main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Fandom and Fun: the JC and You

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan all. (Sorry about the title of the thread: sounds like a high-school "health" Class, doesn't it? :) )

This thread is intended to give us a place to discuss our favourite places to visit on the Jedi Council forums. The JC is a *huge* place, and can be a heck of a lot of fun, if you can find your way around. Whatever aspect of Star Wars interests you, there's people out there that share those interests, and there's probably a thread, if not a whole forum dedicated to what you are interested in.

If you want an overview, this Map is a great place to start. I'm going to explore a couple of the forums and report back on what I find, and I'd love to be joined by other intrepid souls wishing to expand the base of their fandom. Have a look around, and don't be afraid to read along and post your opinions in the various topics.

Good luck and good hunting! :)

*Derisa*

2. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I like the threads in the Expanded Universe: RPG section. Lots of good ideas for me and explanations of rules and house rules. Cool links to RPG resourses too. I also have been having toy hunting conversations with people in Singapore and Guam too. No luck in Guam yet, it seems every local has...left.

Gesh

3. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Here. :D

I spend a little time on FF Oceania and Asia too, every so often... :p ;)

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Thanks, Shara. You're a terrible flirt: I bet you say that to all the chapters! ;)

Gesh: cool that you're hanging out in other locales: I knew you'd meet folks of like mind.

What do you mean when you say resources? You've found articles or books or ideas, what? Share, dude! :) (Links are good...) :D

I'm a Fan Fiction writer from the bad old days of mid 2000, so that's still a place I spend some of my time. I read several authors' works, following them from story to story, and then post (trying for)weekly to one of my five stories in progress. I'm just trying to polish off one of them before I move on to the next. All but one of them are fully planned out. Keeps me busy. :)

*Derisa*

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Nah, only you guys. [face_love]

What can I say? I have a thing for FF chapters who stole the name of the place they live from us. [face_mischief]

6. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I can mostly be found in the EUC, although I frequent the Welcome New Users, Author/Artists, Lit, YJJC and Vancouver boards.

7. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I lurk around all of western Canada, Toronto, and also the Collecting and Fanfilms boards.

Sometimes I find myself around the Europe boards just looking around, but i don't post anything there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.