main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfic Casting Call version 4.0.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ZebulaNebula, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    If you just found out your fanfic had been selected for Lucasfilm's next big project, and you had full control over the casting, who would you put in which role?

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'd make Tenel Ka the heroine of the story, if that's what you're asking.

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    interesting concept....so here we go...for Japor:

Tahiri: Ellen Muth (pic)

Ben Skywalker: i don't know about this one...Rupert Grint might work...(pic)

Jacen Solo: Joe Flannigan (pic)

Jaina Solo: Lexa Doig (pic)

Jysella Horn: Amanda Bynes (pic)

Lumiya: Torri Higginson (pic)

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    In Betrayal, most of the characters are either canon or aliens. However,

For Le'orath Jinn - an older Sandra Bullock

For Atel Sl'etah - a young Reese Witherspoon

5. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Sereine: Lauren Holly.

(second choice: Marcia Cross.)

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    30-yo Michelle Pfeiffer for Lt. Aralee G'Mendez. ;)

7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Oooh, this could be fun.

Kana Riunn: (forced to color her hair very dark green and wear green contacts to match) Audrey Tautou pic

Neenah: The girl in the red coat from Schindler's List pic

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Oooooooh that's a good one :D

For the Days Like These series:

Carth Drex Rixar - young Sean Connery
    Kyran Josel - Heath Ledger

Edit -- This is Layren, how the heck did I get on under this user name?

9. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Ooh, Grint *would* make a good Ben Skywalker. Whee, cute.

10. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Oooh...this is interesting. :D

Queen Eirae: Eva Green (but with blonde hair :p) Pic
    Tristam: Ryan Phillippe Pic

E[face_good_luck]C

11. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Well, considering my fic, Shifting Tides, hasn't gone that far along yet, and is nowhere close to finished (it's about 5-10% along, but fairly long for being that far along), I'm not entirely sure if any of this would matter in the fic's context itself. But in the context of the AU I'm building AROUND the fic, I've already considered more than a few actors who I would cast as my characters.

(NOTE: Somewhat arranged by order of importance)
    (NOTE II: Unless I state otherwise, I will be using the original SW actors for the canon characters [Hayden C.=Anakin, Natalie P.=Padme, and so on)

Kitster Banai (adult): Viggo Mortensen (in his 'Aragorn the Ranger' look, but with light grey contacts) [LOTR Series]
    "Darth Janus" (don't want to reveal his name... yet): Ian McKellen [LOTR Series, 'X-Men' Series]
    Crix Madine (young adult): Jude Law [Alfie, Cold Mountain, The Aviator]
    Captain Panaka (old): Denzel Washington [The Manchurian Candidate, John Q, Training Day]
    Captain Typho (old): Lawrence Fishburne ['Matrix' Series]
    Kohl Seerdon (child): Tom Felton ['Harry Potter' Series]
    Moff Kohl Seerdon (the adult version of the above): Leonardo DiCaprio [Titanic, Gangs of New York, The Aviator]
    Asajj Ventress: Rebecca Romijn (think of her with a shaved head and a pasty-white version of her "Mystique" outfit) ['X-Men' Series]
    Whie Malreaux (adult): Orlando Bloom (in his 'Legolas' look) [LOTR Series, 'Pirates' Series]
    Tallizebeth "Scout" Esterhazy (adult): Laura Prepon [That 70's Show]
    Jocasta Nu (young adult): Gwyneth Paltrow [Shakespeare in Love, Sky Capt. and the World of Tomorrow]
    Kuat of Kuat: Rufus Sewell [A Knight's Tale, Legend of Zorro]
    Palo Maldrian (yes, THAT Palo): Antonio Banderas ['Zorro' Series, 'El Mariachi' Series]
    Granta Omega (the son of Xanatos): Casper Van Diem [Starship Troopers]
    Kar Vastor: Vin Diesel [Triple X, The Fast and the Furious, 'Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick' Series]
    Gilad Pellaeon (young adult): Sean Connery [circa "James Bond" era]
    Quinlan Vos: Benicio Del Toro [Sin City, Snatch, Traffic]
    A'Sharad Hett: Oded Fehr ['The Mummy' Series]
    Ferus Olin (adult): Clive Owen [Closer, King Arthur]
    Siri Tachi: Brittany Murphy [Girl Interrupted, Sin City, 8 Mile]

And for a bonus, I'll even throw in my 'older' cast list of Padme's handmaidens:cool: ...

