Idaho Fandemonium

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MutantMix Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ron can I get the videos on a cd for my movie. Thanks. I have a lot of footage from cody's camera too.
  2. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    how about i just e-mail them to you and then you can put them on a cd or store them for your use. and get them from any place needed by e-mail. only 3 seperate e-mails plus you get them now and not have to wait for me.

3. Darth_Savatch Jedi Knight

star 1
    www.consplayers.com has (finally) posted the pics from fandemonium 06. Check em out! You can see the "p" burn in my arm in one of mine, but my tattoo is sadly absent. All the other costumes rocked too (There's even a half-decent Han and Leia).
  4. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    BUMP. Here is our thread.
  5. jasterpreel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im going to the fandemonium meeting this friday does anyone want any issues discussed other than the cookout idea.
  6. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I had a couple of things that i already talked to Borneo about. but at the moment nothing from me.
  7. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Ask him if he's thinking of doing a parade?

EDIT: Oh yeah! As sick as this sounds, ask him about doing a SW holiday special day and if people survive it we can sell those t-shirts there. Would be a fun event I think.
  8. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    here is a e-mail from Mark Fordham LCO of the 501st to me

9. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I know this is Early but I was wondering who was planning on going to Fandemonium in 2007.

I'm planning on Booking a Suite there is 3 beds and it is 90.00 a Night.

I figured if at least 6 of us were going to be in the room. It would only be like 35 each with tax. If more were going could be cheaper and maybe make a club rate like 20each club covers the rest. We could go to the con, then back to the hotel about a mile away. hit the pool and hot tubs watch a movie go to bed wake up hit the con again on saturday. Then spend one more night at the hotel. Sunday go to the con then drive home.
    This can save Gas from Driving from Boise to Nampa 3 Days and getting up early to boot we can hook up games and dvd player and watch a club movie once a night for two nights and even get some gaming on leave the con early also like 9-10 so we can hit the pool.

I stayed last year and it made it so much easier than driving even back to Meridian all 3 days.

Well I'll bring this up more at the meeting.
  10. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm for the idea. I think if we're all there for the full Con, it will also help it to be bigger and better. It sounds like some 501st might be more involved this year as well, which would be great. Having our club have a bigger and better presence each year will help us and Fandemonium.
    I hope Borneo comes to our meeting.
  11. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    well i booked the room for the club if we decide to go it already set.

I got one suite for Friday and Saturday check out is on Sunday.

there are four beds in the room all doubles.

and the best part is the room is only 172.78 with the tax, Wich is cheaper than the Fandemonium web site says the room is supose to be, by 10.00 a night i asked if she was sure and she said yes. So that is some good news for us. We can round up the cost to 173.00, so if 6 of us go the room cost is less than 29.00 each We might be able to do a NBO specail.
    for like 25.00 each. Amma said she will be in the Ichidan Room. I would like to have 8 of us. That is still possible with the con in august. That way we can do like a 20.00 special for fandemonium and the club pays the rest maybe.

but i am a little more excited about this now.

12. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Well I worked on a couple badges for fandemonium since we was told to make it our own.
    What do you think of the droid hunt badges so far.
    just playing with some stuff.
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/newboiseorder/droidhuntbadge2.jpg]
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/newboiseorder/droidhuntbadge1.jpg]
  13. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
  14. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    194.38 for Friday and Saturday Night Check out is Sunday
    25.00 3 day pass and cost of room is all included if you already got your pass deduct the 25.00 price off the room

25.00 from Club Funds has been aproved to help cover the cost of the room.

52.35 Shared Queen Bed and 3 day pass Marcus

52.35 Shared Queen Bed and 3 day pass__________

52.35 Shared Queen Bed and 3 day pass___________

52.35 Shared Queen Bed and 3 day pass __________

55.00 Twin Bed and 3 day pass Kasey
    55.00 Twin Bed and 3 day pass Ron

Still have 3 slots for the Suite left post if you want to reserve one of the 3 slots remaining, remember if you already have your pass deduct the 25.00 cost of the pass from the total.

Rooms funds will be collected at the July meeting.

Hotel Details]
    * 61 Rooms / 3 Floors
    * Built in 1997
    * Laundry Room
    * Fax (For Guests)
    * Common Area Wireless Access
    * Laundry/ Dry Cleaning Service
    * Common/Public Areas Accessible to Wheelchairs
    * Complementary Coffee
    * Smoke Alarm in Rooms
    * Photocopy Service
    * Parking Area Well Lit
    * Sprinkler in Rooms
    * Electronic Key
    * Restaurant in Hotel
    * Pool (Outdoor)

[Room Amenities]
    * Air Conditioning (In Room)
    * Refrigerator
    * Iron
    * Telephone
    * Television (Cable/Satellite)
    * Microwave Oven
    * Non-Smoking Rooms
    * Television
    * Daily Maid Service
    * In Room Broadband Internet Access
    * Coffee Maker
    * Kitchen/Kitchenette
  15. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I think having the room is going to make this years fandemonium even more exciting. Any word about the whole food issue?
  16. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    to get a upgraded table from 4 x 30 to 8 x 30 is 10.00 this year.

can get two 8 x 30 tables for 30.00 tables cost borneo 15.00 each.

between us and Dan we should be able to get 3 tables for 45.00 and since club would use half the one table and Dan would need Half of the one table Maybe we should split the Cost between us. we should also talk to borneo how we can do this and how much it will be.

tables in general are being handled different in the artist alley.
  17. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool. Just a heads up that Katy e-mailed the club address and has confirmed she is in the room. There was no word on Josh.
    So are we canning the food vendor thing due to legality?
  18. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    2 slots remain for the Suite
  19. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I was still curious about the status of the food thing, so I checked what was said last on the Fandemonium boards and here was the most recent reply:

I'd like to pipe up and suggest that there are folks who are already set up to legally provide food to events in this manner. During the summer months, on each Thursday evening, there is an event that takes place in downtown Nampa called "Downtown Nampa Nights." There is a guy who operates a grill, serving up hamburgers and hotdogs and sodas for the crowd. He also runs the sandwich and soda concession at the antique store on First Ave. in downtown Nampa called "Olde Towne Mall." You might approach him about bringing his grill over to the Nampa Civic Center, and even if he doesn't want to do it himself (he can be a somewhat cantankerous sort,) maybe he'd send his son over to do the job. Furthermore, if the Olde Towne Mall guy isn't interested, you might approach any one of the several vendors who set up at the Saturday morning farmer's market in downtown Nampa. All of these folks have portable food concessions and might be interested in making a few extra bucks in the afternoon.

Good luck!

I think that this is a great idea. We should approach one of these people. Even if we can't profit as a club, this would help the Con experience greatly because the food issue is always one that has existed for this Con, even before Nampa Civic Center. Thoughts?
  20. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a observation, but unless you get another female you will probably have to change your sleeping arragements.
  21. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
  22. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
  23. Kasey_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    This rocks man. I think this will be the most exciting and fun filled Fandemonium since it started 4 years ago. Hopefully we can get things cooking with more SW costumes. Josh, we need to get things rolling with the fanfilm contest. If you're game, we should try and get it story boarded and written up this coming weekend.
  24. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    So Ron if I wanted to get one room for just Saturday night, what would it cost for one person?
  25. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    if you go to the http://www.Fandemonium.org website and click on hotel call the toll free number be sure to mention you are there for the fandemonium convention you can get a single or even a double for only 49.99 a night before the tax.

wich is a little cheaper than the regular rate there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.