main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Today's questions:

1. List up to five good habits you have.

2. List up to five bad habits you have.

3. List up to five habits you don't have (anymore). These can be either bad habits you got rid of or good habits you would like to acquire.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ahhhh, ummmm... I take my insulin when I need to, I brush my teeth twice a day, I drink plenty of milk, I'm sensible with my money, and I take "me" time when I'm super stressed out
    I work myself unnecessarily hard at times (ie take a super condensed summer class a WEEK after exams), I've never slept all that well, my eating habits could be better (I'm not THAT BAD), I like chocolate too much, and there are days when I do nothing.
    Good ones I no longer have: I used to get up at 6:30 am every morning (I would like to be that productive again, but then again, running on 3 hours of sleep every night probably wasn't healthy) and I used to exercise a lot more.

Bad ones I got rid of: I used to have like 8 pillows in my bed and I needed all 8 to fall asleep (couch surfing fixed that one), I used to listen to my music waaay too loud, and I used to think (and worry) too much about the future.

IDK if all of those can qualify as 'habits'.

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    -I drink a lot of water.
    -Being prepared for just about anything (I guess that one could go either way)
    - Saving money. I have a retirement savings account and a general savings that automatically deduct after I get paid every week.

-Procrastination. I will wait until the last minute for everything!
    -Letting work be an excuse for all sorts of things... not working out ("I walked 5 miles today, don't need to"), staying in bed on days off ("I worked 3, 12 hour days in a row, I'm tired"), making decisions ("I make critical decisions all day long, I don't want to decide what to eat.")
    -Being too lazy to cook so ordering out way too often.
    -Blaming myself for things that are beyond my control/being really hard on myself.
    -Staying up too late when I know I have to work the next day.

3. List up to five habits you don't have (anymore). These can be either bad habits you got rid of or good habits you would like to acquire.
    -Biting my nails. I find I do it on occasion when I'm really tired, but working in a hospital pretty much got me out of that habit.
    -I'd like to get back to some form of physical exercise more days than not. Used to be really good about that, haven't been for a while.
    - I'd like to cook more often and eat healthier.

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    1. Good habits?

* I am very punctual.

* I begin projects ahead of time, in plenty of time.

* I am willing and able to fill in at work for others.

* I am a morning person.

* I love chocolate, and all sweet things, but I've learned to pace it. More or less. ;)

2. Bad habits?

* Sometimes, I can be overly critical.

* I get impatient with slowness, epsecially in traffic [face_laugh] Those who drive under the speed limit. (OK, I could go somewhat over.) ;)

3. Habits to get again?

* I need to get better at keeping in contact, I feel like.

* I feel like I'm less of an optimist than I used to be. :( There's a big but or perhaps running through now. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    1. I have a rather varying diet so I can not really list five foods that I eat nearly every day but I have periods when I eat a loot of brown beans and in other times I eat a lot potatoes.

2. There are probably a lot of different dishes that I have only eaten once but I don't remember any of them by name.

3. Japanese tuna sushi (to much mercury); most American fast-food that is made in U.S.A. (I don't like the way their large animal farms work and lets not even begin on additives); any food that I know inhumane animal treatment was involved in preparing it.

1. tea and water

2. There are many different cocktails that I don't remember the name of (and not because I was drunk or similar, most of them were non-alcoholic) that I have only tried once.

3. there are many different cocktails that I would like to try but I don't know any names.

Yes, yes you did. If you don't want your secret to be known so is there only one thing you can do: find out all our RL identities and the send out your army of killer hypno equipped findsmen to take us all out.

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002

I drink a lot of water.
    I exercise three times a week.
    I never let my kids leave the house without a hug and kiss and an "I love you".

I'm (usually) always late

I don't smoke anymore.

Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  7. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I spent at least half an hour in the gym every day.
    I drink a lot of water.
    I eat a lot of veggies.
    Olive oil über alles.
    I have two major addictions (tobacco and coffee) and I probably drink more alcohol than what's good for me.
    Bad habits I got rid of:
    I quit chewing my nails (when I started smoking, but never mind that.)
    I (mostly) stopped trying to do a dozen things at the same time.

