main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Do you have a life aspect, trial, or event that influences your writing?

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    TCW gave the mandolorians in the modern age an cubistic art-stile, how do you think the art-stile/s look in the TOR era?

I can understand that, personally I find the blatant rip-off of the movies design and the creators seemingly lack of understanding what aesthetic and technological development means most irritating. I understand why they have done so but that dose not mean I will like it.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Does dialogue drive your writing? That is, the interactions between the characters convey the emotions in lieu of inner thought and then after you flush out those extra details?

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    In KOTOR, who was your favorite companion character? How about for the various TOR storylines?

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you like omelets? What's your fave?

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you and you reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back, SabyneAmberle. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, SabyneAmberle?

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Gamiel, ?! :p

On the topic of things Sabine-ish, are you at all familiar with Nick Bantock's Griffin and Sabine trilogy? They're basically epistolary novels told as very fancy artbooks: you can take each of the letters out of its envelope. And it's always the first thing that comes to mind for me when I see the name Sabine, which is why I'm asking here. :D

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you live smack-dab between ocean and mountains, or closer to one than the other?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Have you gotten soap in your eyes?

I only ask this because I got soap in my eye and it burns like crazy and it's the only thing I can think about because it still burns.

And obligatory gaming questions GO!

What kind of games do you play, if any? What types of games do you like to play? Have any favorites?

11. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Sorry, everyone! I had a busy day today. Let's get some answers up before bed, shall we?

Nothing terribly interesting. A lot of my writing is inspired by my own life, loves, and losses.

They're really nothing to write home about. I'm actually disappointed with Bioware for this one; unlike KotOR and KotOR 2, they didn't give Mandalorians in TOR a distinctive look. They have helmets that look Mandalorian, but if you want the 'real deal' look, you have to hunt down Cartel Market armors to create it. Nothing by default in the game. So I felt they're a bit same-y. Nothing new and fascinating, but nothing terrible.

Many times, yes. This is one thing about TOR that works well for my writings. The conversations (yes, even the romance ones) are pretty stripped-down to begin with, so they meld themselves well to changes in surroundings and circumstances. So I often start with the dialogue, then add other details to flesh out the story.

In spite of his whiny moments, Carth is still my favorite KotOR companion. There was just something about his loyalty that really appealed to me. I also liked Mical/Disciple in KotOR 2 (and not just for the dreamy British accent), since a man who is both a gentleman and a scholar really appeals to me. As far as TOR, I really like the female romance companions; Malavai Quinn, Torian Cadera, Vector Hyllus, and Corso Riggs are the four I like the most so far! Mako is my favorite of the female companions, since she's got the good side to her that always encourages the right thing.

Here and there I'll eat them. I tend to like ones with a nice blend of meat and veggies, especially turkey bacon and bell peppers.

The tortoise had it coming. It got in my way. :p

I've heard the title, but never read it. It sounds intriguing, though!

I live about an hour's drive from the closest beach. My boyfriend lives about three miles from the closest beach to him. I'm more inland toward the foothills.

Let's give Padme a better reason to die than just losing her will to live. C'mon, George Lucas! That's no way to treat a Senator! :p

Oh, yes. Too many times. And I will agree, it burns like nothing else.

My favorite games are video games, obviously. But I'll also play the odd games. Some favorites of mine growing up have been Clue, Monopoly, Apples to Apples (and yes, Cards Against Humanity), and Scrabble.

Findswoman and Gamiel like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sabyne, Rainbow Knight Star has been the fun hostess of Apples to Apples right here in the Games subforum :cool: Woot!

Question about Mako: Does she or could she ever wind up romantically tied to Gault? ;)

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    TCW gave the mandolorian TCW gave the mandolorians in the modern age an cubistic art-stile, how do you imagen their art-stile/s look in the TOR era?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What was your favorite TV show /series growing up, and od you like that same kinda thing these days?

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    If you could trade places with one person for a week, who would it be and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    What kind of videogames do you like to play? Preferred genres? Favorite games? Do you have Pokémon X/Y, a Psychic Safari, and willing to share Friend Codes? :p

Have you done tabletop or pen-and-paper RPGs?

17. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Have you ever danced with the Devil by the pale moonlight?

18. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004

Awesome! I'll have to check that out sometime. :D

Alas, she does not. Gault is actually linked with someone in TOR canon (which even I didn't fully realize at first). Plus he's a good 20+ years older (though I realize he's a Devaronian, so their ages might be a bit different from human age.), so that means no romance there. But I'm kicking around introducing Mako to one of Kybrina's younger brothers....

I picture their art style to be more Rococco. Y'know, warriors running into battle with blasters and swords drawn, frills trailing off the back of their armor on the breeze, everyone taking care while fighting to not get blood on their good silks...all that sorta thing. ;)

I had a few I liked, including shows like 'Double Dare' and 'Wild and Crazy Kids'. I liked a lot of the Saturday morning cartoons in the 80s (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a particular favorite of mine, for some odd reason). One of my absolute favorite cartoons would have to be Doug. I started watching Doug when I was around 4th grade, so he would have only been a couple years older than me. But I found I really related to a lot of what he went through in the series. As for now, I do like anime, but I like going back and thinking about Doug and the other shows I used to watch.

President Obama. I think it would be humbling to try and run the entire country for a week.

I've not done pen and paper RPGs, but I play RPG videogames quite a bit, with Bioware's titles being my favorites. I also do like FPS games (though I eschew Call of Duty...too one-dimensional!) and simulation games like 'The Sims'. Action games have become a favorite genre of mine since I started playing 'Dead Space'.

I tried. Devil had two left feet. :p

Gamiel and Goodwood like this.
  19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Have you met anyone from these forums in person?

20. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Do you like to fly? Would you want to be able to actually fly an airplane?

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Do you want to meet anyone from these forums in person?

What is your favorite time sink?

22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Do you do any manual activities? Drawing, tailoring, gardening, carpentry...

Findswoman likes this.
  23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Would you like to see my insect/arachnid collection?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fanon you have about something in SW?

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Piggybacking on the "dancing with the devil" question: are you good at dancing, or do you too have two left feet? Any preferred dance styles or genres?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.