main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    (6/23/15) 10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

I would want to know if my life will ever get better and, if not, what I should do to make it better?

(6/24/15) 11. Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

I would like to travel some more. I did a lot of travelling before I had my children. Right now I am waiting until they are both in college before making any travel plans.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    (6/23/15) 10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

I... don't know. I've seen too many movies where seeing the future makes things worse. :p Maybe, what career I'd actual love doing for more than a year or two.

(6/24/15) 11. Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

There is a 14 day trek to Mount Everest Base Camp (HERE is one example) that is kinda a bucket list kind of thing for me. I haven't done it yet because the trek itself is 14 days and you still need travel days to and from Kathmandu which is a little difficult to get that much time. Not to mention, that's not the kind of thing you just decide to do, you have to train, not only because you are hiking for 14 days and even Base Camp is at a decent altitude -5,364 metres (17,598 ft)- so you have to be in pretty good shape.
    Not to mention, it's not cheap.

3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    (6/25/15) 12. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

[face_thinking] I made two humans. Other than that I had dozens of high points in my life with various military schools and adventures.

(6/26/15) 13. What do you value most in a friendship?

Loyalty! I don't know how many times I have been stabbed in the back by so called friends and even family. And you can't be a loyal friend unless you are honest and have integrity. When you have a person in your life that lies constantly it is impossible to have a meaningful relationship with them. Unfortunately I have this problem with family that I can't easily cut out of my life. I hate it. How would you like to have somebody tell you something and you have to contemplate as to whether that is a lie or not? With certain people I know that there is a 50/50 chance that they are either lying outright, exaggerating, minimizing or doing an Obi-Wan Certain-Point-Of-View type of crap on me. I HATE IT! And yes, alcohol is almost always involved when it comes to the liars in my family...or should I say my husband's family because my entire family are non-drinkers, myself included. :mad:

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nothing. The future isn't set in stone, and even if all I wanted out of it were lottery numbers, those numbers may end up only being correct in a different timestream, and thus worthless to me anyway. It's all just a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff and I'd rather not mess with it.

Backpack across Europe. What prevents me is moneh.

I don't have one. I guess still being here is an accomplishment.

Loyalty.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011

Rebuilding myself so that I don't end up as just another statistic. Beyond that, completing a fully-formed, functional, and by all accounts, well-written original novel.

Magic? *ducks flying fruits and vegetables*

Heh, no seriously, I value loyalty like everyone else, but I also want a friend who isn't afraid to stand up to me when I go astray and who will help support me even as I do the same for them (a.k.a. reciprocation). A friend who I can hang out with and have fun, who isn't afraid to take a jab nor return the favor. And most importantly, one who won't just fly off to Neverneverland and catch some sort of mind-virus that turns them into some sort of inverse perversion of their previous self.

6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope I haven't done it yet. But if I were to pick something that has already happened I'd say moving to Boston. I'm a very introverted, set in my ways/hate change kind of person, so it took a big leap for me to try it and it's brought me so much: I work in one of the top hospitals in the US, I've made new friends I would have never met, I've gotten the opportunites to be on a HazMat and federal disaster medical team, etc.

I'd say understanding. I'm kind of a terrible friend, I don't keep in contact very well, especially if we live far apart (Facebook has helped with this, but it's still a challenge.).

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    6-23-15: Nothing. I won't mess with Agency like that.

6-24-15: Writing my Tribute Novel for Peter and meeting my best friends. Because familial stresses, personal circumstances, and lack of money have thus far hindered it.

6-25-15: Being baptised and meeting my Brothers of Heart and becoming aware of my Sir.

6-26-15: Honesty, acceptance, loyalty, compassion, patience, and mercy.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    In a way I feel I can't answer yet, since I hope I haven't even reached my life's halfway point! But echoing Jedi_Lover, bringing a human being into the world is definitely among the biggest. Of everything I've ever created, Findsboy is certainly the most complex and beautiful. My dissertation comes in as a semi-distant second. :p

Empathy, because it's something I value very highly in all personal interactions, and patience, because it would balance me out—being patient is not easy for me, but it becomes easier when I feel supported by patient people.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Nothing. I really, really don't want to know anything.

I wanna go to Chernobyl. At this point in time, I'm afraid of Russia invading Ukraine while I'm there. Also, I may need a back scan, which would not allow me to go there for up to 12 months afterwards.

I take a lot of pride in, you know, being actually born.

What Findswoman said. Also, mutual respect. People who dismiss all you say and all you feel as nonsense, fad, obsession etc are not friends, period. People who constantly tease and bait confuse me as well and, though I am often quick to befriend them, I often regret it.

(6/27/15) 14. What is your most treasured memory?
    Anything. Life won't rewind.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011

8 June 2004, the day when I took to the air in an AT-6 Texan and flew for the very first time. Taking the controls of an airplane and doing real maneuvers is something that I will remember to my dying day, for many many reasons. Sure it was with an instructor pilot who did most of the fun, but that doesn't matter; I got to take the controls while in-flight and that's all that matters. Being in the front cockpit I also had to raise and lower the landing gear, and on landing, I got to throw back the canopy and go in with the wind blasting me as I wore a huge grin of pure delight.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004

My most treasured memory changes day-by-day. I do recall fondly my time in the Army and my friends.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    (6/28/15) 15. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?

Yeah, I'd probably go check myself into the hospital for tests because that sounds sort of serious. :p

The only thing I would change is I wouldn't start a new college course of study that I was planning on doing. I would probably cash in my IRA and my sons and I would go to Europe for the summer.

