main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Fanboys?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Wicket_Rocks, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicket_Rocks

Wicket_Rocks Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    Has anyone here found any info on a release date for that movie?[face_peace]

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The movie is "on hold" because the Weinstein company decided to re-write the script and re-shoot several scenes. The original production group is not happy and is challenging the company to release the film that was originally shot.

The Weinstein Co. thinks that the cancer plot line would be too much of a "downer" and they want to show SW fans as idiots instead of showing us with heart (as the original script portrayed the fans).

Unfortunately this is common practice in Hollywood, so the film will probably make the fans the butt of many jokes in the movie. :mad:

3. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah, I'm a bit angered by the intended re-writes. Not it's just a bunch of fanboys trying to steal the movie just to be first in the block to have it instead of trying to steal it so their friend with cancer can see it before he dies. Sucks!

4. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    *Fantasises about hiring a certain Mandalorian bounty hunter to...take care of certain group of individuals...permanently...*[face_skull]

5. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    You called?

6. Wicket_Rocks

Wicket_Rocks Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    :mad: I cant belive that they are going to change the plot!!

7. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    I'm going to take that movie of my "must-see" list! That royally SUCKS! :mad: (and I'm still not sure if I will rent the DVD or not either!) [face_not_talking]

8. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I might as well peel off my Brake For Wookies bumper sticker if this movie is released in this slanderesque form.:mad:

9. Darth_Plagueis619

Darth_Plagueis619 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2008
    when is it expected to come out?

10. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Maybe never.

11. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    Good. Hollywood tried doing that to a certain filmmaker, trying to make a movie about a galaxy, far, far away & look where that got them. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.