main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Chyntucky morning question: what does a Mandalorian breakfast look like? =P~

Findswoman and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    Is there anything that you particularly like about Star Wars Rebels thus far? (Evidently not Sabine, amirite?)

3. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    I don't think it will spoil anything if I name the bands.

For the more intense action scenes I usually have a song from Korn, Metallica, Slipknot or similar bands, really masculine and adrenaline fueled songs.

For the emotional stuff I rely on three songs in particular: Fade to Black and Nothing Else Matters by Metallica and Snuff by Slipknot. My recent OCR Challenge was written strictly with song Snuff, the results were pretty good if I do say so my self :p

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    How would you rate your knowledge of Mando'a? About how big is your Mando'a vocabulary, and can you do things like order in restaurants, get what you need at the post office, etc.? :D (I know almost none, by the way, so this question is in no wise meant to be a brag.)

5. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    I'd imagine it would be a very traditional and hearty breakfast. Eggs, sausage, pancakes and coffee. The usual items just Mandosized.

I haven't watched it yet, it took me quite a while to get to TCW as well. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually.

My Mando'a isn't too bad but I can't order at restaurants. My vocabulary is as big as the Mando'a spreadsheet on my desktop allows it to be :D

Chyntuck likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

7. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    If you were stranded on a jungle planet in the GFFA, what are the three items you'd want to have with you?

8. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Do you like to travel by air? Have you ever had the chance to actually fly an aircraft?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    TCW gave the new mandolorians a cubistic architecture stile. What architecture stile/s do you think Boba's mandos have?​

10. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    All of the above.

A decent blaster, bacta, and a set of Mando armor of course.

No I'm not a fan of heights.

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, imagine you have the opportunity to invite the Mandalorian bigwig of your choice to dinner. Who would it be, what would you serve, and what would you wear? And just to make things interesting, you may only those last two with (a) real-life Earth food and (b) clothes you actually own. :D ;)

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How do you image Boba's mandos everyday, not in armour, look to look like? Like the tCW look? the Marvel look? Something completly different?

13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Is the nomadic, multi-species character of the Mandalorians something you develop/want to develop in your fics? Why or why not?

Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  14. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Its not something I've really touched on in my fics yet, but it does factor into my overall storyline eventually. As far as multi-species go I've only used two Barabels and a Kiffar but I don't count the Kiffar because they are near-human.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm terrified of heights but I love to fly! If you haven't done it, you should give it a shot. (Travel by air that is, I don't know about flying.)

Do you drink coffee? If so, how do you take it?

16. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    I've thought of flying but I've never really had to yet.

Yes coffee is my life blood. I can take it with cream or just black...something that mystifies my brother.

mavjade likes this.
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hope I didn't scare you with my last question! If so, here's another one: what's your advice for writers' block sufferers?

Mando-Man likes this.
  18. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Nah your last question didn't scare me :p

My advice to writers block sufferers would have to be just talk it out. Whether its out loud by yourself or with a fellow writer I find it is the easiest way around writers block. But as with everything...results may vary.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you think of the mandos in Marvel?

20. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What do you think of the Mandos in the Legacy comics? Specifically that doof with the thong-shaped visor?

21. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    I haven't read any of the SW comics believe it or not. But I do prefer Marvel comics over DC comics. Superman has nothing on Thor and Batman can't touch the Punisher :D

22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Do you plan to give a go to the said comics, though?

23. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    I'm sure I'll get my hands on an omnibus at some point. I read comics as much as I do books.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Please choose:
    (a) an alien race in the GFFA; and then
    (b) a style of architecture from a/some real-life culture/s (or time period, or both) that you think would be well-suited to that alien race.
    Why not?

25. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    I'm not knowledgeable on architecture so I don't really know how to answer that one.

As for not reading the comics I just preferred the novels. I think the only SW comic book I've read was the Jango Fett series Open Seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.