main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    taramidala - As to my age, :eek: I'm in the over 30 writers' club in Resource. :p

Jedi_Lover -- They could hear my squee! and Buya! from here to Canada at least. [face_batting]

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Nyota! Good to have you here.

Where do you live, and do you like it there?

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nyota! So sweet to see you here!

What is one place you would love to visit? What is one place you'd like to visit again?

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    When was the first time you saw any Star Wars movie?

5. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I know you probably can't nail down just one, so I'll ask what are some of your favorite fanfics?

6. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Why do you write - recognition, passion, the plot bunnies will slowly gnaw at your brain unless you set them free...?

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Findswoman - "Where do Ilive"? In Central Florida. I like it most times, except July and August. [face_laugh] ;)

divapilot [:D] "Place I've been and like to visit again?" Japan hands down. Went in 1997 for 3 weeks in April. "Place I would love to visit for the first time"? Greta Britain - being an Anglophile :D that or Greece.

ardavenport - "First SW movie" - Saw that in the early 1980s -- I got ANH and ESB on rental from Blockbuster then had to see RoTJ -- The prequels - read the book novelizations for those. @};-

madman007 -- Favorite fanfics - woohoo! Too many LOL But I love fixer-fics like "Wispers of the Force" By Hazel and "Danni's Quest" by SiouxFan. I have a deep fondness for KnightAragorn's L/M honeymoon fic "Odd Kind of Honeymoon". In the nummy honeymoon category also goes: "Time Spent in Paradise."

JediMara77's Jaded Trilogy is definitely up there. =D=

K'Tai - "Why do I write" -- Loving the characters and wanting to give them special moments/missing scenes or write things a bit differently - or a whole lot differently than in canon. Though [face_dancing] canon will take on a new meaning entirely with Ep VII.

*wriggles*

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That answer was perfectly surmised! I couldn't have put it better myself. [face_love]

Now that you've answered who, I ask: what draws you to writing mush as a whole? Your stories rarely leave us with anything other than a smile and a goofy grin, and I am curious as to what draws you to that genre. :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Mira_Jade -- thanks to ginchy who invented mush :D I fell in love with the genre. I love tender warm moments between friends, couples, and family members. These are the treasured and consoling moments we hold dear for ourselves and wish for those whom we care about. The characters feel like 'friends' so you wanna make them happy and loved. @};-

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What is (are) your favorite alien species in the GFFA?

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Findswoman "GFFA alien species"? Fascinated a great deal by the Twi'leks and like the Wookiees. Very much curious about Yoda [face_laugh] and the origin of his unique syntax [face_laugh] ;) The Chiss, particularly Thrawn, are cool as well.

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Living in CF, do you go to WDW often??

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jade_Pilot -- not often. Just when we have visiting family ... I like Epcot the most. I also went to the Kennedy Space Center recently for a tour of the exhibits. That was awesome!

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    What about Universal or SeaWorld?

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    What kind of video games do you like to play, if any?

What kind of comic books do you like to read, if any?

What kind of cartoons do you like to watch, if any?

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    jcgoble3 -- I like Sea World exhibits and the water-based rides.

TrakNar -- Don't read comics, except for SW. And do not indulge in video games. Haven't watched cartoons in who knows how long. I do enjoy the animated Disney movies, though. :)

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Under your name it reads "Combos and Paragraphs Host"—what does that mean, exactly?

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I hosted games in Community before - Pass the Paragraphs where players add sentences/paragraphs to each other's stories in a cycle so that by the end the story is nowhere near what the original was intended. Combos is a game where you blend two strange things and make a slogan/expression out of it, for instance, "Dr. Who meets the Smurfs." [face_laugh] I also guest-hosted upon occasion in the Gaming Thread.

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You often mention music as an inspiration to your writing - what type of music gets your muse ready to write? :D

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If this hasn't already been asked ... who is your favorite character to write?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade Inspiring music: Classic love ballads particularly of the 1980s and onward, and smooth jazz artists, especially saxophonists. [face_love]

NYCitygurl Favorite characters ...

On the SW side, I like writing strong women - Mara and Leia and Jaina. I also have been honored to borrow OCs that have won my love and admiration -- Ceillean's Eliziya.

On the NSW side, I love writing Nyota and Spock ^:)^ and am thrilled to be venturing into the Tolkien 'verse, where I am writing Eowyn and Galadriel. That is a marvelous experience, loving this worldscape as long as I have. :cool:

22. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love Epcot best, too!

23. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    How do you feel about the EU being listed as no longer canon?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm excited and eager what the clean slate will look like, what missing scenes and new experiences in the intervening time can and will inspire. All of the yuck!ness is gone, happily.

I do find the time-gap rather daunting to be honest. That's a whole lot of stuff getting 'erased' or not getting a fair and good treatment. Rather like leaving your hometown when you're 13 or 14 and coming back 20 years later. :eek:

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    If you could visit one period in history, when would that be? (Or, which fantasy world would you visit if you could, if you want to juice the question up. [face_thinking])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.