main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Meant to say this earlier in response to your clothing photos—Padmé does indeed have the loveliest nightgowns. :D Even just the plain white one she wore when she was being crawled on by the kouhuns (bodice-rip-o-rama!) was gorgeous.

And now on to the actual question: what does your desk/office/study/workspace look like? Any interesting decorations or objets d'art?

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    My other fandoms are BBC Robin Hood and Merlin, Harry Potter, Pride & Prejudice, Stargate SG-1, Doctor Who, The Scarlet Pimpernel and various incarnations of Superman. But my involvement in most of these fandoms are very minimal (and mostly limited to Tumblr reblogging). Star Wars is my OTF (One True Fandom)

Thanks for the tip, I could get the quotes into a new post but not multiples at once. I like to watch Australian Rules football and tennis and I love watching all sports at the Olympics. I like to play netball, tennis and soccer.

I fluctuate between wild vanity and crippling insecurity about my writing. I'm usually never 100% happy with what I do, but I'm usually about 90% happy with it and even if I am aware of some of the flaws I usually still post. I hate editing and am not the kind of person who can endlessly tinker until its perfect - I'm not really a perfectionist in that regard. But writing makes me happy, feedback makes me happier and I'd rather have something out there than stuck on my computer.

It's interesting, because there are aspect of historical periods that I love - the beautiful dresses of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries for example, and it would be fantastic to have lived during the Renaissance or the Enlightenment with all the new ideas and beautiful art and writing. On the other hand, people didn't bathe, women had few rights and life was generally a struggle. It would have been great to have lived in the 60's since it was a period of social change and revolution, but again, there was no internet, there was still plenty of injustice and while I like the idea of being a nature-loving hippie, I enjoy my creature comforts too much.

I'd love to sleep in some of Padme's nightgowns (except her ROTS one - those pearls - ouch!)

I am a very messy person, and my desk is a total mess, covered in papers, folders, stationery, teacups as well as my laptop and screen. I have a filled-in fireplace (it's an old building) so that is the one neat spot in the room:

[​IMG]

I like owls and impressionist art :)

Findswoman likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you think about crossovers?

4. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    I don't think I've ever written any, but as long as I'm into both of the fandoms I'm open to reading them. However they're not my favourite genre - I much prefer in-universe time travel or parallel universe hopping fics.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite book/movie of all time, that you can and have watched/read again and again? Not necessary to be SF-related. :)

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Are there any in-universe time travel or parallel universe hopping fics that you would recommend?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Books - It's hard to pick one, probably Pride & Prejudice. I also love Gone with the Wind and Les Miserables.

Movies - Return of the Jedi, Gone with the Wind and The Princess Bride

Echoes of Always by ginchy, in which post-LOTF Luke travels to a universe where Mara is alive and his counterpart is dead. VaderLVR64 wrote a wonderful fic where Ben is sent back in time to just before the Thrawn trilogy and works alongside Mara (she of course having no idea who he is) - sadly I cannot remember the name of that fic and believe it was unfinished. I'm sure there are more that I'm drawing a blank on. Does anyone else have any recommendations? More time travel and universe hopping fics, I say! More! :D

Actually a crossover I remember liking was As Long As We're Together by Jedi 2-B, an L/M fic crossed with Star Trek Voyager.

ginchy and Gamiel like this.
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks JadeLotus for answering questions!
    Remember if you want to be the subject or know someone you want to be the subject of FFAMA, send a PM!

Our next subject of FFAMA is... Gamiel

9. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Whom do you consider to be the best-dressed female in Star Wars? How about the best-dressed male?

Findswoman likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Are you into fanart, fanfiction, or both? Favorite SW era/characters?

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    W00t! Just to show that I didn't exhaust all of my crazy clothing-related questions in the EU Community interview thread...

Please choose:
    (a) an alien race in the GFFA; and then
    (b) a style of clothing from a real-life culture (or time period, or both) that you think would be well-suited to that alien race.

