main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Good Morning! :) Thought I'd answer these two before heading off to my son's speech therapy appointment.

Can't say I have a favorite culture, but I do like the Wookie culture because of their honor and loyalty. I don't typically use elements of my characters culture in my stories, so I can't really pick a favorite. I suppose if I chose to, it would be outside of the Star Wars universe with the Vulcans in Star Trek. The emotional control, the touch-telepathy and the physical superior strength--that would be fun to write about.

I do like non Star Wars fandoms. When I first began reading fanfic as a teen, it was stories based around my favorite soap opera, General Hospital. [face_laugh]I also love Star Trek and Harry Potter fandoms. I wrote a Harry Potter vignette years ago and I have a few unfinished Star Trek stories sitting on my computer. I am currently writing some General Hospital stories. [face_blush]It's still my favorite soap.

Nyota's Heart You'll love the pie. There are lots of recipes on the web. I'll see if I can track my written one down and send it to you. I typically just guess-timate on measurements and things since I've made it so often.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Gamiel like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wriggles! Star Trek, oh don't get me started. LOL

Who is your fave ST character and why? =P~ ;)

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wonderful answers, Jen—really enjoying them so far. :) Israel is somewhere I definitely would love to go someday.

When it comes to reading fanfiction, are there any particular genres or types of stories you particularly enjoy? Any fanfic authors (here or elsewhere) you would particularly recommend?

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite season of the year?

6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Are you an obsessive outliner, do you just start with an idea and let the spice it flow, or are you somewhere in between?

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Favorite non-Star Wars movie?

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Spock! Without a doubt, Spock! :D Why? Where do I start? His logical mind. His loyalty to his captain and the crew. The fact that he was always more human than he wanted to admit. In regard to Zack Quinto's Spock, who I really like in the role, I love how he lets his emotions show, let's the human side of himself be as important as his Vulcan side.

Fictional culture would be the Klingons from Star Trek. As for how, I don't really know. It's sometimes difficult to weave one fictional culture into the lore of another.

Real life culture would probably be Feudal Japan. I think it would be interesting to see a class system used throughout the SW galaxy. In Feudal Japan, the Samurai Warriors were at the top and merchants were at the bottom.

Tough question. :)

I don't really have a favorite, but I seem to gravitate towards drama, angst and romance. One author that comes to mind right away is YodaKenobi. His stories are extremely in depth and well thought out. His writing is filled with wonderful descriptions of times, places and characters. :)

Oh, definitely winter. :D There are so many reasons to love the wintertime. Christmas. Skiing. Snowfall. Curling up with hubby in front of a roaring fire. :)

I outline very few of my stories. I generally have a good idea of where I want the story to go and how to get there. I jot down notes and things from time to time. Usually an idea pops into my head and I go from there. :)

Just one? o_O I can't possibly pick between my two favorites; Gone with the Wind and Cleopatra.

JadeLotus and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Jen your answer - LOL to the character question - yeah baby - totally echoes my sentiments down to the ground =P~ [face_sigh] Add Nyota Uhura to the mix and you've got boom-shagalaga [face_laugh]

~~!

Favorite TV show growing up?

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, it's great to see another Cleopatra fan. Historical brilliance and excessive camp at its best. :p

What are your ideal writing conditions to get the creative juices flowing? (Like music, or a certain food or beverage. A lucky pen or particular pair of socks, even. ;))

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fanon you have about something in SW?

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Keep the questions coming. I'll be on tonight from home to answer the latest ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite genre/style of music? Favorite male and female vocalist? :)

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Assuming you could, what type of starfighter would you want to fly? What kind of larger starship?

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Are you (and/or your kids) musical at all? Do you sing and/or play any instruments?

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Architecture you would want to see/see more of in Star Wars?

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I used to watch EastEnders with my mother. :)American television--I watched ER and Baywatch a lot as a teenager. [face_laugh]And the X-Files.

I liked to go into my home office with an iced coffee and turn on classical music. Writing seems to come easier under these conditions. :)

Nothing comes to mind. :)

I like most genres and styles of music, with the notable exceptions of rap/hip-hop and jazz. [face_sick] I don't think I can pick a favorite of either gender. I enjoy too many different ones to pick just one.

I'd love to fly an X-wing. :cool: Larger starship? Hmm, how large? I'd love to take the Falcon or a star destroyer out for a spin around the galaxy.

I am not musical at all! [face_laugh] Not even close. I do sing, just very, very badly. Yet that never seems to stop me from doing it. :p My middle son dabbles with guitar. He's still learning so it's a major work in progress.

Pyramids. Pyramids are underused, except in Stargate:)

18. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    What sporting event would you most like to see in person?

19. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    What sporting event(s) have you seen in person?

20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Have you ever had a dream (including daydreams) that you were living in the Star Wars universe, and if so, are there specific characters/places/scenarios that repeat in these dreams?

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Not seen many depictions of Korriban, have you? :D Tales of the Jedi is practically Space Egypt with Giant Bugs.

What's your opinion on the dropping of the Continuity Bomb in favor of what the sequel trilogy might bring?

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    The Australian Open. :) I love tennis!

In no particular order: Wimbledon, French Open, US Open, many MLB games, the equestrian competition at the 2012 Olympics, MLS games, one NFL game and two NHL games, numerous NASCAR events.

To be completely honest, no I haven't. :(

:)Nope, never actually seen any depictions of Korriban and have never read Tales of the Jedi. My only answer is that I'm trying to keep an open mind.

23. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Do you have any siblings?[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, here's a variation on one I once asked Gamiel:

(a) Pick a special occasion from SW lore (e.g., Luke and Mara's wedding, Han and Leia's wedding, Soontir and Syal's wedding, Qui-Gon's funeral, Ooryl's janwuine-jika, etc.)
    and
    (b) tell us what you would wear if you were one of the guests at that occasion. Here's the kicker: you may answer only with clothing you actually own or can realistically get hold of.

:D

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jen, [face_rofl] are there things you say to your kids that you swore you never would, e.g., that you heard when growing up? :p I like to think of them as Mommy-isms (bits of advice or admonition). ;)

Findswoman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.