main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Fandemonium

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Star Wars "passing" is only in the realm of the passive fan who waits for fandom to happen. There are, on the other hand, ways to MAKE fandom happen.

As I sit here right now, the Idaho Falls 501st is over at our Musuem which has been hosting huge display of NASA artifacts. They are in costume, taking pictures and signing autographs (I have to babysit else I would be there). We already have events lined up until the DVD release.
    SW is so engrained in pop culture that to a degree you can make your own STAR WARS whereever you happen to be. A Darth Vader suit IS Star Wars and carries the SW aura whereever you go with it. Fans crawl out of the woodwork just to shake your hand. Fandom is not going anywhere for those guys.

Fandemonium was one place where one could make things happen rather than watch them happen, and it is preposterous to think that a town of 250,000 cannot find such opportunities all the time if we here in Idaho Falls can.

Buy your own stormtooper suit, and make SW happen whereever you go.

2. Borneo

Borneo Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2004
    Fandom is forever... As long as we fight to keep it alive and make it better. But its not a one time effort, its a life time of effort, the rewards for the effort however are great and wonderful. To bring hope to a bleak existance, to bring a smile to a childs eyes, to stir the imagenations of old, to do the things others only dream of. That is living Fandom!

Just a simple story of Fandom in Boise at The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie opening this year a bunch of the Fandemonium crew were there, we all had towels and some of us went in costume as Ford Prefect & Arthur Dent. We held a trivia contest in front of the theatre and one of our crew stayed up all night and made Babel Fish based on the design used in the Hitchhiker's TV Serise from back in the 80's. He carved the pattern in yellow craft sheet foam and stamped them w/ our URL. We then handed them out with the statement that "You'll need a babel fish to understand the movie". We just figgured people would stick them over there ear like a pencil or put them in there pocket, instead when the movie began there sat 30+ people we had never met before with Babel Fish sticking out of there ears. It was truly awe inspiring.

Fandom can start with the small spark of an idea and spread like a wildfire if we merely keep faning the fires of the imagenation. Never give up never surrender, that was Fandemonium's motto in 2005... And I meant it. There is no surrender there is no time that its ok to give up. You fight for what you love and belive in until the very end of your existance. Sometimes what you fight for changes, sometimes how you fight changes, but you never stop fighting for the dreams you belive in.

Make Fandom happen each and every day!

-Borneo

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Well, with the 3rd official Fandemonium coming in August, its time to start brainstorming.

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    updated thier website hard to tell where my post are i wish they would change it back.

5. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well looks like they got the boards working now

6. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    less than a month away who has pre purchased thier passes?

if not look on the website there is a link on ours and on fandemonium.org
    well can not wait just a short time left.

7. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Star Wars Fan Force New Boise Order
    2nd Annual Raffle
    1.00 a ticket 7 for $5.00 and 15 for 10.00

This Year We have some Exclusive prizes such as

One Celebration 3 Star Wars Darth Vader (with James Earl Jones Doing the Voice Recordings) Exclusive was avaible only at Celebration 3 in Indianapolis Indiana.

Second Prize is one year Paid Membership to the N.B.O

Third Prize is One Yoda V.S Emperor Palpatine Unleashed

Fourth Prize Is on Master Replica FX saber Mace Windu with Purple Blade.

http://newboiseorder.tripod.com/raffel2nd.doc this is not official till i have all paying members give me a yes we should do this or a no.

I have donated all the prizes except for the 1 year paid membership to the New Boise Order that would have to be voted aproved.

but i think this would be a good way for the club to maybe make some extra funds. to help the club out please vote.

Since the meeting we never did get to do the fandemonium part.

I am asking that

Eric, Kasey, Katy, Josh please vote my Vote is Yes.

I would ask for the other members to vote but votes only count from paying members if anyone else would like to give thier opinions on this please do so.

I will run this vote for a couple days to make sure everyone has had a chance to read it.

this is the only fair thing i can think of.

Since i do not know when we all be at the same place again before fandemonium.

if you have questions or would like to donate something please feel free to let me know.

8. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    my vote is also yes

9. jasterpreel

jasterpreel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
  10. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    3 out of 5 is a pass thanks guys i will get this all ready for fandemonium.

11. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    what does everyone think of this.

Every other hour or every hour since i will have my xbox there we play Trivial Pursuit Questions for a chance at free tickets. by random grabbing 2-3 people and asking a question and first one to answer correctly gets a ticket for a chance to win.

I think this will help get people to be by our booth all the time. and might even increase sales. just a thought please tell me yours.

12. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah that works, as usual good thinking.

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    hey everyone the Fandemonium Meeting is Friday or today at 7pm I plan to go there and see whats going on and to also make sure we have enough tables.

I also Was talking to Eric from Ichidan and he was talking about doing a Star Wars/Star Trek play or film. from what we were talking about this would be cool to do. we will talk more in detail maybe something like the vong team up with the borg as a side story.

this would be cool. Just keeping a open mind.

wow i can not believe it either[face_pumpkin]

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/newboiseorder/dans/X-WingCthulhu2.jpg]

Dans Pics Have been updated with his Fandemonium Mascots!!!! :D

thanks dan for making them I also used it for the official Link on the News Page.

