Fancy being an extra in a film ??

Discussion in 'North' started by spike_thmid, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    A couple of weeks ago I applied to an advert requesting extra's & staff for an up coming slasher movie "A Time to Kill" directed by a local film maker. His 1st film (I can't remember it's name) was premiered at The Arc in Stockton last year

I've just had this email & it appears they need a few more extra's, I'll be going along of course it may be a bit of a laugh. If you can make it come along.......

"Hey everyone, Joe here!

On Sunday, 9th July 2006 Gore Cartoons will be filming at Mohan's, a pub
    located on Bedford Street in Middlesbrough.

If you or anyone you know would like to be involved as en extra then come
    down just before 11.00am. We'll be shooting for an hour or so and need as
    many extras as possible to make the place look busy.

Mohan's was called Scruffy Murphys until very recently, just incase you dont
    reconise the name.

No need to contact me or anyone else involed, all you gotta do is be there
    on time. Everyone involved will be credited for there time even if they
    arnt visable in the final scene.

For more news on the shooting of TTK go to :
    http://www.gorecartoons.co.uk/forum/

Takecare,"

2. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes That it Im coming too matey ( that was my old watering hole anyhow )

3. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Well that was a waste of time then !

I turned up @ 10.50am When the Pub was opened there was 3 Extra's standing about Board (Because te bar was closed due to Filming)The Crew were grumpey,So I went back home.
  4. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    ah, sorry I didn't make it - I kinda had a plumbing disaster on Saturday, resulting in no lights or water on Saturday night !! :oops:

luckily all is ok now, but I was awaiting a phone call from a plumber friend this morning

so it didn't go well [face_blush]
  5. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    FILM EXTRAS NEEDED FOR A WAR FILM IN REDCAR ILL GETTING THE DETAILS SHORTLY -
  6. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    REDCAR & Cleveland Borough Council has today confirmed Redcar promenade could be transformed into Dunkirk 1940 for a Hollywood blockbuster that would bring a 400-strong 'invasion force' of actors, extras and crew to the town this summer.

Negotiations over the production demands, which would involve the closure of the Esplanade from the Regent Cinema to the boating lake and the creation of a wartime scene, including burnt-out armoured vehicles, have opened and more talks are planned later this month.

The film, with a reported £36million budget, is titled Atonement, based on the novel by Ian McEwan, and will star Keira Knightley, with Jude Law tipped to star alongside her in a story billed as a mix of love, war and emotional truth.

The Council's Cabinet Member for Economic Development Councillor Vera Moody said: "We are still in negotiations, but what an exciting possibility! It would represent a huge boost to the local economy and what a tourist attraction it would be. We'd have film fans from all over the country coming to Redcar."

The film's location manager Adam Richards said: "We had a very successful meeting last month and one at the end of this month. We're still in the discussion stage, but so far talks have been positive and we're quietly confident."

He explained: "My brief was to find a beach, with industry in the background, so we've been scouring the East coast. I started down in Suffolk, going north through Lincolnshire following the coast and came to Redcar. It just ticked so many of the boxes.

"There will be a lot of design work we need to do before we can film. I would anticipate it would involve two-three weeks of preparation, then filming could be four-five days. We've no dates fixed, but it could be August."

The film, which would have a crew of between 150-200, with over 200 actors and extras, starts in 1935, going through to the Second World War, with Redcar, including the sands, transformed into Dunkirk. There will also be location filming down the East Coast at Grimsby.

OR

The auditions - for actors and extras - will be on April 5, 7, 9, 10 and 11 at Redcar's Coatham Memorial Hall, 10am-4pm daily.

And while any age is welcome, younger boys and men are particularly in demand.

Mr Sinclair said: "I must admit, we were expecting more boys but, for some reason, not many turned up. As well as main roles, we want lots of extras, aged 20 to 50, and even a couple of pensioners.

"All the roles are non-paid, but it's a chance to be in a film shot in Redcar.

"We've just about got things in place and we'll definitely be shooting, hopefully in July."

An appeal for props through the Gazette also went quite well, with motorbikes and even a set of New Romantic clothes being offered.

The proposed film - an earthy, teenage rites of passage comedy-drama - is based on the book "Virginity - Is That It?"

Hopes for big cash backing fell through last year but Mr Sinclair, a Teessider living in Luton, is determined to plough ahead and has already invested thousands of pounds of his own money.

The main actors must all be 16 or over when shooting starts.

(OR CONTACT THE EVENING GAZETTE )
  7. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    Right well I've found an email address to contact for an application form on Northern Media

Atonement Extras
    An official e-mail address has now been set up for anyone wishing to take part as an extra in the feature film production of Ian McEwan's best selling novel Atonement.

Please contact
    dunkirkextras@gmail.com to request an application form or for further information. Filming is due to take place in Redcar, Cleveland in mid-to-late August.

Northern Film & Media is no-longer handling application forms for extras. All forms received by Northern Film & Media will be forwarded to the film company by Wednesday 14 June. Please do not send any further applications to Northern Film & Media after this date.

http://www.northernmedia.org/news.php?id=208&type=0&read=1
  8. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Well Ive requested an form Have You ? [face_dancing]
  9. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
  10. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Extras non-paid in a professional film??

Sounds dodgy to me. Although Atonement is being filmed in Redcar, there is no mention of Hude Law on IMDB.

But I've known extras in films like this, and they always ALWAYS get paid.
  11. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4

I'll just settle for an evening with keira knightley :D

Hey Dave have you had an response from these guys ?? I've heard nothing yet [face_frustrated]
  12. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
  13. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Think the Fish is right. From my experience the Union is everything so anyone being an extra has to be, preferably, a member of Equity, but maybe that's change - gotta be paid though - all to do with insurance and stuff. I suppose it might just be a case that they want street fodder - background, but to be honest, that's a security hazard no film company would tolerate. This reminds me of something else - Legionnaires or some such oddity. Be curious to see what you get back though.
  14. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    I would need more than Danger money to get in the sea @ Redcar You dont know whats In there !
  15. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    My aunt lives in Redcar - tis cold, wet and consists of nothing but shops selling rock. Who buy's this rock? Film extras not getting paid I guess ;)
  16. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    You havent been in the sea at Redcar then !

There's a nice chippey in Redcar I know other than that The Road out of its is nice too
  17. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    I know they do a boxing day "dip" in the sea at Redcar, involving running into the sea to chest height & trying not to pass out with the cold - I've always fancied doing it !!! maybe this year [face_thinking]
  18. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know - I'd worry about coming out glowing in the dark or something. Not to mention looking like a smurf from the cold. A fat smurf is not a pretty sight ;)

Hmm, if you go in the sea, let us all know - could be an interesting meet.
  19. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Thats Hartlepool Home of the Monkey hangers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.