main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Are you the type that likes to window shop or are you a purposeful buyer: I know what I want, go in and get it and leave.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry all! I started answering your questions yesterday and then the nagging annoying headache decided to turn into a migraine pretty much all of a sudden. Whew! Glad that's over!

College Football. I mostly only watch my West Virginia Mountaineers, but I will watch others too.
    This past year I've gotten into baseball, which I used to think was really boring but now I enjoy... it probably didn't hurt that my team won the World Series. :D dp4m took me to a Red Sox game even though he's a Yankee's fan. I delight in trying to get my Red Sox hat on him and take take a picture for proof.

Sorry, I didn't mean to skip your previous question:
    A good story to me is one that I can get emotionally invested in, that I can feel what the characters feel. I like to read hurt/comfort the most... don't really know why, but it's what I'm drawn to. There really isn't any genre I avoid, but I certainly find myself reading the darker fare rather than the lighthearted stuff. It's not that I don't like lighter stuff, I do, I just am more apt to read the darker stuff. Don't know why. [face_dunno]

As for cartoons or comics, I enjoy both but don't really continuously watch or read either of them. I do however tend to really love movies and TV shows made from comics... Arrow is pretty awesome and certainly my favorite at the moment.

A few Star Wars celebrities, like Ashley Eckstein, and a few of the authors, but none of the major ones or any people outside of SW would consider celebrities. I did see the Dali Lama through a window back in the fall, though. ;)

Not morbid at all. When you are faced with people dying all the time, it's something you think about.

I of course, like most people want to die in my sleep. My biggest fear is to be kept alive after what makes me, me is gone. I don't want to upset anyone who might know and love someone with a traumatic brain injury, but I see people who have no mental status from TBI's (and no signs that they ever will) all the time and I don't want that. My parents are very aware of my feelings about this and I'm pretty sure they would follow my wishes.

As for my body, I would like a funeral pyre, but since that's illegal, an not to mention probably a lot more romantic in movies then it is in real life (the smell?), I guess I'll have to settle for cremation after all my useful parts have been donated to other people or used for science.

I think that's a good time. It sets our hero's up to pass on the torch, but gives us time with them again before they do so. :) I'm very excited to see how this might happen and where it will take SW into the future.

I grew up near a lake, so yes to all of those! I love being in, on or near the water! Though I never was good a skiing. I'm really near sighted -even when I was younger- and not being able to see where I was going was really unnerving so I didn't do it very often.
    I once dated someone who couldn't swim and I just couldn't even understand the concept... I did at least manage to drown proof him. ;)

I think something similar was asked but there have been a lot so I don't mind answering again. :) The Giver by Lois Lowry. Yes, it's a children's book, but I feel like it certainly has meaning as an adult as well. I read it every few years and its a new book every time I read it.

Nope, I was born and raised in southern West Virginia, and then moved to New England. I love NE because people are much more liberal than in WV, and even if they don't agree with you here, they are willing to agree to disagree, that's not usually the case in WV. Don't get me wrong, I love WV with all my heart and am proud to be from there, I just can't live there.
    As far as other comparatives, the weather is about the same. Yes, WV is more southern, but it's much higher in elevation so it snows and is cold there a lot, something I can't convince people here that this is true. The characteristic feel of NE and WV is completely different, but don't really know how to explain it, both are very nice just in very different ways.

I love the original Tron, Legacy was pretty good too. The effects were pretty good, and worked well for that, but I doubt they even considered doing that with SW.
    I had a friend who had the Discs of Tron arcade cabinet, but he sold it to buy an engagement ring (she was my oldest and best friend, so it was okay.) Any time I want to play it I just ask to look at her ring. ;)

Usually just venting about it really helps me, but sometimes that does make it worse. Oftentimes I'll dance it out, or lose myself in something else like reading or watching a movie... but in that case it's usually something I already know so I don't have to pay attention to it all that much.

I've been buying a lot for my upcoming vacation, mostly clothes, but I'm not going to count that because it's not random.
    I'd say two shirts from Tee Fury, both of which were Frozen/Doctor Who crossovers.
    I buy way too many shirts from Tee Fury and shirt!Woot, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore for quite a while, and then those showed up. I didn't even wait and think about it, I just bought them.

