main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    What do you do for work?

Eh... it's certainly pushing it, but I guess similar enough as they could both be answered with one answer.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Have you met anyone from the JC? :cool:

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    After 12(!) years in fanfic, that is so hard to choose! I suppose the ones that have stuck with me the most are "The Reason Why" by Tricker_Jaina_Fel and "Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten" and "Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order" by padawan_lunetta. They are certainly the ones I've reread most often, and I wish desperately that I'd thought to save copies before the board cut-off! (Though I have found other copies of two of the three an am happy to privately provide links upon request.) The former is an AU about Jaina (shocker) and an OC that I think is beautifully written, and the latter two are about a Jedi of the Old Order who was frozen in carbonite and then found 40 ears later by Corran Horn.

I love the park, of course! No other place in particular, really. I do have fond memories of a rooftop garden party from the last time I was there, but it was a private residence.

Probably the Holocaust/WWII. So many innocent people were slaughtered, and the devastation is still felt today. Of course, there have been other holocausts and massacres before and since; that one happens to affect me more personally.

I love chips, especially Tostidos (particularly those bite-sized ones). I tend to choose salty over sweet most days, and I can easily eat half or more of a large bag in a sitting.

Yes. I'm happy with the person I developed into, and I wouldn't be the same without all those experiences, but there are things (some minor, some deadly serious) I would do over (and do better) if I could.

Peace! :p I used to absolutely need music, though I don't anymore. And as much as I adore my sweet kitty, I used to write in bed, but now if I'm in bed, she's trying to be on my lap, which makes writing difficult :p So I usually sit at the table or my desk, which makes it easier for her to lay on my lap (as she's doing right now!) and type.

I need indoor plumbing! Unforutnately, I learned that the hard way on a trip when it wasn't always available :p

Tours versus exploring on my own just depends on the place and the situation! Sometimes I love roaming by myself; other places, I feel more secure (and feel like I learn more) on a tour.

I'm an editor! Which I quite enjoy.

I have not! I wish so.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Would you move to NYC if you had the opportunity and/or could afford it?

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Another editor! Woot! :D I'd love to hear whatever you're comfortable sharing about your editing job—are you freelance, or are you at a publishing house of some kind, or a little of both? Do you specialize in any particular topics, disciplines, kinds of texts, etc.?

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Probably not. I love where I am. My family and a lot of my friends are here; when I was job-hunting last year, I purposely looked in my area rather than drawing on connections in the city.

Always good to meet another one! You know my struggles :p No, I work for a private company. A publishing house would be my dream job, though!

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    If you could spend a day chatting with one historical figure, who would it be and why?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    If you were stranded on a jungle planet in the GFFA (or equivalent), what are the three items you'd like to have with you?

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite TV show growing up?

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    As someone who's both an editor and a writer, I'm guessing you're accumulated over time a mental list of editing and writing pet peeves. What are some of them? What common grammatical and stylistic gaffes get your goat the most?

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So hard to pick! But I think Catherine the Great. She held power and did things in her own way in a time when few women (and even fewer female rulers) did.

A ship to et me off! I'd probably die horribly; I'm not good with standed/roughing it conditions :p And a person for company. And food because I love to eat.

I loved FRIENDS when I was in middle school and probably too young to be watching it :p (And I love it as an adult now!) And when I was in high school, Gilmore Girls for sure (another show I still love). Also in high school, How I Met Your Mother, though the ending seriously pissed me off.

Oh yes! Too many to count. I hate when people mix up "your" and "you're." And I also hate when people add an apostraphe and "s" to make a plural. "The representative's met" or "The Smith's had dinner." No apostraphe! Just an "s"!

I believe you already asked that one. I still don't know.

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Being a foodie, LOL I have to ask: Favorite stuff to slather on a burger? ;)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Tell us a bit about your favourite characters in SW: favourite protagonist, villain, minor Imperial, minor Rebel, scoundrel, etc?

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Of all the ff you've written, what are you the proudest of, and if unfinished, which fic(s) would you most want to complete someday? ;) (Bri has a Word Race Challenge running in December that would work just great for something like that.) :cool:

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    What is your favourite place you have travelled to? Or, where would you go if you could go anywhere? :D

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Also on the topic of food: favorite bagel variety, favorite source for bagels, and favorite topping(s) for bagels?

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Cheese! :p don't get me wrong; ketchup, tomatoes, aolie sauce, bacon, etc. are great, but you can't have a urger without cheese.

Favorite character is, without a doubt, Jaina Solo. Which is why I"m so bummed that the movies are completely replacing the EU; I love her (and Jag Fel).

I think the story I'm most proud of is one called Family Ties that I started (and finished) many, many years ago. We're talking 2004-2005 :p I'm proud of it not because it was good (I actually reread it recently; it wasn't good :p ) but because it was long and intense and had a lot of characters, and I stuck with it. It was the third in a trilogy (the first was my first story here), and it was epically long and so much fun to write. And it was so easy because I was having so much fun, and a lot f the readers became friends (with me and each other), and it was just a blast.

Also noteworthy because it was one of the last epics I made it all the way through. I became a mod the year after I finished that, and after, I devoted more time to modding than writing.

Which leads to your next question ...

There was a Star Wars story I started, an AU about Valin Halcyon that was the third in a trilogy (the second had been very short, more of a bridge between stories). I only got a few posts in before DRL got in the way, and I never managed to find my way back. I don't know that I ever will. The NSWFF answer is a story I started about Kirk's daughter that was supposed to be the first in a series (or at least a collection; I hadn't gotten very far in setting up plots). I do intend to return to that someday.

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    You said earlier that you particularly like the Harry Potter fandom. Which characters and/or points of view do you enjoy seeing developed? I'm lumping together characters and POVs because Rowling's books are written from Harry's POV (with the exception of a few chapters), so to me the most interesting fics are those written from the perspective of another character, but I'd be interested to know if you agree on that point as well.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I, too, like the ones written from another POV, as we see Harry's throughout the series. I also particularly like stories about the Marauders and the Weasley twins, as I'm big on humor.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    What are your thoughts on crossover fics? Do you like to keep your universes separate, or are there any in particular that you like to see mixed up?

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Of the OT, do you have a favorite movie, and which one? Favorite EU/Legends novel(s)?

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you Nat, for answering questions! Please feel free to answer any remaining questions. :)

This weeks victim is... Kahara

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Who is your favorite SW character and why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.