main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What is (are) your favorite alien species in the SW universe?

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Should Firefly have lasted longer?

(I'm kidding. The answer is obviously YES.) :p

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That Koffing looks pretty darn happy, but I'm sure I have been.

From any universe? Man that's hard. You'd think a person like me would go hoverchair or bacta but no, I'd say the ability to terraform new worlds and go to those worlds in a relatively short amount of time. Or time travel. That would be awesome too.

I'd say the one I'd like the least to have would be a lightsaber. Because I'd use it, then accidentally cut off my head.

I've never had one 'go to' snack, but recently I bought a bag of Bark THINS. It's basically chocolate bark, I got the dark chocolate, pumpkin seed and sea salt kind. SOOOO GOOOOD. And it doesn't have that many carbs. I gotta get another bag.

Are we talking SW or non-Star wars? As for SW, I can read both Visions of the Future and Outcast (but only the Luke and Ben parts). And of course I can watch any of the OT at any time. As for non-star was, I LOVE The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. I recently found out that a sequel came out late last year and I need to get my hands on it. As for movies; Shawshank Redemption, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and the Lion King (AND I STILL CRY EVERY TIME).

WOOKIEES! There is a reason why I have a 6 foot tall cardboard Chewbacca in my room. I also like Squibs. I don't know why, they are so annoying. And Mon Calamaris. They are like mermaids, but alien.

Yes. Though I'm so thankful we got Serenity and I've bought one of the comics. But they lost so much potential by canceling it.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool colors, Bri!

~~

Did you ever take up any kind of extracurricular activity like drama or some other tied to a hobby? :D

5. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    What sorts of music do you like, what's your favorite band and such like?

6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What is your opinion of the use of CGI in films where models would have been used in years gone by, for example in space battles?

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    What is your opinion on the usage of traditional, practical special effects (motion photography, stop-motion, etc) versus CGI?

Keep in mind that anything bad said about stop-motion is a wrong answer. :p

And my question is different, I swear. I'm asking about more than just motion control photography. :p

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, there definitely is something about the Squib. Way back when they were advertising AOTC, I made a custom action figure of King Ebareebaveebeedee based on the drawing of him that accompanied that "HoloNet News" item about the Squib staying loyal to the Republic ("Our ultrastrong loyalties and royalties to Republicness and whatever it may stand for," etc.)

And for something totally different: Do you eat cheese, and if so, what is your favorite kind of cheese?

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, this is fun. I'm sorry I missed Mav's round! Let's see, for you Miss Bri...

What is the most vivid dream you ever remember having?

Gemma and TrakNar like this.
  10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Back in high school I was a band nerd. I went to a school that focused on concert band, and you had to be damn good to get in. I did and I played 1st chair percussion all the way through high school, which basically means I played pitched percussion. My 'signature' instrument was the glockenspiel, but I also loved the tubular bells, but I pretty much played every percussion instrument. We were one of the best years and got to travel all over (across Canada, Seattle, and Cuba). We ended up winning regionals every year (we were the band that the other bands feared and we embraced this by making our uniforms all black) and the year that we went to nationals (we were invited every year but only ended up going once due to the price) we came in 2nd, but I received a National Honour Award for my leadership in the percussion section. I have since given up most of my instruments, but I still play piano.

I love all sorts of music. I'm the typical "anything but country" person (I don't fit in when I visit Alberta :p). I prefer rock, metal and alternative stuff. My favourite band changes on a weekly basis. Right now, I'm really into Kaleo because my stupid friend is in Iceland right now and had me hooked on all kinds of weird stuff. I'm also really into Run River North.

Do you guys mind if I answer this at once? I'll try to be thorough. First off, I know very little of motion control photography, stop motion OR CGI. That being said. I think motion control photography, stop motion, using models is much more of an art and there are times that I prefer it to CGI. The pained backgrounds for the Hoth battle just blow my mind. THAT BEING SAID, my sister is a CGI artist and dated a guy from California who was a CGI artists that worked on movies such as Pan's Labyrinth. I know that also takes A LOT of talent and hard work. So I think they both have their merits. But I do often prefer the traditional models.

Something I DO know a lot about is puppetry (I had a bunch of friends go to clown school to learn how to puppeteer). I will ALWAYS prefer puppets (IE Yoda) to CGI (though I did love the awesome CGI Yoda lightsaber scenes in EP II and III and those would have been impossible otherwise). The same goes to actors in make-up vs CGI. Though CGI does make things much more possible.

I LOVE CHEEEEEEESE!!!! As a type 1 diabetic, cheese is one of those things I can eat without worry. I loved smoked cheese, particularity smoked Gouda. But I also love feta.