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    (6/28/15) 15. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
    I would definitely prevent that from happening. O_O

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011

Yep, starting with not buying a single model kit and building some of the ones that I already have and want to complete. Then I'd spend some time filling my bucket list. Lastly, I'd donate my unbuilt models to some sort of club for kids to get into the hobby.

15. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    My Nonno died on Wednesday the 24th and my Nonna is in her last days as of today, as she is not eating anymore. I couldn't help but think about this post.

Findswoman likes this.
  16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    My sympathies, Darth_Furio.

(6/29/15) 16. What does friendship mean to you?

Magic? *ducks more flying plant matter*

Heh. To me, friendship is sharing the highs and lows of this life with folks who share similar perspectives, even if you have few things in common. It's having someone who will be with you when the chips are down, who will help you back on your feet, because the both you know that you would do the same for them. Having a friend is having someone you can confide in, someone who can be your safety valve so you don't blow a gasket later down the line, and someone you can trust to keep your secrets (and other things) if they become too much for you to bear alone. And a friend is someone who knows that even if the two of you disagree on one or more issues, even if that disagreement becomes heated, that nothing personal is ever meant by such disagreements.

Finally, a friend is also someone you can just plain have fun with, free of any kind of hang-ups or somesuch.

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks Goodwood

I'd want to know if I was a good father/husband

Because no one will let me drive a F1 car.

(6/25/15) 12. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? My daughter

(6/26/15) 13. What do you value most in a friendship? Trust

(6/27/15) 14. What is your most treasured memory? Holding my daughter for the first time.

I would try and mend my conflicted relationships because there is always things that are left unsaid even if you don't fix them.

It means being able to say anything without being judged, unless you ask them to.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I have almost nothing to add to your answer, as my friend and I discussed the meaning of the word on Friday. The only little thing I can think of is that friends do not have a negative view of you by default. If you gain weight, they won't necessarily call you obese out of nowhere, if you fail an exam and they pass, they won't call you a loser and so on.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005

Probably the summer I spent acting in two outdoor dramas. The people were amazing, I got to do something I love every night except the Mondays were were dark, and I got paid to do it. It was in 1992 and I still think about it and the people I was with often.

We'll if I knew it was a done deal, I'd quit my job and see the world. I'd try and have as many experiences with the people I love as I could.

It means someone being there no matter what. It's someone you can call in the middle of the night and know they will listen to you. Someone who will tell you the truth when you ask. Someone who loves you for exactly who you are and understands you.

Findswoman likes this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    6-27-15: Being able to keep Goof, my first major pet, realising Sir is my Signpost/answer to my prayer, meeting my two Pillars: Mike and Rick. :)

6-29-15 A true friend is someone who will listen no matter what. One that is honest yet respectful. It's someone I don't have to be afraid to just be myself with regardless of if that means saying I love Peter for gazillionth time, in need philosophical discussion, or practical advice. It's someone that doesn't consider Cushy weak or immature due to my emotionalism, acute empathy, rare views, or that I lead by intuition. Someone that isn't ashamed or afraid of me because I weep *a lot*.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004

A friend is a person who listens to you complain and complain and complain about a horribly traumatic time in your life and never says, "Get over it already!" A friend is a person who thinks of you, checks in on you and cares about you.

22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    (7/1/15) 18. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?

Sunday, alone.

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Another posting of the questions for the next few days so they are easier to find:

(6/30/15) 17. What roles do love and affection play in your life?

(7/2/15) 19. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?

(7/3/15) 20. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?

(7/4/15) 21. Would you be willing to have horrible nightmares for a year if you would be rewarded with extraordinary wealth?

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    (6/30/15) 17. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
    Pretty big ones. I'm very slow to warm to people, it takes a very long time for me to be comfortable with new people, but once I bring them into the fold, I care very deeply for them.

By myself: Last Friday. When my boyfriend texted me that SCOTUS had passed marriage equality and I got on Facebook and saw all the happiness, I had to go to the bathroom (I was at work) and cry I was so happy. In the almost 7 years I've worked in acute healthcare, seeing all the very sad and very happy things I have, I've never had to do that before. The emotion caught me completely by surprise.

In front of another person: Does on the phone count? If so, it was a few weeks ago and was just a case of all sorts of things catching up to me. If it doesn't count, it was proabably a few months ago, though I don't know specifics.

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    14. I'm going to be unoriginal and say the birth of my son, but that's of course an important one because that single event changed my life more than just about anything else. My wedding and the day I filed my dissertation are close seconds, but really, there are moments in every day that are just as special and valued.

15. I'm with Ewok Poet here: I'd really want to try to keep that from happening! :eek: But I guess otherwise, I would try to wrap things up at work, get my affairs in order, and spend lots of extra time with my family.

16. Is it just me, or is this one basically identical to the one from 6/26 about what one values in a friendship? My answers from that day apply here too, and I'll add that being taken seriously is a big part of friendship for me—not just having my feelings or concerns brushed off as silly.

17. A fairly important one, but more in the sense of deeply loving a few important people close to me than lavishing my love on lots of people. Although I value my alone time, I very much thrive on the love of those close to me—especially my husband, son, and mother—and on being able to give love to them.

Now, love as in charitable, caring behavior toward one's fellow human being is a different thing altogether. The best I can say about that is that I try to show it as much as I can, and that I, like everyone else on planet Earth, have had my moments of falling short.

18. Just the other day, at work, and it was a little bit of both. I choked up while talking to a well-loved coworker who's leaving after serving our company for 40 years, and she choked up too, and then I continued being choked up for a bit in my office.

EDIT: Darth_Furio, my condolences on the loss of your Nonno and the current condition of your Nonna. May memories of them always be for a blessing.

Darth_Furio and Ewok Poet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.