It depends on what I'm buying, but usually a window shopper... though I can't shop too long, I get bored pretty quickly. I do however usually walk around with something for a while if it wasn't on my list and decide if I really need/want it. Usually I put things back that I didn't go to the store for. I actually do most of my shopping online... Amazon Prime is the best thing ever.

And finally the question Bri asked:
    I don't know that this sums up my childhood, but it's one of my favorite memories.
    I grew up in theater, don't remember a time when I wasn't around the theater until I went to college. When I was 7 my brother and I auditioned for a professional theater in southern WV to be in their summer shows. We both got parts, I played the youngest girl in one of them and then the youngest boy in the other (at 7, boys and girls look and sound so similar and the guy playing my character older in the play had long hair so it worked out well.)
    That summer was the best time, even to this day I remember it very fondly and as one of the happiest times in my childhood. I got to stay up late (the shows lasted until around 10:00) and got to hang out with all the actors and actresses, I was even allowed to go to some of the parties (with my parents, who were also involved in the shows and we left before the party really started, I'm sure). I can remember one time, in one of the first shows, my brother stole my line and I didn't yet know his. I tired to ad-lib but it didn't go all that well and the guy playing our father in the show was trying so hard not to laugh out of character. When we got off the stage, luckily having not completely ruined the scene, a good chunk of the cast was standing there singing (quietly of course) the theme song from the Flinstones, which for some reason was the song everyone sang when people messed up (since we were kids, they were super nice about it and made me not upset). To this day when I say something stupid that song pops into my head.

And this closes the questions for me. Thank you all for your great questions! This was a lot of fun and I hope you had fun!

Your new victim will be announced shortly.

Rainbow Knight Star and TrakNar like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mav It's nice as all get-out to know you better. :D =D=

4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    How is the next "victim" as you put it gonna be picked? I'd really like to give this a go.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks Mav for allowing us to get to know you better!

So, um, as mav said, we thought getting to your mods might be fun so I guess your second victim subject is me, Briannakin!

So go ahead, ask me anything!

Seeing as this is a question...
    If you want to be a subject, PM mavjade or me and we will add you to the growing list.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri! [:D] [:D] What drew you to fanfiction, reading and then writing?

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So I know you're taking at least one history course and (IIRC) possibly considering history as a major. Does your interest in history ever influence your fanfic writing? Put another way, do you ever incorporate elements from your study of history into your stories? (E.g., the way the characters and events of the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron: The Warrior Princess comic are based on the assassination of Tsar Nicholas II Romanov and his family.)

8. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Do you like to read historical fiction?

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Do you have a weird genre that you like that no one else knows that you like it?

10. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Always lived in "The Best Place on Earth" as the advertising slogan goes? :p

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Are you able to drink soda? If so, what's your favorite brand, if any?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Is there a period/place historically that you are most interested in?

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Um, I guess I actually started writing, then reading. As a kid I always made up stories in my head, mostly involving Mulan and other Disney females then using Star Wars characters. Then in high school (grade 10 I think) the Clone Wars movie came out AND IT BUGGED ME SO MUCH THAT THEY COMPLETELY SCREWED UP CANON MY GIVING ANAKIN AN APPRENTICE (don't get me wrong, I've found an appreciation for Ahsoka, but it just drove me crazy). So I wrote a story (truncated now) offing her in a way that would explain the lack of even mentioning her in EP III. Then I posted it and I guess I just started reading because I liked the community. I guess what really drew me to it was I've always really liked making up stories. Does that answer the question?

I am a history major, but history rarely comes into my stories. For me, fanfic is an escape and as much as I love studying history, I now-a-days associate it with stress (OMGGG I HAVE 3 PAPERS DUE IN LIKE 2 WEEEKKKS AAHHH), so I often leave my studies out of my fics, but I have taken some events of Nazi Germany into a fic, but it was a very subtle reference. I often write medical-stuff in my fics and people ask me if I'm going into medicine and I reply 'no freaking way, because I hate studying science'.

No, I actually hate it. I loved it as a kid, but if I'm going to read fiction, it's going to be to escape stress. Historical fiction just reminds me of the work I should be doing. I spend hours a week drowning in historical documents, I don't want to do it in my off time. Plus reading a fabricated story about the Black Death just isn't the same as reading Boccaccio's or de Venette's first hand account (sorry for the morbid example, but I have both documents opened in other tabs).