Good habits I'd like to acquire:
    To stand up and move around a bit every now and then instead of spending several straight hours sitting at my desk.
    To take public transportation in the morning instead of driving to work.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Today's questions!

1. List up to five classics (books or films) that you read/watched and enjoyed (SW doesn't count).

2. List up to five classics (books or films) that you read/watched and hated.

3. List up to five classics (books or films) that you never read/watched but would like to.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Now we get to see what people define as "Classics" :p

Dracula (both the book and the 1958 film), Little Women (both the book and the movie), Sabrina (the 1954 Audry Hepburn movie), and Beowulf (the epic poem).
    (I get burned and disowned by my mother and a friend every time I say this, but...) Anything written by Jane Austen or by her adapted into film. I've been forced to watch Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion. I think I fell asleep during every one. I also had to read parts of Pride and Prejudice. I wanted to kill myself.
    Movies: Fight Club (I swear, I keep meaning to but I never do), and The Godfather films. Books: War and Peace (one of these days when I'm old and grey I'll get around to it), The Count of Monte Cristo and As I Lay Dying.

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The Dunwich Horror, Watchmen, Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath. I found it boring. Shadow Over Innsmouth. It was kind of meh. There were a few books on my required reading list that I didn't really like and only skimmed for the purpose of a grade. Might've been Jane Austen.

Can't really think of any offhand. A few silent films I haven't seen, yet. A few Peter Lorre movies. No doubt some old Shadow episodes that I haven't gotten around to, along with classic horror dramas.

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Been away, catching up! (Sad to have missed the one about fairies, as while I don't believe in them, I find the folklore behind them fascinating!)

1. List up to five foods that you eat every day or nearly every day.
    Bread, cheese, ham, olive oil, potatoes

2. List up to five foods that you only ever ate once in your life.
    Foie Gras (long story, I didn't really want to, it WAS delicious, I wouldn't eat it again on moral grounds), crocodile, buffalo, some kind of Turkish (I think, was a long time ago) sweet meat I was subsequently told was made from bulls testicles (it was ok, actually), Indian religious sweet meats (really nice, probably not made from anything odd)

3. List up to five foods that you would never, ever eat.
    Insects, brains, quite a lot of fruit & veg (I hate fruit and veg with a few limited exceptions. Healthy water I'm not!)

1. List up to five drinks that you have every day or nearly every day.
    Water, tea, coffee, juice, squash

2. List up to five drinks that you only ever had once in your life.
    Saki, a variety of drinks that taste of aniseed (Pernod, absinthe etc)

3. List up to five drinks that you never had but would like to try.
    It sounds terrible but I've tried *most* things, in the generic sense. However, if you took me into a whiskey shop, I could easily find five extremely expensive, old whiskies I've never tried but would like to :)

1. List up to five places inside your own country (other than your place of residence) that you visited and enjoyed.
    Only five?! Cripes, ok;
    Edinburgh
    Scottish highlands
    Stonehenge
    The Lake District
    Cornwall

2. List up to five places outside your country of residence that you visited and enjoyed.
    Venice
    Sri Lanka
    Pompeii
    Tuscany
    Rome
    (I have been to several countries other than Italy, but seriously, almost all the most beautiful places were there!)

3. List up to five places that you haven't visited yet but would like to visit.
    Can I just list a bunch of continents? No? :( I wanna go everywhere!
    Thailand
    India
    Sweden
    Iceland
    Peru

This one's hard!
    I walk a lot
    I say thank you
    Good personal hygiene
    I read to my son every day
    I tell my family I love them every day

The internet
    I forget to say please!
    Bad eating habits
    Biting my nails
    I'm generally pretty messy

Tidiness!
    Not smoking
    Not sucking my finger (I did until quite late childhood)
    Writing every day (I aspire to, but often fail)
    Putting apostrophes where they're supposed to be - I have a real blind spot on them!

