main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fanfic Quotes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by J_K_DART, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Um, I think this'd belong in this thread... If it doesn't many apologies!

I'm curious, though; on the Lit there are COUNTLESS EU quote threads asking for the best quotes in the books... I'm curious. What do you guys feel are the best quotes in the fanfics you've encountered? Humour or serious, whatever works - I'm curious!

I suppose you could consider this a compendium of the best lines of fanfics! It's probably also a useful resource because it gives us a small taster of the writer and the quality they write at, as well as also giving writers an idea of what lines are memorable?

Anyhow, fire away! I'll be bobbing mine in later on!

Upping this due to interest! Just a word of warning, however. It is bad manners to quote YOURSELF!
    [face_shame_on_you]

2. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Well let me think I would have to say one of my newer favorite quote from a fic would be:

"If there is going to be any funny stuff, it?ll be you who causes it."

Obi-Wan to Qui-Gon in the fic Ending of the Sith by padmemicheline.

3. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This is a little dialogue between Han and Jag after Han finds out that Jaina (married to Jag) is pregnant.

"Fel," he announced, "you're a dead man."

Wrapping his arm around Jaina a little tighter, Jag turned a smile to Han. "Any particular reason?"

"Yeah. Now I have proof that you've been messing around with my little girl."

And from the same scene, more banter, this time between Leia and Luke.

"Did you want to die an early death?"

Luke laughed. "I decided that I wanted to live dangerously for a change."

"As if being married to Mara Jade weren't enough!"

"True."

~Into the Unknown, by Melyanna

4. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This isn't my story, but I like the quote. This quote is Kyp asking Jaina something.

"By the way, when are we going to tell your father about us?"

"I don't know. Soon. Maybe when he's really drunk and happy. Or you could wave your fingers at him and say, 'You are not angry that I'm boinking your daughter'."

He snorted. "Boinking? Where did you get that term?"

"It was the most polite euphemism I could think of. I think it's Gungan."

Aftershock ~ DantanaSkywalker

This quotes from one of my fics. I just like the irony in it.

Padme smiled, and Anakin felt his heart jump. ?When did you become so romantic??

?I always have been. I just hid it behind my Jedi calm.?

The Power of the Darkside ~ Jedi_Johnson

5. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    "MY ROSES!"
    -Any of the Skywalker/Solo stories by Darth_Fruitcake
    ;)

DarthIshtar likes this.
  6. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    From Mely's "Sovereign of the Shadows"

"Sabe knew that getting shot was an unpleasant experience..." LOL

-Tim

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    This is one of my favorites.

Ecto was really bad at Wookie. He now wished that he had paid more attention in class. However, he could make out what the wookie was saying to him, or so he thought.
    "No, I don't want to do that, we've only just met..." he replied, mostly with hand gestures, occasionally with finger pointing.

-Ecto Destructo, Sittin in a bar

I dunno, I cracked up.

This must have been the truest thing I ever wrote. It was defiitely my favorite line of my own. :D

Qui-Gon ran to the healing room, gently laying his padawan on the bed. Obi-Wan moaned. Qui-Gon?s breath caught in his throat as he looked at the wound.

The healer ran over. ?My word?.This boy has a curse on him or something, I think.? She said as she went and called a few more healers.

And just a little later...

Feria paced the floor. ?I am so sorry, Master Jinn! I didn?t mean to shoot him?? She collapsed into tears.

Qui-Gon looked at her. ?I know you didn?t. It?s not your fault. My padawan just seems to attract anything that inflicts pain.? He said dully.
    -Myself, Strange Customs and Unknown Enemies

A: Well, we're just Mr. Bitter today, aren't we?

V: We're Mr. Bitter every day.

A: Yeah, I've noticed. And look what it's doing to your health!

V: Being thrown into a fiery pit of lava had more to do with that, I think.

A: Is that what happened? I'm still a little fuzzy on that.
    BlindMan, Vader Monologues

This is pretty cool.
    Jaci

8. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I like to use quotes from my fic for my sig. One of my favorite serious ones is the one that I'm using now:

"She had thought that she loved Anakin.
    But after she found out how much others really cared for her, she actually understood everything that love involved.
    Then, she knew that she loved him."

Or this one:

"Silly girl, you know that you are part of my family, in effect if not by name.
    She looked at him with a soft expression. He took her hand before she could say a word. She looked down. Around her left ring finger was a band of silver metal. It shimmered with red light reflecting off of the Adegan crystals embedded into it.
    She smiled and wrapped him in a tight hug.
    I thought that I should make it official, he told her.
    She tightened her embrace.
    I thought that Adegan crystals were appropriate.
    Where did you get this?
    He sent her a mental image of a specialty jewelry booth on the Joy Moon.
    I don?t have a ring for you.
    Right now I have your arms wrapped around my body. That is enough for me."

Or if you prefer comedy:

"She turned to look at him, trying to keep her face in military regality, but breaking into soft laugher as she looked at him.
    'I don?t know how you manage to stay looking so perfectly formal like that.'
    'It?s a birth defect.'?

:D

9. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    this one's from Star Wars: The Princess Bride (round robin)
    this part was written by scorsa

Hanigo: Hey there kid! Slow going?

Dread Pirate Calrissian: < climbing cliff > Look, I don't mean to be rude, but this is not as easy as it looks, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't distract me.

Hanigo: Sorry, kid.

Dread Pirate Calrissian: [tersely] Thank you. [whispering] Leia. Leia. Hear me. Leia.

Hanigo: I do not suppose you could a-speed things up?

Dread Pirate Calrissian: [To himself] Well forget the Bespin tactic.
    If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a peice of metel, maybe find something useful to do, like play Sabaac or stop calling me kid.

Hanigo: I could do that. But then how would I get on your nerves. And furthermore I still got some rope up here, but I do not think you would want my help, since I'm only waiting around to kill you.

10. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    This is from an old fic. I think it was called Roughing It. I forget who the author is... I will try to find it.

"Stop flirtin' with Gorry's mom!" Anakin protested.

"I was not flirting with Gorry's mom!" Obi-wan said.

"Were too!"

"Did I tell her I liked her hair? No. Did I offer to take her somewhere? No. Did I carve her anything out of japor--"

"IT BRINGS GOOD FORTUNE!"

DarthIshtar likes this.
  11. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    [face_laugh]

it brings good fortune!

please post a link to this.
    for that matter, all these quotes should have links (just in case we like them and want to read the whole thing.)

:D

12. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    ?I am your prisoner. That gives me every right to be sarcastic. And if I?m going to be sarcastic, I?m going to be a pain in your ...!?-Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Best Deceptions

:p

13. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *in awe* My fic...has been qouted...oh my god...time for me to qoute!

"Okay, Ben - I did not. Haul. My. Pregnant ... out here just to watch. You. Die."-Ryo, Of Pacifiers and Obi-Wan, Author: TheFallen

"If we had to have a real Jedi turning up, couldn't we have had Obi-Wan instead? The young one I mean."-Buffy, Through a Glass, Darkly, Author: HaiGan

\Only Obi-Wan Kenobi would require more than one datachip to copy his medical files\-Bant, The Price of Sacrafice, CalaisKenobi

14. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    ?You know what a Jedi mind trick is?? the Jedi asked.

Padme replied, ?The hand wavy thing??

Obi-Wan laughed. That was one way to put it, ?Yes, other than don?t let Master Yoda hear you calling it that. He wouldn?t be very happy.?

Dawn Of Darkness ~ PadmeSolo

15. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    LOL, all! As soon as I get home, I'll pull together some of my best lines. :)

16. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    "She paused, taking deep breaths, as if trying to inhale the perfection around her.

"Destiny is my savior..."

The man smiled.

"Are you the child of destiny, that it would bless you so?" he beamed.

As if fate had caused the current to push her towards her partner, her form
    drifted across the surface until their hands met.

"We all are."

And then, blame fate if it were the cause, their two faces drew near, and their
    lips met. In a rosy fantasy, the rest of the night seemed to fade away.

and finally-

AOTC: Humorous Version - "This is fun! We made it. I guess I was wrong, there was no danger at all!"

(Senate Box Explodes)

DarthIshtar likes this.
  17. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    *grins* Pete, I'd just found that line "Are you the child of destiny, that it would bless you so?" lol! In case anyone's wondering, that's from Pete's fic Castle Walls - well worth a look! I'll be adding some more quotes soon (being delayed by the fact that FINDING some in Am's If the Mask Fits is taking me a while lol!)

Here's some other quotes from Pete's fic, btw!

This one's a scene with no comments, but I love it, and wanted to bob it in...

The arrow-like ship crafted its way through the atmosphere. A blue tinted silver shaft - the craft?s belly - caressed the cloud?s ceiling as it approached the planet. Teasing the clothing of the sky, the ship eventually deepened its prow, leaning downwards. Lazily, the vessel pierced the downy layer, its sleek nose pulling the wooly clouds to its hull. It was more like the smooth rubbing of white cotton on a lustrous frame, polishing the silver to a burnished finish. Embedded in the milky tier, the ship coasted through the sky, trailing the viscous gray mist in a swirling blur. The heaven?s cream leisurely curled around the vessel in a cyclonic fluff.

And then, the ship was through, the metallic hue releasing the velvety coat, channeling a dabbling stream of pouring sunlight down to the surface below. The free moisture caught in the beam of light formed tiny bubbles of wet, through which the sunbeams focused its eyes. And shining through the tiny floating drops, rainbow colors flowed down with the ship. A colorful palette slid into the surroundings to gracefully root itself to the ground - a prismatic pathway upon which the ship could coast down to its waiting paradise.

SOME QUOTES;

Time had no meaning on a planet made for two.

"Guard her with your life and your soul, or I shall take both from you..."

18. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Thanks Dart! Hmm.. *stares at post* Well what happened?

That's about a third of that I did have for quotes, and I had links too... I had a couple from Crystal Tiara that I need to find again.... Grr.... Anyways, thanks Dart!

19. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    It'll be interesting to see if we pick the same quotes from CT and ItMF Pete! Working on that now! :D

20. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    From And I Dreamt of Stars by Am

?I have my ways of manipulation.? - Phobos

?Repairs have been finished, I promise! Would I ever lie to you?? - Phobos

Serenia Pyrim was human, and so she should be permitted to be.

?I couldn?t very well leave you standing here all night.?
    - Serenia

?If you kill me, I?ll come back to haunt you for the rest of eternity.?

?Hmm,? he grinned. ?That sounds nice.?

Serenia and Phobos!

?Are you sure this stuff is safe to drink??

"As safe as any liquid substance is these days.?

Again lol!

*sighs* Those are some of my favourite lines... They're SO in character!

From Lightswords of Fury by Liz

Luke, drying his hair inside his bedroom, felt a great disturbance in the Force coming from his sitting room. That one SO amuses me lol! :D To understand you gotta know the context, I guess!

"Well, I see that Jaina and
    Jacen have taken to throwing their food at the wall." He grinned. ?They handle their frustration just like you do, Princess.?
    - Han (note: this isn't NJO era of course ;) Although the idea of Jacen and Jaina throwing food at the wall in NJO heheheheheheh

"Aunt Mawwa siwwly!" - little Jaina lol!

?It?s not the listening part I?m worried about; rather it?s what might follow ? like the hysterical yelling and some grave physical damage on your part.? - Leia, on a problem with Mara!

"Why yes Solo, I would like to join you," Mara said as she squirmed around Han and entered his quarters.

This would be hard for Han to say, but he had to do it. "Mara," he paused, "this is kind of a private dinner."

"Oh, I get the picture." Mara said to Han's pleasure. "I don't mind if she stays here," she said motioning to Gaeriel.
    ]

21. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    There are so many...

22. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Have a go anyway, Em! :D I know I'm getting ones from every fic I read!

23. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    "You must control your urge to destory." -Jedi Master Na-Ka Jima, Siege of Tibrin

"We are ready to -as you humans say- ?shake on it." Admiral Ivpikkis, Siege of Tibrin

24. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Well, I hate to quote myself, but I just HAD to put my favorite line from one of my FanFics in :).

From Dreams

"Tahiri, will you marry me?"

Ok, so it's not exactly earthshatteringly creative, but still... :D

25. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    This is the quote that got the biggest laugh from my fan fic War of the Heart

"...We?re only in it for you.?

Cenev looked away, smirking. ?That has a double meaning coming from you.?

Kyp glared at him. ?I?m not in this for the sex.?

Cenev raised a hand to his mouth, pretending to cough. ?Bullshi??

Jaina laughed as Kyp whacked Cenev over the back of the head with his book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.