main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends fanfic - In order to go forward you must go back

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lou146, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lou146

lou146 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    hiya everyone, what more can I say but enjoy

In order to go forwards you must go back

Chapter 1 - How it all began

''Qui-Gon we must leave now, there is no hope left for this planet'' Qui-Gon's 16 year old padawan Xanatos shouted over the sounds of blaster fire and destruction.
    ''Wait one moment there is one more village'' Qui-Gon shouted back.

Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn and his padawan Xanatos Crion along with other jedi teams had been sent here about a week ago to go and try to save as many people as they could from destruction. The planet Ciryl was a beautiful planet with a primative civilisation, they had always been at peace with their neighbouring planet called Cillon until recently.
    Both planets had needed each other to survive, Ciryl with its natural resources and Cillon with it's technology and medicine, because of all of it's technology Cillon had hardly any natural resources left so they had traded with Ciryl but know Cillon had decided that they wanted all the resources themselves without having to trade anything so led by a radical group known as Cizis they had raised an attack to annihilate the peaceful Cirylians of Ciryl and the Cirylians without any technology had fallen without much of a fight and because they weren't part of the republic the senate wouldn't help so instead the jedi had been called to evacuate as many people as they could, unfortunately they had been too late and already 90% of the population had been wiped out, the jedi having to admit defeat, decided that it was about time to leave.

''But master, there's no point, you know as well as I do that there is no chance of anyone being alive I mean all of the other villages around here were dead'' Xanatos argued.
    Qui-Gon felt like sighing in exasperation ''Xani you never know what you might find'' He paused stretching out with the force ''And the force is telling us to go there, can't you feel it?'' He asked turning to his apprentice.
    Xanatos blushed furiously, of course he hadn't 'master thinks he's so great since he can sense it and I can't' He thought angrily.
    ''No master I haven't'' He replied to his master looking down in mocked shame.
    ''There's no need to feel ashamed padawan, in time your use of the force will become stronger and you will be able to do a lot more things, however right now we should get to the village''

They rushed through the dense forest as fast as their legs could go, along the way they ran into another team, Master Mace Windu and his padawan Rhiri Klan.
    ''Jinn, Ciron the ship is getting prepared for take off, we must get there now so follow me'' Mace said breathless as they continued to run.
    ''No Mace not yet we have to check out one more village, listen to the force'' Qui-Gon replied as he increased his speed.
    Mace did as he was told and reached out to the force which affirmed what Qui-Gon had just said.
    ''Very well Qui-Gon lets make this quick then''

After a few minutes of running the group was eventually led into a clearing full of houses, it was the village. They walked slowly into the village and what they saw saddened their hearts, the entire village had been slaughtered, women layed where they had been shot down trying to escape children with them, some of the people lay dead in their houses trying to hide and men shot down where they had stood protecting their friends and families to the end.
    Qui-Gon couldn't understand how anyone could have the heart to do this, he walked past the bodies of two children only about 1 and 5 years laying by their mother. What he also couldn't understand was why the force had led him to this carnage, what was the reason, to see just pain and death.
    He knelt down by the dead mother and closed her eyes, he then layed a blanket over the bodies ''Sleep peacefully now, all is well'' he said quietly.
    Just as he was about to stand he felt a large, warm hand placed on his shoulder and looked up to see the sad eyes of his long life friend Mace looking down at him.
    ''Why?'' he choked out, tears running down his cheeks
    ''I do not know my

2. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Very good.

I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

I am guessing the baby is Obi-Wan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.