1. List up to five classics (books or films) that you read/watched and enjoyed (SW doesn't count).
    Pride & Prejudice (book)
    Casablanca
    Singin' in the Rain
    Breakfast at Tiffanies
    Rebecca (book)

The wasp factory (just disturbing; didn't finish)
    Mayor of Casterbridge
    Heart of Darkness

3. List up to five classics (books or films) that you never read/watched but would like to.
    Les Mis (book)
    Anna Karenina (book)
    The Hunger Games books
    Citizen Kane

12. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    1. Movies: Casablanca (of course ;)), Treasure of the Sierra Madre -- not coincidentally, both star Humphrey Bogart and have stellar ensemble casts. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World --- every classic comedian ever in one film.
    Books: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
    2. Heart of Darkness-- The labyrinthine, page-long sentences! The horror! The horror!; Don Quixote; Jane Eyre, and though I don't know if they're exactly classics, but all the movies that are supposed to be beloved of/representative of my generation (e.g. The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off) get a solid "meh" from me.
    3.The African Queen, I feel like I should see Citizen Kane, but I'm not sure I would actually enjoy it. Roshamon, Metropolis

13. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    1. The Great Gatsby (I know, this is either a favorite or most hated depending upon the individual. But it was never assigned reading for me. I actually found this book in my school library in seventh grade and got sucked in by the cover. The story is the tightest prose Fitzgerald ever wrote, and the last paragraphs always, always get me)

Cabaret (Let's see...aside from Joel Grey as the Emcee [a definite devil Puck figure], there's a young Michael York, Liza Minnelli just killing it vocally [and that nail polish...yeah, I tried to find something like it...not exactly possible in the late 80s], and this chaotic atmosphere of inevitable darkness and dark delight for living in the moment that's the best version of the Apocalypse I could imagine)

Metropolis (it's definitely the best piece of Weimar Republic era cinema that was ever produced)

Alien (the first one, because it has the best cast and the story is really about the horror in space)

Blade Runner (hello, visuals! Oh, and Harrison's okay, too)

2. 1984 (yeah, go ahead, burn me at the stake. It's supposed to be the penultimate dystopian sci-fi novel. All I remember from the book is how much I didn't care who Oceania was going to war with every couple pages, and how one-dimensional Winston Smith was and how come O'Brien cared so much about brainwashing him)

Great Expectations (Dear Pip and Estella: You're both shallow and you deserve to be miserable.
    Dear Miss Havisham: How come rats never ate your dress, let alone you?)

Romeo and Juliet (Shallow teenagers fall in lust but never got the memo that just because your loins are on fire doesn't mean you are in love. Actually, that would just mean you have an STD...especially Romeo, because he had that little fling with Rosaline...)

Citizen Kane (so Orson Welles' ego was as bloated as William Randolph Hearst's [the inspiration for the character of Charles Foster Kane]? Wow, no, really, what a surprise. Oh, and
    It was his sled
    )

3. Can't think of any

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    - To Kill a Mockingbird (book)- Cliche, I know, but I really did love it.
    - The Great Gatsby (book) - It was required, but I really enjoyed it.
    - The Odd Couple (movie)- (Does that count as a classic?) I love this movie, Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon were quite the team. My grandfather (who we swore was actually Matthau) and my father did the play long before I was born and it is something I wish I could go back in time and see. The two of them are/were perfect for those roles. Watching the movie and imagining them brings a smile to my face.
    - The Giver (book)- I think that counts as a classic by now. Even as a young adult novel, it's still one of my favorite books of all time (which is why it ends up in my lists so often)
    - The Maltese Falcon - I got to watch this in a movie theater which was pretty cool. I have to be in the mood for this era of film, but when I am, this is a good one.

- Wuthering Heights - I think I just hate this era of writing, but having to read this in school just about killed me.
    - Ethan Frome - What didn't do me in from Wuthering Heights, Ethan Frome did. Having to read these in school almost turned me off from reading all together. Luckily, this book was very short.
    - Heart of Darkness - Another required reading that I couldn't stand. Our class hated it so much the teacher removed it from the syllabus the next semester.
    - Breakfast at Tiffanies - I watched it so long ago I don't remember why I didn't like it, maybe I was too young for it and I'd like it now, but I don't know that I could bring myself to watch it again.
    - Miracle on 34th Street - I've always thought it was depressing.