If anyone would like to Host a Star Wars Minis game please E-mail me
    The Time you want to host a game or games.
    Rules for your Games.
    How Many Point Squads.

So i can e-mail them to the Table top Director. He said we can host any games we want. and also he has some prizes avaible from W.O.T.C

I would like to host a game as well but before i can do that I need to know what everyone elses Schedule Is Like I would like to have a Fandemonium Meeting If possible.

Or get the Schedule Down For our Booth, If everyone is wanting to go to the Dances or to the Ichidan play. We will prob Close Our booth down for these events, But if no one is planning to go to these events we can keep our booth going.

so please look at the schedule on http://www.fandemonium.org/schedule.html

and let me know what times you are avaible and what times you are not.

So i can make our schedule for New Boise Order table,

Please keep in mind while at our table you should have alot to keep you entertained, Every hour you can Grab 3 people and play some star wars trivia, There will be a xbox avaible for with alot of games to have fun.

Also We will be planning to have a video game tournament, and also if you like minis you can play or teach people to play.

plus my xbox works as a dvd i can always bring some movies to keep you entertained or you can bring a movie you would like to play. while working the booth,

This way everyone gets to enjoy the con and help out as well.

thanks for your support i look forward from hearing from you all.

15. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/newboiseorder/dans/X-WingCthulhu2.jpg]

Well we are one week out. Was at the Fandemonium meeting again. We can set up on Friday Morning at 7am That is when Ichidan Will be there That is when I will be there, and I hope Dan will be there at that same time.

I am running minis on Friday like 12-3 or something like that I need to Know who can Run Out Table while i am Doing That.

Josh??
    Katy???
    I hope I know Dan is running His Table.

I might have to ask Amma if she can watch our table during this time.

we will see, I am going to try and get ahold of Cody also and see if he will show up as well.

Eric Tomorrow Bring the Sign And also the copy of the Bylaws to put on the table.

We need to print up some Applications for the Table.
    I made a special Photo Album that i am Bringing for Guest to look at with Event Pictures and Stuff In it.

Lets make this con Worth Having in Idaho.

And who know we may have a sci-fi con earlier than people think here in Idaho.

working on something for that also we will talk more about this at the meeting and i am sure at fandemonium.

16. Darth_Savatch

Darth_Savatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Hey, are any of you guys showing up on Saturday? It's the only day I have free to show up. I'll be there as Captain Jack Sparrow as early as I can be. Maybe I'll see some of you there to share some rum with (not really)

Have a fandumonious day!

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I will be there all 3 days just look for the NBO table

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Details, details!!! How did it go? Were there lots of people? Any new members? Do tell! Pictures please!

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I just got home from Fandemonium first time home in over 3 days i will post some details soon.Pics videos and others.

Fandemonium Was Great and I will be there again Next Year.

Cosplay from Ichidan was a big hit. (Was cool to be asked to sign autographs from the play.) Yes i have a membership form filled out and a member who lives near melba said should have a car hopefully by 3 months and can not wait to hang out with us.

Fandemonium 07 is already been said will be at Nampa Center again Fandemonium met the goals set.

Boreneo Needs to have a Special Thanks From us.

On Saturday he had a fever and was working his arse off for the Fans.

What a real trooper. Next Year I think NBO should do something FOr Boreneo.

I was watching CH 11 about the Fandemonium and Was saying such great things about our club and dans diorama.

Also CH2 news came and he talked more about us. We do owe Boreneo a huge thank you and to let him know how improtant he is to us as well.

I will post more stuff later now i am really tired and have to work for the first time again Tomorrow.

See you all again soon I do have weekends off

I do know me and Eric are planning to see the new wil farel movie next saturday hope to see some other people wanting to see it as well.

20. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Even though I was only there for a few hours, it was a good time. Saw some really freaky stuff (i.e. the guy on leash...what was that?). Anyway Ron, I think we should do something nice for Borneo as well.

21. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Guy on a leash... yeah, that sounds like fandemonium.

Thanks for all your dedication Ron, I truly appreciate it, as I"m sure do all of the other members.

Who all from our club attended?

Dan, did your diorama get lots of attention?

We are definately doing something for Borneo, but lets keep that on the down low since I know he checks these boards.

Can't wait to see the pics/videos.

22. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Everyone attended. Josh Katy Dan and Ron for all three days, I believe jeff was there on Sat. and I attended for a few hours on Sunday.

I also wanted to thank Ron for the long hours he put into the con.

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    And also to thank dan and Josh and Katy they were all there long hours. Thanks Guys for Making Fandemonium a great one!!!!

24. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    here is a link to the pics it is on the website now in the gallery

http://newboiseorder.tripod.com/fanforceeventfandoum06.html

25. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    here are the videos so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tXAfdeUTAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSePb4A9z9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLWOaAtdAtI