main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Fanboys Update: Please read below for important update.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Although details are sketchy at this time...

If you look at the bottom of the little news blurb... you see that Fan Boys has been pushed back to a January release...

Guess that means it'll be a cold troop!!!

2. Kamikaze_TIE

Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2006
    January good god the last i heard it was august anyone know what keeps getting it pushed back

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So.... If you look at the bottom of these boards... Latest updates and such...

There is the opportunity to win a walk on role in Fanboys???

So, when the hack is this flick coming out???

Just thought it was curious....

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    now giving January 18 for the release date...

Guess we have our January event...

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Can anyone else say.... "LINE PARTY???"

We'll just have to figure out which theater we want to talk to about this one...

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Did anybody realize that Kevin Spacey was producing this flick???

Images are up on IESB.net...

Check them out they're pretty cool...

Hope it works...

*crosses fingers* and waits for theforce.net to crash...

7. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    It will probably be pushed back..... again.

MY question is... when will we get to see HOAE?

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Is Heart of an Empire supposed to be released??

I'm not sure... I'll do some digging.

I have the t-shirt... Does that count????

9. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    It almost counts.

10. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    Is Heart of the Empire to be released direct to DVD, or in theaters first? And what will the availabilty of the DVD be? I can't imagine it will be in wide release.

11. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    With the way they keep pushing it back, who knows?

12. AGRadministrator

AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2006
    Nope. I don't think it'll be pushed back again. They're showing the traler for it.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK.

I'm fixing to contact the Rave people (again)... to see if they want to work with us on this one?

I'll update when I find something out...

14. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Looks like it's been pushed back again.
    March 21st, 2008.... according to the 501st site.

The way things are going, it may never come out.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    As Locokarma said above.... March is the rumored new release date?

Which could explain why the Lady Manager person at the Rave didn't see it on her list. She also said that non-studio studio releases like that sometimes don't show up until the week they get them...

Anyway, So she calls me back. Doesn't have a clue what the film is about... But, I explain that we are the local Star Wars group who were at their theater for ROTS... She still doens't have a clue. I explain that it's good for your theatre for us to come add "Ambiance and Entertainment" for them (Hello...all 4 TV Stations and the newspaper were at their theatre for Sith)

I explain about stormtroopers and Jedi and such... You know... crazed fans with plastic weapons (you don't want to just show up with these things...) She tells me how they don't allow masks but how Stormtroopers would be ok because Helmets are more like hats???

So, at this point... I have nothing to tell you but we might be seeking a new theatre to work with???

Any suggestions or anything? Put it here?

16. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Now they say it will be pushed back even further. I'd bet all they will do is direct to DVD release.

If.... and a big if at that, our local theaters do decide to show it, perhaps we're better off going somewhere else that the Rave. Just my 2 cents.

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It appears that though it may be delayed, Fanboys will be released. But, it's going to be a hot troop cause it's coming out in August.

But, it will be a better Fanboys than we would have gotten originally because it has received a helping hand from "The Maker"

For more information you can read the article here:

Fanboys article in SciFi Wire

18. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Hot day= inside troop ;-P

19. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    um, that article is from April 2007. I knew something was off when it said August 17, as that's a Sunday.
    However, we now have confirmation that Clone Wars 3-D will be in theaters Friday Aug 15th, so you'll still have a hot troop. :D

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Darn me and my posting other folks links.

The film has been screened and there are reviews. And they are screening the no cancer plot
    version.

But at least we've got clone wars.

21. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Woah, have you guys read about the changes they have decided to make to FANBOYS?
    There's an update on the main page but here's the gist of it?

UPDATE #5: The Fanboys saga continues...See below for a letter that was sent over to AICN, from Jek Porkins of the 501st in regards to their frustration with the new edit of Fanboys:

"Dear Harry,

We're a group of Star Wars fans and 501st Legion members who donated our time, costumes, props, and support to help make the movie FANBOYS, a movie about some Star Wars fans who decide to break in to Skywalker Ranch and steal a print of Episode I so that their friend can see it before he dies of cancer. We agreed to be involved because it has heart, and is a movie about friendship and what it means to be a fan.

Now, after delaying the release of the movie for over a year, the Weinstein Company (the studio who owns it) has decided to recut the entire movie so that it mocks Star Wars fans. They're planning to remove the cancer plotline and have the fans break into Skywalker Ranch for no reason at all - just because they're "Death Star Dorks" (from the Weinstein Co. website). They plan to rip the heart out of the movie and turn it into a mindless comedy that ridicules Star Wars fans, instead of celebrating them.

We (a group of fans and 501st Legion members) have decided to organize an international boycott by Star Wars fans of all Weinstein Company films, unless they release the original version of FANBOYS.

This past weekend, we launched these three websites to announce our intended boycott:

Myspace
    Beam.To
    Seeya.at

We're going to attack the Weinstein Company death star, even if it is a suicide mission.

A link bump from AICN would really help spread the word of our cause, and maybe draw the attention of the national media. Help us, Harry. You're our only hope!

Thanks for your time.
    And May the Force Be With You!

Jek Porkins
    and the Stop Darth Weinstein Squadron"

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Regarding the Fanboys news bit. Please note that the letter is not the opinion of the 501st, but rather the opinion of someone who has not then their
    501st ID number. It is not the opinion of the Legion as of yet. So please be aware of this when forming opinion.

As we know more we will let you know.

23. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Whomever this Jek guys is doesn't have the right to speak for anyone, RL, Fanforce or 501st Legion. IMO, I don't feel that by taking out the "cancer plot" was the best they could do, but it's the movie makers right to do so. I've heard, when it comes out on DVD, that both versions will be released on DVD. I will probably see it when it comes out in the Theater. Maybe. But I don't appreciate someone making up my mind for me.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    UPDATE:

The 501st Legion has NOT decided to boycott this movie... BUT, As a FanForce, we will be watching events surrounding the release of this flick and decide what to do from there.

With the additions that are being made, it appears as if this thing will wind up with an R rating. If that is the case, We will not be making an event of it.

FanForce is a family friendly organization. I'm not saying we are boycotting it or saying not see it or anything like that... What I am saying is that we won't be
    promoting the event in costume or any other public way if it has a "R" rating at it's release.

If you have a problem with this feel free to post here or pm me.

Thanks

Bacon[face_pig]

25. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Well, that sucks that they are sticking the R rating on it.
    I was really looking forward to trooping this event. Oh well. At least we have the animated one coming out in August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.