- Les Miserables (The book) - Really want to read, but the size is very daunting
    - The Count of Monte Cristo (The book) - same thing as Les Mis
    - Citizen Kane
    - War and Peace - Mostly I just want to read it to say I have, but again with the daunting thing
    - Bram Stoker's Dracula (the book) - Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and JadeLotus like this.
  15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002

Gone with the Wind (book and film)
    Moby Dick (book)
    Treasure Island (book)
    Catcher in the Rye (book)

A Tale of Two Cities (book)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (I've read other Jules Verne novels but never this one. I have seen the 1954 film, though)

16. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Books:
    The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
    Petros's War by Alki Zei (it's a children's book but I still enjoy reading it)

Films:
    Fritz Lang's M
    Terry Gilliam's Brazil
    Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times
    Books:
    Alexis Zorba by Nikos Kazantzakis -- the film is kind of okay but the book is just endless metaphysical pseudo-Buddhist ramblings.
    Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert -- I don't understand these authors that create an ensemble cast of losers and spend the whole novel bashing them.
    Anything by Jane Austen -- I never made it past page 20 in any of her books.
    Anything by Penelope Delta -- in many ways a Greek Jane Austen, with an unhealthy dose of nationalism

Films:
    Any film by Theo Angelopoulos -- if you want to have such loooong static shots, why don't you do photography instead?
    Books:
    Anything by Joseph Conrad -- I loved Heart of Darkness *runs away and hides* so I'd like to read more
    Aldous Huxley's Brave New World

Films:
    Fellini's La Dolce Vita
    Woody Allen's The Purple Rose of Cairo
    Coppola's Apocalypse Now

Ewok Poet and JadeLotus like this.
  17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Today's questions!

1. List up to 5 non-SW movies moments that made you laugh your head off.

2. List up to 5 non-SW movie moments that made you cry.

3. List up to 5 SW movie moments that you think are really iconic of Star Wars.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

1. Pride & Prejudice, the Hornblower series, Gone with the Wind, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Les Miserables

2. Jane Eyre, It's a Wonderful Life, The Time-Traveller's Wife, Napoleon Dynamite, Juno (not sure if the latter three are classics, but I hated them all the same

3. Catcher in the Rye, Ulysses, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Cinema Paradiso, Frankenstein, Tristram Shandy

1. All of Clue - the funniest movie ever. All of Nathan Lane's scenes in The Birdcage. The "Men in Tights" song and dance number in Robin Hood: Men in Tights. The Benedick eavesdropping/realisation scene in Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing, and the following scene with Beatrice - in fact most of that movie is hilarious. Most of The Blues Brothers and The Princess Bride.

2. All of The Joy Luck Club, but especially the "eat my own bitterness" and "you have best quality heart" scenes and the final scene when Jing-Mei meets her sisters. I'm a blubbering mess.

When David Thewlis' character dies in The Lady. When Celie is reunited with Nellie and her children in The Color Purple, Sally Field breaking down in Steel Magnolias, and the animated version of Charlotte's Web (with Debbie Reynolds as Charlotte) singing "How Very Special Are We" as she dies, and then the final narration: "It isn't often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a great writer. Charlotte was both."

Man, now I'm crying just thinking about it :_|

3. All Luke moments, since he'd my favourite character:

Binary sunset, "I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father," trying (and failing) to lift the X-Wing from the Dagobah swamp, kicking ass and taking names on Jabba's Sail Barge, confronting Vader on Endor and of course "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I know there have been some, but I can't think of any specific moments. I tend to laugh at one liners like Iron Man has (the best part of Age of Ultron for me was one of his probably throw away lines). I tend not to like 'funny' movies, but I do like things like Space Balls, Robin Hood Men in Tights, The Princess Bride type movies.

I'm a total movie crier...if a movie is remotely sad, I've probably cried. I've tried not to spoil things since most of the crying parts are the endings. These are probably the most memorable cries:

- Les Miserables - I'll admit, the movie was the first time I'd ever seen it (I knew some of the music, seen some clips but never seen a full production) and while I thought it was sad, I didn't start crying until the Bishop shows back up at the end and then the dam broke. Since then, with the show or the movie, I start crying earlier and earlier. Last time I saw the musical, when the overture started my boyfriend leaned over and only half jokingly said "Are you okay?". (Also, the bishop usually doesn't show back up in the show, but I always want him to... he does in the current broadway production and I completely lost it.)

