main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    What first got you into the EU/Legends/whatever you want to call it (basically Star Wars beyond the movies)?

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I enjoyed that! I may be a product of the prequel era which may or may not tilt my view of what most like to hate on (I think Jar Jar Binks should have had more screentime) but I really loved the Ewoks in ROTJ, and that was in no way disrespectful to gospel music.
    I'm a pretty big Trekkie, and some of the Star Trek novels that are done right are quite enjoyable to read. Others, depends really on my mood. :p
    Well, as I began reading NJO, I really saw Anakin being groomed to be the hero of that series. He was making discoveries about the Force never before seen, and then was killed off. It might just have been mythos that really put him in the light that I see him in now, but there's no doubt he was wasted potential, and I think if he'd been alive, the EU wouldn't have taken the downturn it did.

Now, for Revan, all I know about him I got from Wookieepedia (well, actually now I have the book Revan), but what originally drew me to him was his story, the hero of a war turned dark, then redeemed and being able to see the best of both worlds. And the mask. His mask is epic. :p

From a number of different areas actually. When I was 7 or 8, I would read the Star Wars Databank, but I don't think that exists anymore, at least not in the way I grew up with it. I also discovered Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest around this time, which drew me in to the inter-movie period. That's what really kicked me off into the EU. And yes, I'm still gonna call it the EU, I'm stubborn that way. :p

Revanfan1 and Findswoman like this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Please tell us about something that you found riotously funny for no good reason (or at least no reason apparent to most other people). :)

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    What is the number one played song on your iPod/music player of choice? :D

(Or, favourite song period. The first way of phrasing the question normally produces interesting answers. :p)

5. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Just one? :p My sense of humor is at a level that quite differs from that of most people. The first one that comes to mind is this one time in Sunday School when my cousin would randomly attach colors to animals, e.g. "blue pig" "purple cow" etc. It cracked me up but no one else laughed. :p
    The top song on my iPod currently is "Top Of Our Lungs" by Starfield, which remains one of my favorites. I've had a few interesting ones in the top spot before, though: Level 42 - Leaving Me Now, Shinedown - Call Me, et al. My favorite song currently is "Love Me Now" by Nine Lashes.

6. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    What is your favorite ice-breaker for youth groups?

7. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Have you done any youth mission trips and if so where? If not, where would you like to go?

8. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Probably dodgeball. When I don't damage my index finger. :p
    I haven't yet, and I don't know. If God ever puts mission work on my heart, then I'll see where that goes, but I haven't felt the call to mission yet.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Let me squeeze in this quickly. LOL What do you do to break out of writer's block? :eek:

10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Wait and pray. It usually doesn't break, though, and I have 5 original works that are testament to that :p I really wanted to continue my series "Arcana", which I've heard so much good stuff about from my friends that have read what I've written so far.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm going to switch the start of this to Sunday because it's much easier for me to be able to do it early-ish, so look for the new victim tomorrow.

12. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Cool. If anyone wants to get in those last minute questions, here's your chance! :D

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    What is your most hated (or least favorite, if you prefer) character in 1) the movies and 2) all of Star Wars?

14. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Least favorite character? Hmm. In the movies, I guess Sebulba. I don't know, I like the movies through and through, there's not much I can say I dislike. In all of Star Wars, though, that's easy. Abeloth. Thank goodness she's no longer canon.

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Okay, since I spent all day surrounded by faeries and other oddities, I'm going to ask you a few questions somewhat pertaining to that...

Do you cosplay, either as an off-and-on hobby, only-on-Halloween, every time you set foot at anything remotely resembling a convention, whenever you feel like it? Do you like elaborate costumes or simple ones? Would you wear some aspect of costuming on a whim, like wearing cat ears for no reason than to wear them?

What was the coolest/creepiest animal you have ever held/pet/otherwise handled?

16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Hmm, I've never actually cosplayed in the literal sense of the word. When I was younger I used to pretend I was a character stuff, like Star Trek :p

Millipede mustache. Definitely the millipede mustache. :p

TrakNar likes this.
  17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy Star Wars Day everyone!!

Our next victim is:

@Nyota's Heart

Ask away....

18. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It's been a pleasure. Now, to Nyota!

How did you find your way to the JCF?

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll just reuse my last questions to start with. :p

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    What do you do for a living?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Anakin Solo Revanchist How did I find my way to the JCF? Through Googling about fanfictions. I found the archives first then found Chasing Dreams by JadeLotus, been squeeing ever since.

TrakNar -- On costuming ... Nope, never costumed or did the dress-up thingy. :p

mavjade -- My job ... I am a medical transcriptionist, working from home. The firm has accounts all across the U.S., and topics range from cardiology to pain management. :cool:

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Deb!! I am so excited for this. So excited. [face_love] [face_dancing][:D]

I am going to start off with the obvious - you are the biggest Spock/Nyota shipper I have ever had the pleasure to know and fangirl with. What is it that draws you to that pairing so passionately? (You can answer the same for Luke/Mara too if you want. ;))

[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I was eagerly awaiting my turn just so I could answer this question [face_laugh] Mira_Jade

I love Nyota's beauty, vivacity, brilliance. She deserves to be appreciated and cherished. As for Spock - =P~ he deserves a lady who is compassionate and who can appreciate his complexity and intricacy of nature in all its fascinatingness. It doesn't hurt that their careers mesh and meld. :)

Luke is a beautiful soul, full of light and selfless courage. Mara has all kinds of rough edges and perfect imperfections. I am intrigued by her history and how Luke and she just click! LOL Way back on the Wild Karrde that first time. [face_love]

24. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    How old are you?

25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    If you went to see EP7 and a live and well Mara Jade Skywalker showed up how loud would you SQEEEEE? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.