Fanfic AWard Category 2008

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    This is the second year having this category. It was very low key and I would like to bring more attention to it. We had some wonderful stories submitted last year. We really didnt have these available for everyone to read like we did with the fanfilms. We really should have a website made this time around for people to view entries.

At the awards last eyar we didnt have anything for anyone to look at either. Any suggestions how to showcase them as equally as the fanfilms?

Also Nat - Any changes or additions you think we should make to this category this year?
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    IIRC we got three entries last time; I'd love to see more this year. I don't think we had many rules last time other than that they had to be Star Wars fanfic and they had to follow the JC fanfic rules, and only one could be submitted from each person. Unless people are allowed to submit more than one fanfilm, IMO we should keep that.

I put up a specific sticky in each NE forum last year just about fanfic; I can do that again :)

The only point of contention last year was the gay characters one. Mr. Wise still isn't allowing that, even for OCs. I'm fine with leaving it like that; if you want to change it that's fine, but the stories can't be posted here.

Speaking of which, I can code the stories so they can be posted here or on a html-using site so that people can view them (after the deadline, if I've got the stickies in every forum, I can just post them there). Speaking of which, what date are we looking as for the ceremony, and what date would you like to have them by? Depending on the number of entries, I'd like to give the judges (who I assume are the OFH like last year; we had over half a dozen judges then) between two and four weeks.
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Sorry for the double post. These were the offical rules posted last year:

• Fics must conform to TF.N rules about fanfic, which can be found here.

• Fics must be emailed to NYCitygurl at nycitygurl08@yahoo.com as a Word document attachment by March 15.

• Fics should not be more than 10,000 words in length.

• Fics must be original to the author, who must credit any other person from whom the fic author has borrowed material.

• Fics may have been previously posted on the internet. A fic does not have to have been written with the past year.

• Authors must be a member of a North East Region FanForce. When the fic is submitted, the author must include which NE Fanforce she/he belongs to and their screenname.

• Fics will be judged by RSAs and a panel of FanFiction moderators.

• Fics will be posted on the North East Region discussion board.

• I really want to stick to that 10,000 word limit -- if we get huge epics in, they'll take forever to judge, and we wouldn't know until they were sent it. Anyway, I'll change the link to the updated FAQ and probably have them PM the fics instead of email, but other than that, everything is (I think) still okay.
  4. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    The date of the Fan Force Aawrds in Stony Brook Long Island is 4/5/08. --Billy
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Okay, then the fanfic judging should be done by at least 3/20 which means a due date at, let's say, the last week of Feb., so info up and submissions started no later than the beginning on Jan. Actually, unless you want to start earlier, I've got winter break last week of Dec/first week of Jan and I can get everything started then.
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I would like to move everything up this year if we could and have the deadline by the 14th so I can make sure the trohpies are set and my slideshow etc....

I am fine with the rules posted. Only other change is this year instead of a sepereate post I am trying to get all the categories and information trheads in one giant thread. So if you could post here the information you want to go into the thread I can copy and paste it in the main one :)

*hugs* thanks for all your help once again :)
  7. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Awesome :D Sure thing; I'll post the final version here this weekend :)
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    • Fics must conform to TF.N rules about fanfic, which can be found here.

• Fics must be PMed to NYCitygurl no later than March 1, 2008. Early submissions will be accepted.

• Fics should not be more than 10,000 words in length.

• Fics must be Star Wars related.

• Fics must be original to the author, who must credit any other person from whom the fic author has borrowed material.

• Fics may have been previously posted on the internet. A fic does not have to have been written with the past year.

• Author must be a member of a North East Region FanForce. When the fic is submitted, the author must include which NE Fanforce she/he belongs to.

• Only one submission per person. If your submission does not, for whatever reason, follow the rules, it will be sent back to you and if there is time, you can correct or submit another story.

• Fics will be judged by a panel of RSAs.

• Fics will be posted on the North East Region discussion board.

If you have any questions, PM NYCitygurl.

Those are the offical rules :) I figure that by Feb. 20 we'll have time to get them judged and the scores back to you by March 14th :)
    />
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    looks great!
    thanks!

FYI -I will be offline for a few weeks starting now, but I will check my PM's between now and then so if you need somehting answered right away drop me a PM :)

10. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [:D] I think my part is over until it's time to post the rules and (hopefully) I get some fics in my inbox :)
  11. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I got one submission already (it was someone who noticed it from last year) but that's one, and the notices haven't even (I don't think) been posted!!! [face_dancing] I'm excited -- I really want to get a bunch of submissions this year.
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    awesome if you want to post in the NE discussion forum you are taking them now thats fine. Just dont post in the individual forums... we had a few complainers last ;)

i would make the deadline march 1st :)
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I remember [face_blush] Will do, but are you sure you want it to be that long? Will that give the judges (who I'll drag from the OFH like last year ;) ) enough time to get them to you by whatever the date you wanted them by was?
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    yes this will give anyone time who hasnt started one yet to actually submit one as well :) however u know this category better than me i am honestly open to whatever dates you suggest. :)
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    As long as it gives the judges a two-week period and it gets it to you in time, that's fine :)

Also, I got a question about it today (yay!!). I'm posting a thread in the discussion forum now :)

EDIT: thread is here :)
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    cool! thnx! whatever dates r fine :) lets roll with it! I think we will have a bigger response this year :) im looking foward to it
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    With only two and a half weeks until the deadline, I only have one entry.
  18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    :( there hasnt been any interest in the awards this year and frankly im about 5 minutes away from canceling them :(
  19. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    You might have to cancel the fanfic part -- the submission deadline is Saturday and I still only have one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.