I actually don't dream that much. Very rarely do I remember my dreams or dream. But the odd time I do remember any vivid dream, they'll often be about people in my life who have died. One dream I do remember having was when I was about 14 and I was chasing my father across a city (for reference, my father died when I was 10, so this dream was COMPLETELY RANDOM). I finally caught up to him and we were in this apartment with huge windows, overlooking the entire city. The apartment was all white with white couches. He just said "Hi" and we were on the couch eating Doritos. I asked him "Why don't you remember me?" he replied "I will always remember you, T-Square." (He and only he called me T-Square because the person I'm named after likes to be called T - we have weird names for girls - so I became T^2, or T-Square). Then I asked "Then why did you leave me?" to which he replied, "Because I was forced to, but I will always be with you. I can see you now (he was blind) and you will see me again."

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    If you could have one Force power, what would it be?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Playing piano: Do you play by ear? :cool: (I envy anyone who can) @};-

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Have you been to Disney World?

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Did you swipe that french onion dip? I was saving it for company.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What is your process for developing original characters?

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Do you have a system for naming your characters? Or do you just wing it?

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm going to be boring and go with telekinesis, because I really hate getting out of bed to turn off the light, plus it is so versatile. But Force persuasion would really come in handy at times.

No, I was always taught to read sheet music, but back in high school, I could play glockenspiel by ear. It's the same idea as a piano, but it's only 1-2 notes at a time, so it's a lot easier to play by ear.

No, I haven't. ALL 3 of my siblings have been to Disney Land, but I haven't. But I've traveled to more countries than the 3 of them combined, so I have that.

Yeah. That was probably me. I love me French onion anything.

It depends. I really don't use OCs THAT much. If they are just a side character, I simply ask, what role does X person need to fulfill and base it around that. If they are a main character that will be interacting with canon characters a lot, I ask how is this person going to present a challenge to the canon characters, what is the motivation of this OC, what do they want, how are they going to interact with the canon characters, and whatnot.

Again, it depends. If they are just a side character, I just do the "one consonant, one vowel, one consonant, one vowel, one consonant" pattern until I get a name that sorta sounds good, or I take a common English name, say Micheal, type it into here: www.behindthename.com/ and go through all the variants of it, so Micheal can become Mijo or Mykhailo. I also go on that site for OC's that I'm going to use more (or if I'm writing an original fiction) and look for names that the meanings fit the character.

Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Have you ever claimed stuff from the Lost and Found for yourself?

19. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Ever been to a concert? If so, who did you see and how well did you enjoy it?

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    What is the most annoying request you get at work?

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Do you have a job? If so, what do you do?

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes. It was back in elementary school and before Christmas break we laid out all the Lost and Found stuff before Christmas Break so everyone could take a good look at everything. At the end of the day I was helping clean it up after most of the other kids had gone home on the bus (my siblings and I lived a block from the school so we were the few kids that walked home). We were packing it up in garbage bags to send off to the Salvation Army, and I had realized I had forgot my mitts at home that morning, so I swiped a pair of nice fuzzy blue mitts (it was like -30, it was justified). That was the time that there was a pair of boy's underwear in the Lost and Found and NO ONE would touch them.

Kinda? I've played in concerts and been to plenty of symphonies. I've also seen Tim Neufeild but that was because he was playing a concert at my church and I volunteered to man the door and sell merchandise for him, so I got to see him for free. BUT my friend and I managed to get tickets for THE LION KING THE MUSICAL when we were in London (it was a sold-out show, but someone had returned their tickets). We paid A LOT for those tickets (because it had been sold out), and we almost turned down the tickets because of the cost, but we decided to buy them and IT WAS THE BEST 3 HOURS OF OUR LIVES.

To do footnotes. I don't have a job. I'm a full-time student. But I hate doing footnotes. See below for my 'work experience' story.

I'm a student, so no job currently. However, I did work at my aunt's tree-farm during the Christmas season selling Christmas trees. As a back story, this aunt and I don't get along (I may have "accidentally" called her by my uncle's first wife's name, more than once - IT JUST SLIPPED OUT, I SWEAR) and I don't think my uncle and I have ever said 2 unabusive words to each other. Anyways, why they hired me, I don't know, but they hired me back 4 years in a row before I started university and said I couldn't do it due to exams. My job was to sit in a shack with no heat and no indoor plumbing, hand out saws to people, tell them where they could cut trees from and to take money from them when they got a tree. I also had to make sure the fire outside was going, and I got to ride around on a snowmobile every few hours to make sure everything was alright. The job actually wasn't that bad (besides the doing my business in a port-a-pottie in -40 temperatures, but I have an iron bladder anyways). There were hours on end when no one would show up, so I got to do homework and watch movies, sometimes for 4 - 5 hours a day. I got paid $100 a day, under the table. PLUS my grandparents lived like 2 minutes away, so they'd bring me stuff like hot chocolate, and pizza.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite food--something you could eat most days?

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Are you a write-on-paper-first type of author, or do you do everything with the keyboard? What is your process for developing a story? :)

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you have a fondness for non-SW fandoms, and which one(s)?

Mira_Jade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.