main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    a) zeltrons
    b) discko, as it most happy and energy filled

While we are at it I just want to mention that I see mandolorian jizz music resembling the slow, melancholy jazz of Jan Johansson.

and the music genre jango is Ennio Morricone made into a whole music genre

When it comes to SW fanfics so have I not been doing them for so long to have written so many cultures or worlds but I will say Ryn, or at least my interpretation of them.

JadeLotus likes this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Can you give us a brief background on Ryn?

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks Gamiel for answering questions! (Please feel free to answer any to this point that you haven't.)

Up next on FFAMA is... JediMaster_Jen!

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!!! What brought you to fanfiction, and who are your fave characters and why?

5. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What specific media/story transformed you from a casual fan to "the next level" in terms of being a part of the Star Wars fanbase?

(e.g., for me it was KotOR—I liked the movies, but hadn't even heard of the EU before that game)

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Do you have any advice on achieving good fanfic-life balance for a fellow fanfic-writing mom? :cool:

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    the ryn are human like alien race with prehensile tails, white hair and perforated beak-like noses that they could use as a music instrument. The male ryn usually cultivates large moustaches.
    Ryn belong to the group of species that don't know were their homeworld lays and there are theories/legends about how they got into lager space: first is that they were recruited as mercenaries for some warlord and when their contract was fulfilled/broken they did not know how to get home, the other theory were recruited as musicians and entertainers for some world that lacked those and just as with the first legend so could they not return home.
    As for now they live as space nomads moving from world to world, from job to job and have gotten a reputation as fortunetellers, scoundrels and excellent musicians.
    I picture the ryn as looking like space cossacks with elements from Slavic and other nomadic cultures and music stiles. In my mind their culture is rather like how I have begun to picture spacer culture but even more superstitious and faithful to the space gods and with a strong musical tradition, there is no ryn who is not trained in at least one instrument.

[​IMG][​IMG]

JadeLotus and Findswoman like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What types of scenes are easiest versus hardest to write?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider best dressed in SW?

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Which do you like to read about/watch more: epic battles or epic lightsaber/Force duels?

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Which line of work in the GFFA would you find the coolest?

12. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Good question, Findswoman! I'm looking forward to the answer.

Who is your favorite author and how has he/she influenced your writing?

Findswoman likes this.
  13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Where has been your favourite place to travel, and where would you like to travel to?

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks mavjade. Well, here goes. :)

I actually started reading fanfiction (not Star Wars) as a teenager. The more I read and began to explore my own creative writing abilities, I ventured into reading Star Wars fanfic. Some of what I read was really bad (in terms of spelling, grammar, ect.) and some was fantastic. It escalated from there into trying my hand at writing in the SW fandom. I'd always loved the films and considered myself a decent writer, so I gave it a stab.

I don't necessarily have a favorite character, but I tend to write Obi-Wan a lot, so I suppose he'd qualify. :) As for why, it always intrigued me that someone would be willing to give up their entire life to look after a young boy in an attempt to atone for perceived sins. Essentially, that is what I've always viewed Obi-Wan's self-imposed exile on Tatooine as; some form of atonement for not being able to keep Anakin from falling. He'd tried to do everything right, and it all went horribly wrong. I find that intriguing.

For me it was the Thrawn Trilogy of books. I read all three in one sitting on a lazy Saturday. It grew from there. I ate up all of the EU literature. I've read the vast majority of the EU material, with the Thrawn Trilogy remaining my favorite to this day.

Oh, good question! :) If I have one piece of advice, it would be not to try to plan anything. [face_laugh] I truly believe that balance is achieved spontaneously rather than through any sort of pre-planned path. Write when you can. If you have five minutes here and there, jot down some notes. Use the time after the kids are in bed to write/brainstorm.

I feel like I can do the romance and drama scenes pretty easily, but don't ask me to write a lightsaber duel or a space battle. I've done a few and haven't ever been happy with them.

Oh, gosh, I don't know. [face_thinking] I guess I would have to pick Padme. She always looked elegant in whatever she was wearing--even in her all-white battle gear in the arena on Geonosis.

Definitely the lightsaber/Force duels. :D

Politician! :p

I have to pick one? :( I have so many favorites. I enjoy John Milton. The good versus evil of Paradise Lost has always been an influence in my writing. His own convictions and beliefs in regards to the political goings-on in his day came through in his writing and are very inspiring to me. So, yeah, I guess I'd have to say John Milton.

My absolute favorite place to travel/that I have traveled was Israel. My husband and I spent three weeks there many years ago between the births of our second and third children. Walking along the Via Dolorosa, standing at the Western Wall, dipping our toes and fingers in the Jordan River; it was an amazing experience. Seeing the Temple Mount, the Dome of the Rock--the coming together and the significance of the same space to Christians, Jews and Muslims was a profound experience.

I would love to travel back to Israel. For all we did and saw, there is so much more to that beautiful country to see and to experience. Other places I'd love to travel to are Russia and Denmark. My husband has been to both, but I have not and I would love to go.

Kahara, JadeLotus and Findswoman like this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ah, someone beat me to my question. :p

Then I shall ask: if you could have a super power, what would it be? :D

EDIT: What an answer it was, though! That is awesome about your travels to Isreal. [face_love]

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Stealing this question from Findswoman

Please choose:
    (a) an alien race in the GFFA; and then
    (b) a style of clothing from a/some real-life culture/s (or time period, or both) that you think would be well-suited to that alien race.

Findswoman likes this.
  17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I would love to have Superman's heat vision! Cooking would become so much easier. :p

This one is difficult. I'll have to come back to it. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you like to bake, and what's your favorite treat?

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    If you found out one of your kids was Force-sensitive, what would you do?

20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Great answer. =D=

With one question leading to another, then . . . ;)

Do you like cooking yourself? Do you have a favourite dish you make - or like to have made for you? :p

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I do like to bake. One of my earliest memories is helping my mother make Banoffee Pie, which is an English dessert consisting of bananas, cream and toffee. Sometimes chocolate and coffee are used as well. It is delicious and my favorite. :)

[face_laugh]That's a great question!! In all likelihood, I'd probably panic. My middle son is 13 and he has a very passionate, fiery personality. He's a planner who dislikes when things go "off course" and likes to be in control of all situations. In short, he's my Anakin. With my luck, he'd be my Force-sensitive child and we'd all be in trouble. I definitely wouldn't give him to the Jedi, that's for sure. ;)

I love to cook! I think it comes from hours upon hours as a child spent in the kitchen with my mother. She made the most amazing Shepherd's Pie. That is still my favorite dish, all these years later and I love to make it myself.

My husband makes a killer peanut butter and banana sandwich! I like to have those made for me. :p

Kahara likes this.
  22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    As a follow-up, if you found out that you were Force-sensitive, what would you do?

23. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Last answer of the night, folks. :) I'll be back tomorrow evening to answer some more.

I think I would be torn between excitement and extreme uncertainty. [face_nail_biting] I could have a lot of fun with the telekinesis aspect of being Force-sensitive. :)

Kahara likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    a) Favourite culture in SW and why?
    b) Favourite culture to write about and why?

thay can be the same

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you like non SW fandoms, and which ones? Have you considered writing for them? [face_batting] (Oh that pie! I can literally practically taste it, say toffee and chocolate in the same sentence ... ) =P~ Will definitely Google the recipe [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.