(I'll keep this SFW :p) Do you mean in fanfic or in published stuff? I guess this might not be 'weird' but I love soap-opera type drama in both. I'm talking like Obi-Wan is actually Anakin's father but has the hots for Padmé who is in a coma and her body double is pretending to be her (bad example, but you get the idea). Part of me finds it hilarious, but I'm also enthralled by the melodramatic drama. I don't really find anything 'weird'. If someone like to read it and someone writes it, then obviously 2 people like it.

Ha! For those who don't get this reference, I live in British Columbia (advertised as "The Best Place on Earth", which is COMPLETE false advertizing). To answer: mostly. I lived in Edmonton and Northern Saskatchewan (NEVER AGAIN!) for a short while, but northern BC is my home. Although I was born in the southern mainland, I've lived across the north. PG is currently my home.

I can drink diet stuff, so my options are very limited. My favourite is Fresca (do you guys have that in the US? It's like diet grape-fruit pop). AND YES, I CALL IT POP.

I really like ancient and biblical history, and 20th century history, so I'm kinda on either end of the extremes. I also really love studying the Black Death, because I'm that morbid. And Viking history in Canada is also interesting (yet very short: they came, they saw, they left).

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    What do you see yourself doing for a career, assuming your plans mature (bwahahaha) and you have the chance to choose your own destiny for a while?

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Ever have gloves make your hands smell like feet?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What would be your dream vacation destination?

Goodwood likes this.
  17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks, Briannakin. Totally understandable about wanting to escape--college has an uncanny way of turning even one's most passionate interests into stressful drudgery.

My next question--and forgive me if it's not the right time in your college career to be asking you this, but--do you have any ideas about what you might do after college?

EDIT: Oh shoot--I see that this is almost the same as @Goodwood's question above... Well, feel free to ignore or consolidate as you see fit! :)

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    When you look at a man, what's the first thing you notice?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Same question I gave to mav:

Do you ever fantasize about actually being in the Star Wars universe yourself, and if so, what timeframe and location pops up the most in these fantasies?

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have you been to Europe?

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm going to answer these at the same time because they are basically the same question. The answer I give relatives for small talk (and this is kinda my plan, maybe?) is that I'm planning to do a masters of Library Science and Information studies and become a librarian. A good friend of mine's mother is the librarian at the court house and said if I ever got my masters, I'd have a guaranteed job. But the real answer is: I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA. But I'm not exactly stressed about it. I'm only about half way through my undergrad. I have a couple friends graduating in May and they have no idea what they are doing, so I don't feel bad about it. I'm pretty confident I'm going to do a master's degree because I'm fortunate enough to have my education paid for. I'm kinda dreaming about a master's in Museum studies, which I would LOVE to go to the UK to do. But I do have the freedom to do something like that, though the job market for something like that is slim and none. I had a prof last semester tell me that I should become a professor. I laughed, but a PhD isn't completely out of the question for me. I was never that kid who knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do, and I don't think I'll ever be that person.

Nope. I'm actually not a smelly person (at least I don't think so). I do use fingerless gloves on a daily basis. But they kinda just smell like dirt. However, at the beginning of every winter, my mitts always smell like stale water. It's gross.

EVERYWHERE! I WANT TO SEE IT ALL. Though I did fall in love with the English countryside, so my next destination will be Ireland or Scotland. I like places with history. I also want to see Africa (I keep bugging my Nigerian uncle to pack me in his bag when he goes back to visit his family). But I would not complain if someone wanted to take me to Fiji :p

His smile. I like a man with good oral hygiene.

Yup. In my fantasy I'm Ben Skywalker's wife :p Timeframe doesn't really pop up, but I'd love to live somewhere like Coruscant.

YES! I've been to England. That's it... so far.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Have you ever been as happy as this Koffing?

[​IMG]

(Yes, I'm taking full advantage of the "ask me anything." :p )

23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    What piece of sci-fi or fantasy technology would you most like to have? Which one would you like the least?

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, we have a fresh victim. ;) [:D]

Alrighty then, what is your go-to snack food after a long day? :)

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri, how cool is that, I am an Anglophile of mamoth proportions ... :D

My question is: What is the book and/or movie you can read/watch over and over again? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.