    the cinemas at the metro centre, boro, hartlepool, teesside park and the gate in newcastle are all fair game, i think we should do something in the teesside area (we have done 2 in newcastle)
    should i put some feelers out and see what the managers of the cinemas thinks?
    what do you guys think?

2. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I'll be provisionally up for it.

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    I'm totally up for this one!!!!

Pick yer cinema? Teeside Park? Thats probably the biggest in the area....?

4. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Teesside park cinema is the biggest around but its NOT the best your best going to the UGC in Middlesbrough
    as the Teesside park one has a few bad reviews !

5. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...the front of Teeside Park Showcase is just awesome for trooping at though and will pull the crowds for sure - more than just a street cinema would do to be honest...

...and its THX Certified too! [face_dancing]

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Is a good idea.

Just as long as we don't actually have to watch the movie there. I swore I'd never watch a movie there again after it knacked up my back when I saw Sin City for my 21st bday.

7. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006
    this is gonna be a weird way to decide which cinema, but lets have a list of who is coming and the persons preferance of cinema and i'll contact the winning cinema to see if they would like us to do something with them
    just had a thought boro might be easier for people from newcastle to get to teeside park is a little out off the way

1 nigel (teesside park or cineworld in boro)

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    U hedging you bets mate? [face_thinking]

Jase = Teeside Park - cos it will rock (and Sie - no - I wouldnt go see the film there too....maybe that could be another meet? I would agree, the cinema is pants and my seat got kicked to hell by the guy behind me last time I was there....but its still a very popular cinema and gets jam packed....its the punters we want isnt it?)

9. nlindenj

Mar 5, 2006

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Sie (Will collect at Teesside Park, would prefer to see the movie at Boro (plus there's like, Nandos, Etsuko Noodle Bar, Pizza Hut and McDonalds right next to it if anyone wanted food)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.