:D

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I know it is a cliché but I will have to say Padmé, mostly because she is the character we have seen in most different outfits and they are all beautiful, even if her queen dresses are a bit to much for my taste.

I quite like Bail Organa's tunic (which I see as the counterpart to a old fashion but fin quality business suit) and the sith lords in TotJ: Golden Age of the Sith have some wonderful world building outfits but I have to go with: Gallandro
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I like good fanart and fanfics, even if I am behind in my fanfic readings, and I am trying my hand on fanfic writing (I hope to put up my first SW soon) but I lack the training to do fanart.

I think my favorite era is the New Republic era, it has lot of conflicts that are excellent for adventure but also a feeling of optimism, "we can work together" and "forward to a brighter future".

(a) Ryn
    (b) Cossacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Findswoman and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, I could see that—right down to the facial hair. :D

Now to turn the tables and ask about your own clothing habits. What kinds of things do you like to wear? Any favorite articles of clothing and/or outfits from your own closet (school, work, casual, formal, etc.)? Any favorite colors, brands, or styles?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite SW characters?

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I usually have two looks, relaxed or a bit more formal. Relaxed usually involve comfortable trousers, and a t-shirt or sweater; bit more formal usually mean a shirt and often a waistcoat, I like waistcoats.
    In either case I prefer to have sandals before normal shoes if the temperature allows it, my feet often begin to feel enclosed rather quickly in shoes.

I think Obi-Wan or Luke. Obi-Wan have a more academic air and dryness that I like but Luke's character development and optimism is also nice.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite SW culture and non-SW but Sci/fi culture and why?

17. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    If you could change one thing about the EU, what would it be and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fave munchy and/or sweet snack?

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Waistcoats! Definitely an item of clothing one doesn't hear about every day anymore. What color is your favorite waistcoat?

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, this is hard. The problem is that we seldom really get into a SW culture so many of them we only know superficially - this is the down side of having the characters always exploring new worlds the already existing once don't get any more deep.
    I really like the jedi, even if I don't like many decisions regarding their culture that the EU have made regarding them (b.t.w. do people know of a thread were you can discus/complain on the Jedi Apprentice books?)
    I have soft spot for both Dathomir and Hapes, I blame YJK, and rather like the Mandolorians, who probably are one of the most explored SW cultures out there and I have no problem with that their culture and history change from Marvel, to Del Ray to TCW, I actually think it makes it more mythological in a way.
    If there is something I like in SF-movies it is world building, how the architecture, fashion and manner of the people of the future show how the world have changed - I would say that one of the movies that does this best is Blade Runner. The same goes for books, comics, video games and RPG:s.
    With so many worlds I have seen so do I need some time to think and decide so I will return to this question.
    Probably the NJO, I admit that I have not fully read any of the books but I don't like many of the decisions made even if there is a lot of stuff from them that I like.
    I would most likely put it some years later so the YJK generation have some more time to grow up and have childish adventures, also I would have turned Jacen into SW Steve Irwin and kept Jaina as a wrench wench before a pilot; make the Vong invasion smaller, not a real threat to the Republic but still enough to threaten a sector; have the Republic work together to combat the Vong and have the Jedi as an (more or less) working part of the Republics government; there is probably more but I can not come up with it right now.

Or maybe how the EU presented the old jed order, I really have some problems with some of its structures.
    I try to stay away from munchies and snack, dentist recommendation, but I really like doughnut, especially warm and fresh once, I also have a thing for liquorice.

Black, with grey stripes.

Findswoman and JadeLotus like this.
  21. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Who is your favorite author and how have they influenced your writing?

22. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Who is your favorite actor/actress and why?

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, cool ideas on the tweaks to the NJO =D=

If you could have one SW piece of technology what would it be, also if you wanted a Force-related skill, what would that be?

JadeLotus likes this.
  24. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    I like you NJO ideas as well - the total destruction of the GFFA as we know it by the Vong did not sit well with me.

What's the weather like?

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I don't know if I've asked you this already, but what's your relationship to music? Do you sing or play any musical instruments?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.