main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards Fanfic Awards HELP DESK - Open for business!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    We have to do a run through of the most recent voter registrations, so if you haven't had your registration pm opened yet, don't panic! It will be read and your nominations will be counted. :D

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Anyone who has sent in a voter registration PM is now officially on the list.

3. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    what is the differece between the Master list of nominations and the qualified list of nominations?

4. AmbassadorKosh

AmbassadorKosh Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    I have a very stupid question.

First I've send a PM to Before-Saga_Awards and then one to Voter_Registration (I'm very sorry - I forgot about it :oops:). Will I be on the list or shall I send the same PM to Before-Saga_Awards again?

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    The Master list is the list of all of the nominations that were sent in. The Qualified list is the list of the stories that received enough nominations to make it to the voting round.

If you?re registering, send the PM to Voter_Registration. If you?re sending in a list of nominations for Before/Saga, send the PM to Before-Saga_Awards.

6. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    It looks like next to no stories at all made it to the qualified list of nominations for the before saga/saga awards. Curious to see what is going to happen.

7. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    There's still this whole weekend for noms there. Maybe a flood of nominations will surprise us.

Otherwise, the cap will be dropped lower in whatever categories don't have any stories that had tree nominations, so at least some stories for each category will get through to voting.

8. blank101

blank101 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Hi, two questions -

First, I sent in my excerpts headed by the category of each excerpt only, without the name of the story, or my author name (it didn't say that in the instructions! :oops:) - should I send them in again, with the additional information added?

Thanks [face_peace]

Secondly, I can't find the Beyond the Saga excerpts anywhere in Fanfic Resource, to read and vote on, though the banner says they're up. You don't seem able to get to them by clicking on the moving banner this year.

9. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Not to worry! They should be able to figure out your excerpts just fine, but if you'd like to send them again with that information it would probably make things easier. It is okay either way, now that we know what is going on.

And the Beyond the Saga/NSWFF excerpts will be coming into FFR in a few days; their posting is staggered, but I wanted to at least let people know that the Before/Saga ones are here at the moment. I just didn't want to have the scrolly bar get annoyingly long by clarifying. :D But we'll be moving the Beyond the Saga ones in here in a few days once their time to submit has finished.

10. blank101

blank101 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Thank you![face_peace] @};-

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Random question that I've been trying to come up with an answer to over the last few days: How do you select an excerpt that shows "best collaboration"? So much of collaboration is either via PM or offsite, and it's difficult to show it in that type of a setting. I know both awards are over with, but it might be helpful for future years.

Thanks. :)

12. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    No problem--

The award, if I recall correctly, is for Best Collaborative, not Collaboration, so essentially Best Collaborative Story...so you can select your excerpt based on the same thoughts you think about for any other story award.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Ah, cool...I must just have misread the award. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.