main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto FanExpo (SFX) Aug 22-24, 2008...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    On a sorta side note re costuming at Fan Expo I use to do alot but not anymore. A few years ago I opted to do a homage to Styx and there song Mr. Robotte. Before I walked on there were cheers and screams when they music started but once I stepped onto "stage" in a non friendly/kind manner the cheers turned to boos/hisses and shouts of get of the stage by the bulk of the audience.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't remember that skit, when was that?

As far as Buzz coming out first or second it all goes back to the Gemini program where the mission pilot would do the walks and the commander would take the notes and film.

When they got to the landings, the LM (Lunar Module) had been designed in a way that the door would flap open from right to left, leaving the pilot stuck into getting out second.

It really just came out to the way the door opened.

Now that this is cleared up, back on topic.

so breakfast on Sunday morning to celebrate the birthday of Amber:
    Attending:

Styrofoam_guy
    grey_starr
    Uilmuteiz
    Sabrina001

Edit by CrazyMike: Sorry but Jeannette (Amber) and I will not be able to make breakfast. We will be around
    all day on the Saturday so perhaps we can meet up for lunch or dinner...

3. PrincessSushi

PrincessSushi Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2008
    I am very interested in attending FanExpo in August

4. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Noooo How dare you.

Okay so we have to make something for lunch on Saturday.

OR you all come down to Toronto on thursday evening and throw me a wonderful B-day party too.

That's right I'll be in town then.

I won't have much cash for the show so don't count on a uber celebration but we could go out for supper at like... McDonald's or something.

Seriously, what can we make for lunch that's interesting. Don't we have a kelsey's not too far from the convention center?

I'll try to spot it on Thursday.

5. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    I think Brian is baking you a cake for Friday night :D I hope I didn't ruin the surprise. I think the surprise will be seeing brian in frilly apron.

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Your birthday is on Thursday Seb :) I am not sure what is going on with us on Saturday Seb as I have to take my dad to hospital on Friday but I will give you a call later on in the week.

7. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    This is coming up fast... nothing definate eh?

8. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    right now it seems we would be aiming for lunch and I'm guessing (kelsey's I think on the corner street across from the intercontinental) would be a good place to go.

Then again I'm not from Toronto so I'm open to suggestions
    Criterias are as follow:
    1- a place to sit
    2- a place that could potentially receive 12 to 20 folks at noon.
    3- a place that won't cost 50$ a head. I'm thinking 20 to 30$ max.

9. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    IIRC there is the Loose Moose, Jack Asstors, Casey's and East Side Mario's all a block or two down the street from the convention Center on Front Street. Most are reasonably priced and near enough. As for the number of people that entire section of town tends to be rather busy through the summer regardless of what is going on so with a convention it may be even worse, so in that regard they may not be your best bet.

10. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Sorry I have been MIA on this but I am not able to make it Saturday. Which day did you guys want to get together for lunch?

11. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I will be there on friday afternoonish to evening. saturday all day but nothing on sunday, sorry Seb, gota work thursday night

12. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Friday and Saturday nights are out.. I already have commitments. I'm open to lunch ideas, since Alex can't be there for Saturday, what about Sunday?

13. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    I give up.. some can make it some days and others can't make it other days. You guys decide. Sorry Darth2-D2.

14. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Sunday Breakfast is good for me. Meet in the hotel lobby? (Sorry I can not remmeber the name of the hotel attached to the convention center)

Time? 10am?

15. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    hey no worries Sirene, I have to work sunday night so coming down from richmond hill is out of the question unless come saturday night I have a place to stay at a hotel or other nearby, but I cannot pay anything thats the problem, I maybe able to spring for breakfest then head off to get some sleep before I need to get up for 9pm but im sure we will see each other some other time.

16. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Sounds like a plan to me.

Sabrina

17. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Sounds like Seb will be there (Talked with him today) I think Leisa and Dan will also be there (I will have to confirm)

18. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Plans for Saturday

Meet with Crazy Mike and Seb for lunch at east side Mario's. (I'm thinking around noon)
    Seb's cell number: 514-581-JEDI (you figure it out)

Plans for Sunday

Meet with Styrofoam and Seb in the lobby of the Intercontinental hotel from where we will pick a location to go for brunch.

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    #%%^&!!!

There was some confusion and I am sorry that we missed out with meeting up for lunch.

20. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Brunch was great, nice to meet some faces from the forums :)

21. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Even though I missed Saturday it was a fun weekend. Yes brunch was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.