main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Fandemonium

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Though DanBinks is our head man for this affair, I recieved this e-mail and figured I'd go ahead and post it:

Greetings,

I just thought you might like to know that... Fandemonium 2005 is Coming!!! We
    have a new huge venue for the convention this year. Giving us a lot more room
    to try new and exciting events and increase the size of many of last years
    returning events. We look forward to seeing you there.
    http://www.fandemonium.org/

Please join or *Spam Free* Message Board - http://www.fandemonium.org/fanforum/
    and help us shape the future of Fandemonium in Idaho.

You can also Pre-Register for the convention now at
    http://www.fandemonium.org/store/
    and save even more off are already insanely low prices. Get a 3-Day Pass for
    only $25.00
    Yes you read that right, enjoy all three days of Fandemonium this year for only
    $25.00 if
    you Pre-Register now!

Have an excellent day and may the Fandom be with you.

-Daniel (Borneo) Armstrong / Fandemonium Chairman

---
    Fandemonium 2005 - August Fri the 5th, Sat the 6th & Sun the 7th, 2005.
    Idaho's Sci-Fi, Anime, Fantasy, Gaming, Indie, Horror, Comics & More... Fandom
    Convention

LET'S MAKE THIS YEAR'S CONVENTION HAVE A HUGE STAR WARS PRESENCE!

*Locked by CR request*

2. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    and this is where now?

3. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I hope this ends up being better than last year... I guess based on the face that it was the Cons first year last year, maybe it wasn't too bad...

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I've created a log on for the Fandamonium boards called NEWBOISEORDER. I've posted that our presence will be made and much larger than last years. Here's the actual post:

Hello all you various fandom populace.
    THE NEW BOISE ORDER, the official STAR WARS fanforce of Boise, ID will be making its second appearance at Fandamonium. However, expect to see much more of us this time...
    Our club has grown significantly since the last outing and our club plans on making a large presence. Because the last Star Wars film has just released, we are looking to go above and beyond what was done last year. We must carry the torch for all the sci-fi fans out there...especially the SW ones!
    For more information about our club, go to: http://newboiseorder.tripod.com or e-mail us at newboiseorder@hotmail.com.
    Be looking for us...not that it will be hard to find us!
    The Force is US, always!

If anyone wants me to post information about the club or otherwise, let me know and I'll be happy to do so. Thanks!

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey gang,
    I've posted another thread in the idea section of there boards for a parade. After CIII, it seems that "parading" into the convention center would only help to attract people inside. Here is the post:

Our club is focused mostly on the Star Wars saga. However, all of our members appreciate and enjoy all different realms of fandom. It is our general thought that doing a "parade" of sorts would help to not only bring more people into Fandamonium, but to help advertise all of our different clubs. The idea would be to parade down the streets of Nampa into the convention center. While the starting place of this "parade" is up in the air, it is well known from previous convention experience that these types of events only benefit from activities like this. Plus, it's a great way to show off costumes...which is also one reason to do a parade.
    Thoughts?

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Me again...I found that we are actually mentioned on the Fandamonium boards. However, Russ is the contact person and I'm not sure he should be since all of our positions change next month. I've already e-mailed Borneo (Dan), the guy in charge of Fandamonium to ask about tables and such. You've all seen the e-mail because I sent it to everyone. I'll post updates as they come. Danbinks, you should talk with him also about your own table. I mentioned you'd want it in my original e-mail. Thanks again! Let's blow everyone's socks off this year!

7. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Added to agenda.

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I've been put as the contact person and the logo should be added soon if not already. Things are slowly working themselves out...which is good now because that means we have loads of time to do this thing right! Everyone who can FOR SURE be at Fandemonium for these dates let us know here.
    I think everyone should make an attempt to make at least one day if not all three. This is going to be a blast and from what I know speaking with Borneo, it's not cheap. Out of shear respect for him doing this we should go...conventions like these won't last unless the fans do something about it.
    WHO'S WITH ME?!!!

9. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    not cheap?
    umm... if I do do that demo do I get a discount?
    lol

seriously... my bro and I are gonna be moving out..and with our rent being so high we're both gonna be VERY strapped for cash

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    The panel would be free, you'd have to pay an entrance fee, but that would last you for 3 days...also, it's only $25 before the beginning of August. Time to save up I say! We'd like to see you and your bro attend. Let me know if you think it's probable. People there would take it seriously, unlike those stupid teen girls...and you could seriously show off the moves! People love that kind of thing at conventions.

11. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    I'll see what I can do
    although since I'm technically not even supposed to be working right now b/c of my medical slip they want it might seam odd if I ask about vacation time
    and if I can't get vacation time then there is no way I'll be able to do it

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    For those who don't know, I've been chatting with Doug and the 501st on the Alpine Garrison boards about coming down to troop this event. So far, most of the feedback has been positive. It looks like we'll be seeing more than a few troopers and different baddies at Fandemonium.
    I may or may not be getting my stormtrooper armor. I know that I'll definately be getting it soon, but perhaps not before Fandemonium. I may be investing in a personal computer of my own instead. So I have to draw the line between a comp or armor, and I can do more with a comp!
    But I'll have my armor sometime soon.

13. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I may be investing in a personal computer of my own instead.

Word of warning: Personal computers can drive you insane! I want to shoot mine right now.

Glad to hear the 501st will make a showing at the event. That is cool.

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Word of warning: Personal computers can drive you insane! I want to shoot mine right now.

Oh, I don't need a personal computer to know that one!

Yeah, I'm glad 501st is coming down. I'm really looking forward to Fandemonium this year.

15. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    just wanted to post this again so yall know

My bro and I wont be able to attend due to bad days off (damn scheduals)
    and Wal-Mart wont be granting time off during those dates due to "Inventory"
    *rolls eyes*

but we're working on a coography(sp?) anyways
    and so far it's pretty sweet

can't wait till we have a chance to show yall
    if we get a chance

16. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Hey! It looks like I am going to do a panel on Customizing Action Figures at Fandemonium!

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Awesome Dan! Do the Fandemonium people know?

18. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Yes, of course they know!:rolleyes:

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Ok. I wasn't sure if you'd simply decided to do a panel and were in the process of asking them, or if you'd actually gone the whole 10 yards.
    :confused:

20. Corni_Wisea

Corni_Wisea Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    :D Your bringing your figures to it like last year? Nice! It was awesome what you did last year! Can't wait to see what you've got this time!

The parade sounds like an awesome idea. Are all going as SW characters (because I've got an Anakin costume) or whatver we want (working on a Robin costume). I'm good with either one.

21. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Kasey, it is looking like I will be attending (even though it was a close call, even as the Rebel Legion Executive Officer for Idaho I had to have a serious think about spending about three times the $$$ in gas just to get there as it would cost to get in the door).

I will be giving a panel on FX make-up. Do you still have that book report movie you did on Frankenstein back in 2001? That was a great job of mine, and my copy wont transfer to my computer.

Anywho, POP QUIZ TIME, if my primary costume for this event was to be a "Lich"... who would know what that was? ;)

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    A "lich" is a spellcaster who seeks to defy death by magical means. They convert themselves into an undead state by means of black magic and necromancy.

Do I win?

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Barry. The IDF boards are always dead or chatting about silly things. Good to see you on our boards. I DO still have that video. Did you need to borrow my copy?
    Glad you can make it.

24. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    IF fandom has pretty much decided to make its bed and sleep in it. The Alpine Garrison boards see all the traffic now.

But if you can keep that video close at hand when I show up, then super.

ANd oh yeah, cmdr did get LICH right. Casey saw me making a movie with that guy. Cool huh.

25. Borneo

Borneo Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2004
    Its being held in the Nampa Civic Center August (Fri) 5th, (Sat) 6th & (Sun) 7th, 2005. Located at 311, 3rd St. South. Take I-84 to Exit 35 go South on Nampa Blvd and turn left on 3rd St. It will be on your right hand side shortly thereafter.

For your conveniance here are a few Map Links:

[Yahoo! Maps]
    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=311+3rd+St+S&csz=Nampa%2C+ID+83651&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

[MapQuest]
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=311+3rd+St+S&city=Nampa&state=ID&zipcode=83651

[Google Maps]
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=311+3rd+St+S+Nampa,+ID+83651-3766&hl=en

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

-Borneo / Fandemonium Chairman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.