main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Fandemonium

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Audtoo, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Okay, just one big happy topic for fan creations and the like, for now.

My latest costume updates are at:
    Hoth Leia jumpsuit
    Hoth Leia props
    Mr. Scott

Roddenberry.com accidentally sent me only half a set of rank braid, so Scott is temporarily being demoted to a Lieutenant until the rest comes in!

For those not inclined to follow links, here's a pic:
    [image=http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3380/952/1600/HPIM3289.jpg]

2. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Everyone note Slinky Dog from Toy Story and Toy Story 2 is featured in the background in the first picture.

Brandon

3. DarthCaves

DarthCaves Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    I need help. I know it is too late for this Halloween, but I would like to have a kick but, authentic Obi-Wan costume for MegaCon. I know absolutely knowthing about sewing but I have a couple of people that can help me. Where would I find a good pattern for the entire Obi-Wan costume? I would like to get everything from boots, pants, tunic and robe. Any info on this would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Walt

4. Padawan_Tai-lin

Padawan_Tai-lin Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Audrey, your costumes look great! I can't wait to see your Hoth Leia in person! You've done such a wonderful job! :)

5. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Aw, Brandon, thanks for noticing, LOL! Buzz Lightyear (who has a motion sensor and yells "Halt, intruder, I'll blast you with my laser!" among other phrases) was Scott's gift to me a few birthdays ago. I gave him Slink, because he was so tickled about that character in both movies.

6. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Hey Walt,
    Simplicity recently came out with an entire Star Wars line of patterns.

I picked them all up on sale figuring if I didn't make them for myself, I might be using them for others! Are you planning to make it yourself? If you have the time to wait for a pattern sale, it's worth it. As for the authenticity, you'd have to make a few changes but nothing major. There is a some vague discussion here:

and here:

I modified two different women's blouse patterns and a hooded cloak for my own costume, and I think it's very much in the style of Obi-Wan:

More Obi-Wan info here: and also be sure to check the Padawan's Guide at

Probably more than you were looking for... :) Audrey

Edit: something weird going on with the links here... grrr... will have to figure it out tomorrow, i'm done for the night!

7. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Let me see if this forum will let me post a pic of my finished (mostly) Hoth Leia:

[image=http://static.flickr.com/28/57099451_9ed4542be0.jpg]

Boots will be my Christmas break project... :)

8. DarthCaves

DarthCaves Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanks for the info Audrey. I was planning to make it myself and with some help from my mom. She is really into sewing and I know absolutely nothing about it. I was looking at megacon's website and they are doing a costume contest. I was thinking of entering it. But I appreciate the link. Thanks again.

Walt

9. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
  10. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    So Scott's in LA (well, near LA; that's where he flew into) on business this week, and Anthony reminded me that's where the Dressing a Galaxy exhibit is. And I realize that Scott's going back the week after Thanksgiving, and this could be a good time to burn up my frequent flyer ticket and go with him. Plus Obi-Shawn just announced another exhibit "Fan Day" that *might* coincide with Scott's business trip. So whereas before I was happy with the book, now I'm agonizing over whether to go to the exhibit! THANKS A LOT, ANTHONY!!!!

Scott's take? "Are you sure you want to burn a frequent flyer ticket just to get into a $5 exhibit?" LOL! (And actually, it's "free", the $5 is a handling fee!)

11. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Hey, atleast you now have a chance to go see the exhibit, where as you would have possibly missed the oppourtunity and had to cry yourself to sleep for many moons! I hope you can go! That would be a trip long remembered! BTW your costume is awsome, even though I already talked to you about it online, I just think you did an awsome job, going all out getting all the stitching correct and everything! I'm curious, how muhc did it cost you in the end?

12. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Hm, good question. I always say I'm going to keep a record of cost and time involved, but I convince myself that I'll be able to remember it in my head and of course I don't. I do keep receipts, at least! Let's see... 5 yards of stretch cotton gabardine $29.90; 3 yards silk pongee $29.94; 2 packages of quilt batting $6.98 (50% off sale); patterns around $20; notions (zippers, cording, thread, etc) around $14... so that's around $100. I'm sure I've forgotten something. I'm not including tools that I either already owned or purchased for this project but will use for future projects as well (like presser feet, marking pens, muslin, etc). Oh, I'm also not including the cost of swatches from various online fabric stores (probably around $20), since I ordered samples for several projects at once.

Oh, yes, props: $20 for the two pieces, plus about $10 worth of model paint, brushes, etc.

I should make myself a copy of this, and map out my time while I'm at it!

13. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks to Audrey for all the help with pics and effects (Yea!! :)), I'm now an official member of the Rebel Legion!!

http://www.rebellegion.com/cos.asp?COSID=1427

14. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Aud- I just took a look at the LA FanForce's site- you might be interested in their thread regarding the FIDM exhibit as a resource:
    http://boards.theforce.net/los_angeles_ca/b10134/20992264/p5/?167

If you do end up going, think you might be able to pick me up some postcards? I think they are 5, and each runs under a dollar. Here's the gift shop link:
    https://thefidmmuseumstore.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=12851&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=12352&top_category=12352

Here's a little article from the Official Site regarding the stuff they sell.
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20051018.html

In any case, I hope you get to see the show before it pulls out. Catch you soon. -Campbell

15. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Jessie, woo-hoo!!! You worked hard on that costume and it looks fantastic (plus you look like Barris Offee, too), congratulations!

16. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Campbell, thanks for the links. I didn't see the postcards on the museum website, but there is a good chance I may be able to pick these up for you in person... <scream!> Everthing seems to be falling into place for a trip to LA: my frequent flyer ticket; suddenly remembering I have hundreds of thousands of goldpoints saved up for a rainy day (in this case, redeeming half of them for four free nights at the Radisson 3 miles from the exhibit); and a possible free rental car, courtesy of a friend I might meet up with in Phoenix. It's a lot of mights and maybes, but I am holding reservations and it looks good! :)

17. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    Audrey - I hope you can go! I think you should just do it, don't even think about it. And take lots and lots of pics :)

18. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Definitely take lots of pictures. Hope it works out for you- good luck.

Any of you Fandomaniacs want to move this conversation to the ezboard (naysayers welcome)?
    http://p105.ezboard.com/forlandosystemfrm14

19. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    sure, why not, after you renamed the topic and everything... :)

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    What did I rename?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.