Sabe: Keira Knightley (who happens to be the 'young' canon Sabe, to begin with) ['Pirates' series, Pride and Prejudice]
    Sache: Catherine Zeta-Jones ['Zorro' Series, Ocean's Twelve, Entrapment]
    Rabe: Monica Bellucci [Passion of the Christ, Matrix Reloaded]
    Yane: Anna Paquin [X-Men Series]
    Eirtae: Sienna Miller [Alfie, Casanova]
    Dorme: Rose Byrne (another one who played the canon of the role) [Troy]
    Corde: Rachel Leigh Cook (Surprise! A choice that completely goes against a movie pick)[She's All That, Josie and the Pussycats]
    Verse: Jennifer Connelly [Hulk, Dark Water, A Beautiful Mind]

And all that's not even the half of it (for to reveal more would mean revealing too much of the future in my AU)...

12. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    As for Exodus:

Gale Skywalker - Maybe Gregory Smith...:p picture

Minya Organa - Elisha Cuthbert picture

Lumia Sinas - Jessica Alba picture

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Aalto Riordan = Michael Vartan

Xeo Chione = Russell Crowe dressed up as a Shistavanen (he has the temper for it :p )

For an OC story I'm working on:

Zab Palaera, Imperial accountant = David Hewlett picture

Dolor Valere, bounty hunter = Joe Flannigan or Ben Browder

Flannigan doesn't have the right coloring, but the geek in me can't resist the idea of McKay and Sheppard arguing with each other through a story. [face_laugh]

14. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    My problem is that I don't know any actors :_|, so "casting" non-canon characters is very difficult. I don't usually write EU characters, but I'll just go with Kidan's votes. :D Those actors/actresss do indeed look a lot like the pictures I've seen of EU characters. I think the girl you picked to play Jysella Horn could play Jaina too . . . there's something about the eyes that really reminds me of Carrie Fisher. (The other lady's got the right body language, though--and the outer space bodysuit.) :p

I once flooded oqi's "OC's Anonymous" thread with "pictures of my characters," who are apparently mostly unknowns pulled off the street in places like Nepal and Pakistan. :p They aren't actors, so I won't do an image-attack again.

The only actor I've definitely got "working for me" is Daniel Day Lewis, who "plays" mercenary captain Auster Perahta in "Spirit Warriors of Angharad." (pic)

I've tentatively "cast" a Bollywood actress named Aishwarya Rai as Matreya Leilani, who's the female lead in the same epic. I confess to never having seen Ms. Rai act--she just physically bears a moderate resemblance to my character. Actually, all they really share is long dark hair, a sort of dusky skin tone, and a certain body language that seems foreign to modern Hollywood. Ever try finding a picture of an American actress who doesn't look, dress, and stand like an American actress? Don't. :p (pic)
    FWIW, Matreya's character was partly based on the performances of a handful of 40's/50's actresses, including Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, and Audrey Hepburn (two out of the three of whom were not U.S.-born, just as a totally random aside). Unfortunately, they all have the disadvantages of A) being separate people, B) looking nothing like her, and C) being dead.

If I literally had to cast Jedi Kearath of Kimar from "On A Dark Night," I guess I'd have to go with Noah Wyle, who looks nothing like him, but who has a certain gentle, perceptive quality about him that matches the character. You just also have to imagine him being able to beat the crap out of people if he absolutely had to. My mind rusts and locks when I try to imagine Wyle doing this, but he's the best I can come up with. The closest physical match for Kearath I could find was Karl Urban as Eomer (pic), although even that's not terribly close. Eomer's blond, he's male, and he doesn't sport a brush-cut and a business suit. That's about it. (He's lookin' kinda roughed-up in this picture . . . I'm thinking he might have been in a renegade Jedi sect's underground cell for a while, here.) :p Also, Urban is almost unrecognizable as the person behind the screen character when you see real life pictures of him. :[face_sigh]:

I'm going to cheat a little and post images of "unknowns" as child characters, since people cast kids without professional acting experience all the time. Also I'm kinda disappointed that virtually none of my adult characters are "castable." :p

This is Kearath's Padawan, Razi: (pic) The picture's original notes describe this up-and-coming young non-actor as being a mechanic's son from (I think) Pakistan. A pity his parents don't know he passed my "screen test" and I "hired" him. A pity I can't actually pay him, either. Thus far he's only appeared in an untitled challenge snippet.

This is my absolute favorite "child actor" image. It's little Obi-Wan approximately at the time of a story called "A Cruel Mercy" (not on the boards). (pic) This kid actually appears slightly older than Obi-Wan was in that story, but I love the resemblance--both physically and in terms of his expression. I had to do a split-screen, just because :p : ([link=http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/130

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wow, ophelia, he's perfect as a young Obi-Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.