main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have not seen a single post from you before (because I'm a slow-a55 person who has a lot of catching up to do); but I've been enjoying your interview so much and now I kinda believe I know you.

So, my first question:

You said you like Czech and Russian fairy tales. I grew up with a fusion of stuff from both sides of the iron curtain, but I enjoyed those fairytales more than the typical western ones. Now that I finally see somebody who enjoys them as much as I did, I wonder which ones would be your favourites and why? :)

Also, the first post in the thread could use an update...not that I'm nagging...XD

AzureAngel2 and Gamiel like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Please choose:
    (a) an alien race in the GFFA; and then
    (b) a style of clothing from a/some real-life culture/s (or time period, or both) that you think would be well-suited to that alien race.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Will you expand Lucien's universe with more stories?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    If you could go back in time and change one event in your life, would you actually choose to do it?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That is okay, dear Ewok Poet. My Dutch husband and I have a slow morning in Berlin anyway. (We were out to see the last Hobbit movie. In German! How brave, DarthUncle is.) Er, wait it is 1:56 am already. Dang!

Even though we got up around 8:00 am, we did not hurry with the breakfast. Then I did the dishes while my husband took care of the windows. "Altbau" flats. They have nightmare windows.

Anyway, then I surprised a lot of people with surprise calls, starting to play Christmas songs the very minute they answered the phone. I bet earlybird-obi-wan still has her ears ringing.

Afterwards we played 3 rounds of the strategy game "Carcassonne - the Winter Edition".

Now to your question. Everybody that got my digital German Advent calender 2014 via email or PM already knows or SHOULD know my favourite Czech fairy tale: "Cinderella". In this particular version she can ride, shoot arrows and is able to climb trees. That is the sort of princess that I like.

And my favourite Russian one is the one about the Baba Yaga. Even though it was rather spooky, I was not afraid of her.

Kahara, Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    So I am to say a) Chiss and b) Japanese clothing because the Chiss are sophisticated and elegant people like the Japanese?!?

Chyntuck, Gamiel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Nyota's Heart was already so kind to check the fist chapters of this story:

But if I ever write on, I do not know. Life has been such a rush the past year. Writing time, writing ambition & writing modus seldom have room in my life.

Mav Edit: Story chapter removed. We are of course allowing discussion of fic in this thread, but putting an entire chapter of a story isn't really appropriate. Sorry.

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I would not be afraid of the staff of the Job Center (who scared off a lot of other university students), take the long wait for my "Referendariat", finish my German teacher studies with the 2nd degree and then join DarthUncle in the Netherlands. And I would make a driving-licence, move to somewhere near the Dutch-German boarder with him straight away and work in Germany with the status & money of a state employee.

But otherwise: would I have done so many paintings? Have written so many stories? Have forged so many different friendships? Would have dared to do the child care during the Jedi Con 2010?

No, one should take life as it is.

*sings: "Non, je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf

Kahara, Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favorit adaptation of Baba Jaga?

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you Azure Angel for answering questions!

We're going to put this thread on hold for a couple of weeks due to the holidays. But never fear there will be new victims in the new year!

As always if you would like to be a subject of FFAMA or there is someone you would like to see as the subject, send me a PM and let me know.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hm, that is a difficult one. I would say I like her best in the story of Vasilissa. :D

Gamiel likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Also a merry Christmas to you all and a happy & successful 2015. O:)

Findswoman , JadeLotus and Chyntuck like this.
  13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy New Year everyone! Now that the holidays are over we are back with more FFAMA!
    As always if you want to be a subject or there is someone you would like to see as a subject, let me know.

The first victim of the year is... skygawker

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics do you read?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Gand would like to know what drew you to fanfic...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    ...and this Gand would like to know what you do as an occupation, and what you enjoy most about that occupation.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    What kind of music do you like to listen to when writing, if any?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Pst, guys. You've been jawuine-d!

skygawker What's your homeworld (in RL, but also in the GFFA)?

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Who are your favorite characters to read/write, and what do you find most intriguing about him/her/them? ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    If you could pick a Force power to have, which one would you choose?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    What is the most recent book you read?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What would you like to see in "The Force Awakens?" ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Mainly just Star Wars comics, actually - mostly Clone-Wars-era stuff.

Well, for starters, the fandom life got me pretty young - I was probably three or four when my sister and I started making up stories about our favorite Pixar movies (though of course we weren't writing them down). I stumbled across actual fanfiction online when I was in first grade or so, when I was going through a huge Harry Potter phase and spending a lot of time on fan-websites. I read a lot of fanfic throughout middle and high school, for whatever fandom happened to have my interest at the time, and ended up in the Star Wars area of fic when I got obsessed with it around my sophomore year - and there I've stayed ever since.
    As for what drew me to writing fanfic - well, Star Wars was really the first fandom to hold my attention long enough that I realized I might actually finish some of the stories I'd been creating in my head if I started writing them down. Mostly what draws me to fanfiction in general, reading or writing, is how it allows me to read or create new stories with a world and characters I'm already invested in, with a community of people who are just as into it as I am.
    I'm a college student, studying physics. At the moment I'm mostly just enjoying the fact that I get a whole month off for Christmas. :p
    I tend not to listen to music, since half the time I end up getting distracted. When I do, though, it's usually something without lyrics (i.e. a movie soundtrack) or else songs that remind me of the characters I'm writing.
    In RL I live in the Pacific Northwestern corner of America, third planet from the star Sol in the Milky Way galaxy. ;)
    If I could pick a homeworld in the GFFA, I would probably go with Coruscant.
    I mainly write about Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme - there are other characters I'm very fond of (such as the OT trio), but those are the three that come easiest to me character-voice-wise.
    Anakin is probably my very favorite, and I like to write him because he's never boring. He has a lot of serious emotional issues that are fun to pick apart, and writing from his POV means never having to wonder if I'm being overly dramatic. He's also intriguing to write because he's basically the opposite of me, personality-wise. Plus, his tendency towards making dramatic/extreme (sometimes extremely bad) decisions makes for interesting plot and character drama. Obi-Wan is interesting in a different way - in a lot of ways, he's a model of the PT Jedi, but he also clearly has his own inner conflicts, even if they aren't as dramatic as Anakin's. Padme's fun to write because of the strength of her convictions (emotionally and politically), and because writing her is a window into the messed-up politics of the Republic.
    Probably the ability to have a general sense of other people's emotions, whether they're being honest or not, etc.
    Or mind-tricks. *waves hand* "You don't want to give me homework...you want to go home and rethink your life..."
    The online serial novel, Worm. The most recent physical book was Tarkin.
    Mainly I just want something new, something different from both the prequels and the originals that still retains the same sort of spirit. I don't have any strong feelings on the particulars.

24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Where in the Pacific Northwest do you live? (I have family in various parts of Washington State.) Are you from that area originally, or did you come from out-of-state to go to college?

25. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    I'm from Oregon, which is where I am right now, but I go to college in Iowa.

Chyntuck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.