main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was mostly thinking about the different games, comics and books that take place in some kind of steampunk-ish universe. Is there any out there that you like and/or dislike?

also do you know about Fred G Perry's Steam Wars
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.s. while we are discusing steampunk I just want to say that I fully agree with Bill Willingham
    From http://www.newsarama.com/19161-dynamite-goes-steam-pulp-in-bill-willingham-s-legenderry.html

2. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    No, I hadn't heard of Steam Wars! Or at least, that particular art series. I've seen other steampunk-ed versions of SW characters floating around the Interwebs, like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, I think what Mr. Willingham says makes a lot of sense.

Back when I was reading DC Comics, I vaguely knew about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, though never got around to reading the series; that's not exactly an overt steampunk comic, but the influence is there somewhat. I guess I just like the antiquated romance of the genre.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you like other kinds of spicy food: Caribean, Asian? Favorite toppings for burgers? :)

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm going to stop the questions for ThreadSketch here (Thread, feel free to answer any unanswered questions, if you want). As I said, this was going to be a skip week since I was on a plane for 7 hours yesterday then spent 1.5 hours getting through imigration and customs to get back into the US. ;)

We'll resume next Sunday.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Yikes, Mav! Hope you're able to rest. [face_tired]I-) This was fun. [face_dancing]

I'll grab the last one...

I liked Thai food while I was still in NYC (ugggh Thai iced tea *drool*), although I didn't eat anything nearly as spicy as it can possibly get. I'm a wuss. :p Plain jalapeno can make me sweat, LOL. I also love Indian curries, but just medium-spicy too.

Now Mom found videos of Singapore food today and I just died of the YUM. [face_hypnotized]=P~

Nyota's Heart and Findswoman like this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Are we getting a new guinea pig... ahem, subject, this week?

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yep... I'm at work and keep getting pulled away and then I get distracted by alerts. ;)

This week our subject of ask me anything is... @ginchy !

If you would like to be a subject of FFAMA, send me a PM and I'll put you on the list. Writer, reader, noobie, oldbie whoever you are, so long as you are active in fan fic.

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Yay! :D

Who is your favourite character in Star Wars and why? ;)

taramidala likes this.
  9. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hurray!

What is your hands-down all time favorite fic? Most influential on your own writing?

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Ginchy Lee! [:D]
    Has becoming a mom influenced your writing?

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Where did your one of a kind username come from? ;)

Chyntuck likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I don't think we've been formally introduced yet. Pleased to meet you. :)

Since it looks like you're a mom too, what advice do you have to offer on maintaining good life-fanfic balance? :D

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite munchy and favorite sweet treat? :D

14. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What first got you into Star Wars, and what first got you into fanfic?

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL questions are popping in thick and fast. :* :*

Which do you find easiest versus harder to write, Luke or Mara, and why? [face_love]

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who do you consider the best dressed male in SW?

Who do you consider the best dressed female in SW?

17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Favourite minor Rebel character? Favourite minor Imperial character? Favourite minor scoundrel?

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Where's that fic you owe me!?! [face_laugh] Just kidding. Where and when did we meet? If you recall I fell down a rabbithole in 2007 and since then the last decade as been a bit fuzzy. So that is a serious question.

19. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    How does it feel being one of the most admired fanficcers out there?

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ideal writing conditions: time of day, location, any musical accompaniment/playlist?

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm leaving on a field trip tomorrow, so I'll dump all my questions to ginchy here at once. Sorry for that, I promise I won't do it too often :p

1. If you could go back in time and change something in your life, would you do it?

2. Is there someone in particular who influenced you and helped you become the person you are?

3. If you were to be stranded on a jungle planet in the GFFA, what are the three things you'd want to have with you?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Chyntuck - your first 2 questions are always compelling =D= and get great answers but the 3rd one =P~ Yum. [face_mischief]

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, man!! I wasn't online yesterday so I didn't realize I was 'up' already!!! I will work on answering questions tonight!!!! Looks like I've got some good ones!! [:D]

24. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    GINCHY!!!!!!!!!!

1. Favorite adult-rated fic?

2. Your "Everest" fic idea - meaning the fic idea you've wanted to write the most but just feel daunted by it?

3. If you could "50 Shades" one Star Wars plotline or character or fic of yours, which would it be and why? How would you change it into an original story?

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    ginchy, here's another one on advice. As a stalwart of this forum and of fanfiction in general, what advice would you give writers plagued by self-doubt and feelings of inadequacy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.