main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFest press release

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    This probably needs more work so let me know if you have any suggestions. Sorry it is kind of late. I have also written an article which will run in the Standard Journal.

?Star Wars? group holds
    charity film festival

The Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance is presenting its second film festival, this time to help collect food for The Haven in Idaho Falls.
    FanFest 2003 is set for Sept. 27 at the Idaho Falls Public Library and admission is a can of food. Close to 90 minutes of fan made short films inspired by the ?Star Wars? films will be shown including ?Essence of the Force? , which was a recipient of the EMMA award for best special effects and a Mercury short film award, ?Desert Duel,? a comedic film from Australia, and ?Reepo: the Rodian Repo Man? which was produced by members of the IFSWA.
    Showtimes will be throughout the day at 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. And 7:30 p.m.
    The festival also features workshops between screenings on different aspects of ?Star Wars? fandom, including filmmaking, prop building and costuming. Also, Member of several regional fan clubs will be present with screen accurate ?Star Wars? costumes.
    Seating is limited so it is recommended to come early.
    The Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance was formed three years ago as a way for fans to get together and share their love of ?Star Wars.? The club is a chapter of FanForce a worldwide network of ?Star Wars? fan clubs. The IFSWA has been involved with other charity efforts including a Christmas toy drive each year.
    The club has members from Sugar City to Pocatello. It is not affiliated with LucasFilm, Ltd.
    For more information on the films showing and the festival, visit fanfest.fateback.com. For information on the Idaho Falls Star Wars Alliance visit ifstarwars.com

2. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Sounds good to me! Are you guys going to get anything posted to the FanForce Site itself?

The New Boise Order is looking forward to coming and finally meeting (most of you for the first time) face to face! Can't wait!

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll post this on the fanforce site right now, and I'll pass it along to the TFN staff, and perhaps they will feature it on their site as well - no promises though.

4. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.