- The Immitation Game - Two parts, one in a flash back (When he finds out about Christopher while at school) and the end. Knowing most of Alan Turring's story, I knew what was happening with both parts, but they were so excellently acted and to know that this actually happened to someone who was such a hero just kills me. I think I was the only one in the movie theater crying, and I was trying so hard to hold it in.

- Dead Poet's Society - We watched this when I was in Honors English 10 in high school and like anytime we watched a movie there were people whispering throughout the whole thing. But as we neared the end, you could have heard a pin drop, with exception to the sniffiling, which there was a lot of. I love this movie, but I cry every time. (When I watched it after Robin Williams died, I wept through the entire thing.)

- PS, I love You - The entire movie. I've only seen it the once, but I litterally started crying 5 minutes in and didn't stop the entire time and I had an awful headache.

- A Walk to Remember - Okay so this one's a little embarassing, but I was in high school (the age of the kids in the movie). I was watching it with my best friend (who isn't a crier and also cried), holding on to her for dear life as to movie ended.

So hard to pick only 5!
    - Luke looking at the suns set on Tattooine - One of my earliest memories of a movie. So simple and so powerful

- The "Use the Force, Luke" scene when Luke is doing his attack on the death star.

- Lifting X-wing out of the swamp scene

- "I love you" "I know"

- "There is another.... Sky...walk...er"

Chyntuck and JadeLotus like this.
  20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    The food fight between Adenoid Hynkel and Benzino Napaloni in The Great Dictator
    The moment when Hynkel dances with the terrestrial globe, also in The Great Dictator
    Arsenic and Old Lace -- impossible to pick a scene, I just laugh from beginning to end
    The Liberation Front of Judaea/Judaean Liberation Front scene in The Life of Brian
    The moment Lawson says "I'm gonna stay with mom" in the 1955 version of The Ladykillers
    The moment when Hynkel dances with the terrestrial globe in The Great Dictator (yes, I know, I also listed it under 1 above)
    The Odessa steps scene in Battleship Potemkin
    The scene where Micheál is killed in The Wind That Shakes The Barley
    The massacre scene in The Great Escape
    The last sentence of That Hamilton Woman
    The opening dialogue between Artoo and Threepio in ANH
    "I love you -- I know" in TESB
    The moment when Paploo steals the speeder bike in ROTJ
    The moment when Obi-Wan says "so uncivilised" and throws away the blaster after killing Grievous in ROTS
    "Execute Order 66"

JadeLotus and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    MOD EDIT: Today's questions have been removed for being bait.

22. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    These are in no order really.

The Aeneid
    The Iliad
    The Odyssey Quess what I studied in Uni :p
    The Count of Monte Cristo (Book)
    Casablanca

Great Expectations
    Heart of Darkness
    Old man and the Sea
    Jane Eyre

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Book)
    Citizen Kane
    Moby Dick

Superbad, Fogel and the Cops
    Dogma, From beginning to end
    Office Space, After Peter gets hypnotized
    Hangover 1, Zach Galifianakis is great

Fan Boys, Pretty much the whole movie

The Patriot, when the youngest daughter finally talks to her father.

Life is Beautiful, Benigni is amazing in this movie.
    The Green Mile, Nuff said.
    Up, The old couple. You have no soul if that didn't move you at all.
    The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas, Great flick.

1. Luke switching off his lightsabre in front of Darth Sidious. "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    2. Vader's first appearance.
    3. Han running after storm troopers and then finding the bigger group and running away.

4. Han and Leia, any moment between them really.
    5. Qui-Gon telling Obi-Wan to train Anakin

23. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    MOD EDITED FOR BAITING

24. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002

*The entire Robin Hood: Men in Tights movie had me laughing from beginning to end.
    *Does a SW parody count? Space Balls was hilarious.
    *Blazing Saddles.

*Steel Magnolia-towards the end, just after Shelby's funeral.
    *I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now.

*"I love you. I know." in TESB
    *The Vader is Luke's father reveal in TESB.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Mod note: Today's questions have been removed for being bait for flaming and potential conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.