main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fandom and theory, please help :)

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by sophmedia, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sophmedia

sophmedia Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2010
    I am currently in my second year at university studying media and visual cultures. One of my assignements is subculture and fandom, in which I will be writing a 5000 word essay on Star Wars fans. The purpose for joining this fan club is to try and understand fan behaviour including issues regarding identities, empowerment, relationships, personal accounts of fans own developments and any possible ideologies within the fandom. Therefore, I would be very greatful if any fans of could help me in doing so, in terms of answering questionnares or generally sharing their personal experiences of why they are fans.
    I am trying to figure out this site and the easiest way to communicate with fans who are willing to help me?! for example private messages. Any help would be very helpful.

2. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I did a similar project for my MA thesis four years ago. Feel free to send me a private message since I'm happy to answer any questions about SW and fandom :).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sophmedia - you need 20 posts to PM on these forums. If you want to contact emilsson, we have a thread for getting 20 posts here in our Welcome forum.

4. sophmedia

sophmedia Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2010
    Thankyou very much! I think it would be easier to communicate via email as I dont really know what how to use this site yet :)
    My email is s.cullinane@outlook.uwic.ac.uk

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    e-mail away!

6. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I've sent you an email as well :).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.