Idaho Fandemonium Convention In Boise This Aug. (13-15)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MalcolmTolemac, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    NEW BOISE ORDER

Please read the following post (copied and pasted from an ID Falls Thread).

Fandemonium.com

About us: "Fandemonium is a Fandom convention that was created by and is run for fans. Each year of the convention is different from the last. As each year its designed around what the fans are telling us they want. And on what fans like yourselves are willing to contribute to it.

"Our members come from all over the state. The convention itself focuses on a rather wide range of Fandom. Such as Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Anime, Horror, Gaming, Indie, Comics, etc. But primarely the focus is Fandom itself. ...And since companies don't put on conventions in Idaho anymore it looks like its up to the fans to do it if we want a place and time to celebrate our love of Fandom in a big way."

Fademonium covers a lot of areas from horror, sci-fi, and fantasy. What about SW? "As for Star Wars, we acttualy have quite a bit. Including a Star Wars FanFilm called "Saving Star Wars" that will be shown during the convention. As well as numerous short Star Wars FanFilms & Animations that will be playing in the video room's and on various terminals during the convention, also hopefully a few Star Wars themed Fan Music Videos will be submitted. We also have a suprise or two that will be announced during the convention."

Sci-Fi in general? "As for Sci-Fi in general we are running showings of Firefly, FarScape, Quantum Leap, LEXX, Omega Doom, Dark City, etc. As well as Sci-Fi FanFilms & FanShorts. We have a panel on 'Increasing human longevity the quest for immortality'. So while we are not a Star Wars nor even a strictly Sci-Fi convention we do have a fair bit of both Star Wars & Sci-Fi content."

Will there be contests? "We do indeed have quite a few contests; Costume/CosPlay Contest, Maniac Masquerade Costume Ball, FanFilm Contest, Fan Music Video Contest, Short Story Contest, and several PC, Console and Paper & Dice gaming tournaments. And many more...

"While There are no fee's associated for entering the many contests we are running there is an admission fee to get into the convention itself:"

Pre-Register on our website or by mail before July 31st 2004
    3-day Pass $30.00 / 2-day Pass $21.00 / 1-day Pass $12.00

At The Door prices
    3-day Pass $35.00 / 2-day Pass $24.00 / 1-day Pass $13.00

"Guests of Honor, Special Guests and Those running panels and workshops at the convention get in for free though. Which I would suppose is a definte benifit for chiping in and lending your skills and knowledge to the cause of Fandom. Like I said we can only do what the fans want and what they are willing to contribute. We always welcome fans who want to do panels and/or workshops relating to any genre we cover. "

"As for the limit on number of enteries. There is acttualy a three film limit, that three limit also applies to Fan Music Videos & Short Stories. Basicaly to make sure that everyone who is intrested gets a chance to submit there FanFilms, Fan Music Videos & Short Stories and acttualy have them seen at the convention."

Here's a chance for the NBO to make a "presence". Go for it dudes!

Malcolm!

2. codywankenizzle Jedi Knight

holy snykies i cant wait this is going to be extra cool. i first heard about this event from a friend who had a flyer, i will see if i could copy this but it dosent really matter 'cause you certainly have all the nessisary info there mr. mark. thanks mega-cool dude for the full low down, really do! big kudos to casey and james again for the exposure to one of the coolest cult film trilogys ever. seeing army of darkness for the first time was trully memorable. it made me feel like i was 17 all over again. it made me think of how i would have reacted to it if i had seen it when it first came out so it was like taking me back to that old fashioned fun movie watching feeling. its just that kind of movie, the kind totally fun to watch and the one liners were extra sweeet!later on! [face_laugh][face_hypnotized][face_dancing]

p.s.will ask steve sansweeeet!all about imax but befor i leave for sandeigo i am away on a buisness trip the 15th to the 18th so have fun blastin off those paintballs and wish casey a happy b-day!(oh yes casey i read that rebuttle-gooood one man!!next time we get into some video game play ill keep my strategy in check as to not tip the scales further in my direction, ha!)
  3. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah this needs to be on the agenda for the next meeting. We should definately get a booth set-up.
  4. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    i don't know, but would there be enough time to have this on the agenda (at the end of the month) or should someone just check into getting it done (exec. decision). . .
    just wondering/just putting it out there as I'm no longer an official member or not an officer...
  5. Corni_Wisea Jedi Padawan

I was wondering if I could help out anyway at the convention. Please PM if I can. I'm going to a friend's wedding on the 14th of August, so will that be okay?

Also I'm going to be out of town from June 25-31, so if I don't respond right away, that's why. (Don't worry, I'll be back in time for the meeting.)
  6. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, how many are going to this? And on which day? I want to go, but not by myself! (post, e-mail, or PM me!)
  7. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    I would be willing to contribute my Tatooine Village Playset and custom toys for display. If it is not too late to organize it. The Tatooine Village Playset is 4'x 3' and has a plexi-glass cover made for publuc display. I will probaly need help asembling and disasemblling it. What do you think?
  8. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think, "hell yeah!" We need all of our members there for this...considering half the club seems non-exsistent anymore. I'll be there the days I can, but if I end up with free admission, I'll be consumed with helping the the fanfilm area, because that is where my free admission would come from.
  9. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    The Tatooine playset can be there all weekend of corse.
    I have to work from 1:00-7:00 on Fri. and Sat.
    I could be there in the morning.

Does the club have a space already? Is it too late to add? The Playset takes up some room(three feet by four feet), it might need two of those (2'x6'?) folding tables.

10. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, we have a booth. We are meeting for a last minute meeting this Friday at 6pm in the mall. If you can be there, come and we'll discuss. Otherwise, give Russ a call at Suncoast, don't worry, that's where we all get a hold of him. Good to hear from you and be seeing you soon.
    Kasey
  11. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    The eralesit I could be there would be 7:00pm
  12. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll talk to Russ and see what he says. He only has an hour break, so I'm not sure yet about times. If it ends up being at 6 and you can only come at 7, don't stress...we'll be giving you a call to talk over the new items on the agenda if we can't meet at the mall. I'll let you know.
  13. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    We are moving the meeting to 7...it's just you me and Russ. Meet at Suncoast. Thanks.
  14. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    I went shopping this afternoon so, I talked to Russ at Suncoast. He told me about the new meeting time. I'll see you there!
  15. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    so, I haven't heard... who is actually going? (I'm guessing Kasey and Dan based on the above.)
    This really doesn't look worth going to unless some of you guys are there.
    I also need to save some of the day for helping out with a garage sale (we can't take it all with us to Fl. ;) ) ...so, let me know what's up. (dates, times, going in costume? etc...)
    If I don't hear anything by Wed. I guess I'll just plan on not going.
  16. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Marc,
    I'd actually been meaning to call you for sometime now, but I've been wrapped up in things and been putting it off. We are all going except Eric. We won't all be there at the same time. I know I'll be there each day until at least 5pm. Any chance you could sit in on the booth? I know you're not an "official" member anymore so I just thought I'd ask. Also, any chance you could join us for AVP on Thursday night-midnight? Thanks and talk soon.
  17. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    If sitting in on the booth means discounted or free admission... no problem. Since we're having the yard sale Fri. - Sun. I'd most likely be aval. Sat. afternoon, after my wife gets off work. Give me a call or even leave a message... don't worry, Heidi won't "bite" your head off ;) . If she answers, she'll probably just sound busy, not ticked...

Erev tov! L'haim!
  18. Corni_Wisea Jedi Padawan

I'll help out all three days!
  19. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we were all going to pitch in for tickets. I'll talk to Russ again. I'll call you before I go to work today (Wed) at 6. Thanks.
  20. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    How much space do we have? The Tatooine Playset takes time to pack up and I don't want to start packing if there is no room for it in the both. I have my Imperial Shuttle and some Stromtroopers ready as back-up. I need to know what's going on. ASAP!
  21. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    I was in the area and stopped by the Red Lion Hotel to check it out. Ended up talking to the Fandemonium VP. He basicaly said that we will figure it out.
    I am thinking of being there some time beteewn 8:00am and 9:00am to start setting up the Tatooine Playset.
  22. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, terrible notice guys with this. If you say this is going down, you need to be here. Dan came and set up everything with Nick's help. I called James and he told me that everyone decided late after the movie last night not to come down. Fine, but call everyone, especially if you have already told everyone you're going to be here.
  23. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I posted that last message from Fandemonium today, and I'm still upset about this. If Nick (Corni_Wisea) hadn't gone today, Dan would've been left there to set-up everything by himself. Here I am, getting into a costume, make-up and all, and then I call James who tells me no one is going.... I thought he was kidding at first.
    All in all, this first day wasn't that exciting. I mean, most of it was just walking around and smiling at people in other costumes. But, it was the organization that really upset me today! We even had an impromptu meeting about this where we all discussed being there, and what times we were available. And then, suddenly, everyone decides, "let's just not go." Honestly gang, half of us were in the dark today. There was no materials for the booth (partially my fault) and there was no presence of our club! Nick volunteered! And he's not even an "offical" member! Adam was also there, had a great time and helped a lot. In fact, if it hadn't been for Dan carting down his huge display, we would've had nothing. Once again, I apologize Dan for the lack of a clue with all this. Your display was very impressive, "most impressive." People were taking pictures, asking about the club (I had no literature) and wanting to know who made it and how. People were also mildly excited about my makeshift Two-Face costume, which I'm glad to say I came up with in 20 minutes!

So, here's what I know FOR SURE about tomorrow.
    I will be there no later than 11:30am. I will have a TV-DVD-VCR with me + extension chords. I will be in some kind of costume or in a SW T-shirt. I will bring whatever literature on the club I have plus one or two posters to bring more attention to us- not that we need it with Dan's display!
    Cody said he would be there around 1pm, Dan said probably 10am. I don't have a clue what the rest of you are doing....please, do tell. Dan has to leave at Noon for work, and will be back around 6pm. I'm also helping with the fanfilm panel as I mentioned in a previous post considering it gave me free admission for Saturday (I just bought a Two-Day, one for Friday and Sunday).

I think we really need to get on the ball here, schedule an official meeting, plus meet with Mike from BSU. I'm going to send him an e-mail tonight detailing our requests for an on-campus club again, and find out when he can meet. We should also have an "official" club get together time, maybe the "BATMAN" thing at James' house. Just something to get us in motion again. Perhaps I'll post a thread to vote which weekend is best for our "official meeting." Thanks- and no apologies this time. I think we need to kick it in the butt and get more organized! We need to figure out dues stuff, get our positions filled, and get some events planned and in motion!
  24. Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sorry for leaving you hanging like that on Friday morning, Kasey... as I said, the reason we didn't call you when we came to this decision, was because it was 4am. As far as we knew, you'd be spending a lot of your time at the con with Barry, anyway. When you called me at noon... well, you woke me up... so I hadn't had a chance to call you yet, obviously.

I agree that we should make some bloody forward momentum in the group, however... we all have a lot going on in our lives that takes priority, and thusly, getting a firm date takes time. We'll all get together soon, though... it all just depends on your definition of soon :)

-James-
  25. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks James. I do appreciate the apology. I would hope everyone will say sorry to Dan as well, since he was left hanging that first day. Thanks for your input, it's definately needed!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.