main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite genre/style of music? What role does music play, if any, in your inspiration for writing?

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Please choose:
    (a) an alien race in the GFFA; and then
    (b) a style of clothing from a/some real-life culture/s (or time period, or both) that you think would be well-suited to that alien race.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What question that you haven't been asked yet in this interview would you like to be asked? :D

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

Fanon you have about something in SW?

Architecture you would want to see/see more of in Star Wars?

What non-Star Wars species would you like to se implanted into Star Wars?

Findswoman likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you Sabyne! Please feel free to answer the final questions you were asked. :)

Remember if you want to be a subject or there is someone you would like to see as the subject of FFAMA, please let me know!

This week, our subject is... Raissa Baiard

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- Is Raissa your name in RL? It's pretty enough ;)

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider the best dressed male in SW?

Who do you consider the best dressed female in SW?

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Another naming question: how did you come up with the name "Baiard"? It reminds me of the Dutch word for "carillon" (beiaard)... :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite SW characters and era to write/read in?

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Games: What do you play, what do you like to play, what are your favorites?

Would you like to see my insect/arachnid collection?

12. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Do you like to fly? Have you ever taken the controls of an airplane?

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Where are you from?

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Was the decision to come back and begin writing again a difficult one?

15. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Nyota's Heart Sadly, no. My RL name is much less interesting. :) I did consider using it for the Youngling, but ultimately, I didn't want her to be named after mom's fanfic character.

I'm a total name nerd, so when I was naming Raissa, it took me a long time to find just the right name. The name book I was using gave the meaning of Raissa as French for "intelligent".(I assumed it was a variant of the word "raison," but I'm not sure how accurate that source was.) Bayard is Old French for "red-haired" or "bay-colored". I made it a little more Star Wars-y by changing the spelling to Baiard.

My favorite characters are probably Han and Mara. I guess I have a soft spot for the scoundrel with a heart of gold.

I write mostly in the Saga era, because it's been too long since I've read any of the novels. I quit reading halfway through the NJO because I couldn't standing seeing my old friends getting their butts handed to them (and asteroids dropped on them.)

I like KOTOR, TOR, and the Sims. I don't get to play much any more because all my computers except the iPad are in various stages of their death throes. My gaming is pretty much limited to apps like Plants Vs. Zombies. I also like playing Scrabble and Apples Vs. Apples.

Insect/arachnid collection-- sure, why not? I'm not really squeamish about bugs or spiders unless they're crawling on me.

Eh, I'm kind of indifferent to flying. I like the actual flying part, but now I'm always in the company of a kid who doesn't really enjoy it (are we there yet? My ears hurt! Are we there yet?) which kind of puts a damper on the excitement. I've never flown an airplane, though.

For male, it's cliche, but I'm going to have to go with Lando. He must have quite a collection of capes. :D For female, I'll go with Leia. Padme's gowns are gorgeous, but the simplicity of Leia's dress appeals more to me. If I could wear an outfit from Star Wars, I'd choose her medal ceremony gown or her Cloud City outfit.

I've lived most of my life in downstate Illinois. For those not familiar with the term, downstate is anything south of the Chicago 'burbs. We're the cornfield, prairie, Land-of-Lincoln part of the state.

Actually, it was kind of a wild hare! I was thinking about my long dormant stories one night, and they just wouldn't leave me alone. I discovered my account here was still active, and just decided to come back. I've felt for a while that I needed to do something creative again. I think if I had let myself think too much about it, I would have found reasons why now was not a good time to start writing, so I'm glad that for once I went with my whim.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    When writing OCs versus canon characters, how is your writing/plotting approach different/similar?

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Here you go! :D

Spoiler tagged and shrunken for people who are squeamish about that thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is your favorite time sink?

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Have you ever thought about getting into some KotOR/TOR-related Before-era fanfic?

'Cuz, ya know, I'm totally there.

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    This is becoming one of my standard questions for the parents who are members of this forum: what advice do you have on maintaining good fanfic-life balance? :D

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Have you tried to get the kidlet interested in Star Wars at all? ;)

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    EDIT: Wrong thread. :p

Might as well add a relevant question:

Have you ever accidentally posted in the wrong thread, and if so, has it ever caused any teasing or embarrassment, or been unintentionally hilarious?

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    I have that framed scorpion :cool:

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What role does music play, if any, in inspiring or smoothing the writing process? What times/situations are more conducive to writing?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite sweet treat? Favorite munchy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.