main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Fandom fest in Louisville Aug 1st

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Lupine, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    David Prowse will be there!!! Trying to figure out how to convince the Frau that my life depends on meeting this guy!!!

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Don't forget Ray Park and Sam Witwer. I have to work the weekend but I'm off on Fri Aug 1. I'll probably try and go pick up a couple of autographs after I see Guardians of the Galaxy.
    If you can't make it to Fandomfest or if they screw something up for you like they do every year Dave Prowse is scheduled to be at the Cincinnati Comic Expo 9/19-9/21 along with Peter Mayhew. Unlike Fandomfest this is an actual con (not just an autograph show) and very well run. I've been the last several years and already have my tickets and hotel for this year.
    http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/

3. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I know, I know and I'm so excited about it!!

4. stvivona

stvivona Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2003
    Is there anyone going to Fandom Fest who might be able to help me get Anthony Mackie's autograph? Would be so grateful. You can e-mail me at vivonas@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Steve

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    From the Cinci Expo Facebook....

[​IMG]
    Cincinnati Comic Expo shared Dave Prowse's status.

11 hours ago ยท Edited
    We wish Dave Prowse a full and speedy recovery. Our team will remain in contact with Dave and his representatives to bring him to Cincinnati in the future.
    Cancellation of U.S. Appearances.

Due to my mobility involving knee and leg problems I need wheelchair assistance wherever I travel. Therefore, with regret, I have to cancel all foreign travel for the foreseeable future. My sincere apologies to organizers and fans. I can be contacted through my Webmaster at my official website - www.darthvader-starwars.com

I shall miss meeting up with friends and fans around the world, but hopefully it will be temporary. Watch this space!!!

-----So No Prowse at Fandomfest or Cinci this year.

6. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    Damn. Was thinking of getting his autograph on my Xwing minis Darth Vader card... How cool would that be?

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well I swung by Fandomfest today and picked up a couple of autographs. It wasn't too crowded but none of the Trek people are there until tomorrow (Saturday). Sorry Stvivona, Anthony Mackie wasn't there today either. I did get autographs from Sam Witwer and Sam Huntington and they were super nice and friendly. I wore my Rebel Force Radio Tshirt and they both commented on it. Dork Side Toys was there too and they noticed my shirt as well since they help sponser the show. A nice suprise- I was walking past the voice actors area and saw someone with "Star Wars Rebels" on their banner. I stopped and the actor Steve Blum will be voicing "Zeb" on Rebels. He had some Zeb glossies so I got one of them signed. I work this weekend so this was my only trip out. Now I'm just going to sit back and see if things explode tomorrow.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well either Fandomfest is doing a good job at deleting negative comments off their Facebook or this year was an improvement. Anyone hear anything either way? I noticed they had a whole lot less horror stuff this year and concentrated more on general fandoms.

9. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    still refuse to go. not managed well, and to me, its not a convention, it's just an autograph mill.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, I hate giving them my money but they keep bringing in people I want to see.