main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fanfic Quotes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by J_K_DART, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This is from padawan lunetta and Melyanna's collaboration Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order. (some background info - Lainey was a member of the Old Order who was frozen in carbonite)

"I think I understand now why love was forbidden among the old Jedi," she stated quietly.

"It's because Master Yoda couldn't get a date," Lainey answered quietly
    [face_laugh]

And a more serious one:

"Broken hearts happen whether love is forbidden or not."

2. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    A couple of lines from The Dark Horizon, my current fic.

"Now you have brought forth a rage you CANNOT face!!!" -Darth Moriar to Darth Libitum.

Cam Mulonus and Jedi spirit Lonith Sard.

Cam gave Lonith a strange look. "So, Lonith, have you been keeping an eye on me ALL the time?" he said as he pointed at he and his wife's bedroom.

Lonith scowled, and crossed his arms. "Cam Mulonus! Do not mistake me for a common peeping tom! I only come into the realm of the living if I have no other choice!"

"Hullo Neth. Nice day to day, huh?" Malak Baneek to Neth Fyar.

3. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    This is from Rogue11luvsJag's fic. I thought it was an incredible post, and this was the ending line.

So he would sit here, and he would love her, and it would be enough.

~Inyri

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just because...

From "Come Undone"... Anakin and co E-3 spec....

"Afraid?" he snorted indignantly. "I've faced the Sith, lead a thousand troops to battle against a hundred thousand battle droids, and survived numerous attempts of Master Obi-wan's cooking! What makes you think that I'm 'afraid'..."

5. Lyart_Triath

Lyart_Triath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Granted this is from my own fan-fic, but I still think it's one of my better injoke ;-)

This one's from Death's Twilight

Anakin - They can spend trillions of credits, create the most advance weaponry in the known galaxy, and clone the ultimate warrior known to the Republic. However, with all that at their hands, they still can not clone a trooper that has enough brains in his skull to duck when entering a transport ship!?

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    This one's not a humorous one, but I still love it:

"Don't insult my intelligence!"

(by various characters, mostly by Vader, in various fics by Darth Ishtar)

Humorous one, from "Me, my Padawan, his girlfriend, and a bunch of handmaidens" by myself and Amidala_Skywalker:

Anakin: "Force, Master, I think you gained some weight lately."

Obi-Wan: "My body shape is none of your business, Padawan. And if you don't shut up, I refuse to cooperate."

(Explanation: Anakin and Obi-Wan accidentally locked themselves in Padme's changing room and Anakin pursuaded Obi-Wan to dress up in Padme's dresses. ;))

*waves to people she knows* Hey guys! I'm back! :D

7. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Thanks, Inyri!!!!!!

And one of the best quotes in any fic ever to up this thread:

"SOLO! GET YOUR DAUGHTER OFF MY SON!"

*grins*

~Rogue

8. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    He chose to save Kyp and me, and you, just like Chewie and Anakin chose to give their life for others, to save others. And that?s exactly what Jag did.?

I liked this one from my fic Because I Could . . . ill be back with more!

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow, some really amusing quotes here! I?ve been following this thread since its creation, and I can?t believe I haven?t pasted some quotes of my own in here.

*giggles at Mar* You still remember that? Boy, it must have been mid-last year when we wrote that.

These are from my story, ?Overshadowing the Moon?:

Flexing his muscles, he moulded his hand into the shape of a claw. His eyes glistened with a smouldering russet inferno, glowing at the suggestion of pouncing on the Alliance and eliminating it. The executor admired the extinct voxyn creature, and was angered at not having one at his beckon call. The beast never gave its prey a chance, never retreated, never surrendered, and tore apart anything standing before it. The intensity of its desires was irresistible to its small mind. It was almost impressive. Once destroying anything preventing the glory and power of the kill, it would localise an enemy?s weakness and used it as an advantage.

The creature had an appetite. It was a fever the Yuuzhan Vong should adapt and add to their characteristics.

Trying to keep his mind off the slight pain due to Leia?s prodding, he asked conversationally, ?We ready to save the galaxy again??

?Hardly,? Leia answered wryly, ?I still have to put dinner on the cooker.?

Han smiled, playing along with their new game. ?I thought I?d treat you to a picnic.?

Clearly finished, Leia?s arms circled his waist, her hands sprawling across his stomach, and pulling him against her. ?What about the food?? she almost purred.

?Princess, you are the food,? Han admonished daringly.

?Geez, I?m sorry, Leia,? he repented, his voice hushed. ?I honestly don?t know why I said that.?

?Moments of senselessness happen to the best of us,? she answered wistfully. ?Let?s just let it go.?

?Jaina, if you went with us, who would be the one to protect the ship?? Leia said, trying to convince her. ?They need someone to lead your squadron. And then need Lieutenant Colonel Jaina Solo.?

Immediately, Jaina piped up with another response. ?Major Kern could lead.?

Han stiffened a laugh. ?Major Kern protecting this baby?? he repeated, squeezing Jaina?s shoulder and indicating with his eyes to the ship. ?Only thing he could lead is his stomach ? and that?s to the mess hall.?

?Why must you constantly treat me this way?? Jaina demanded, her temper flaring. ?I am not some ornate, demure Princess that you can just shove into my room, and pull a cover over what?s happening in the galaxy. I know what?s out there, and I?m ready for it! I was born to do battle.?

?True heroes don?t look for a fight,? Han remarked, looking unruffled. ?They kill because they have to. Juggling life and death in your hands, doesn?t mean you can stick a label on what?s right and wrong. Nobody is born to live the horrific life of a warrior.?

?Stow the philosophy speech. We both know you never listened to them, and I hardly think you?re qualified to deliver them,? Jaina cried, words reverberating around the bay. ?Anakin was that born soldier. He could do and comprehend things none of us could. Was there any doubt that he was chosen to win this war??

?We can at least be as inconspicuous as possible,? Leia murmured idly.

Han moved in his seat, whilst at the same time, his hands adjusted the hood. ?I hate these things,? Han declared, complaining. ?I don?t want to have a conversation with my ship.?

?Toughen up, Han Solo. You dealt with Threepio for years,? Leia pointed out.

?Don?t remind me,? he grumbled disapprovingly.

?Put your hood back on, Leia,? he ordered faintly. ?Nobody can see your pain behind a mask. That?s the best thing about it.?

Leia felt Han?s smugness flare to life, and smiled to herself. Some things never died. ?Just wait ?till he receives his promotion,? Han chimed.

?Got a spare blaster bolt?? Leia enquired.

--

Let me know if any of them were any good :).

Am [face_love]

10. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Great to see this thread again! I put one up like it about a year ago but (obviously) it's gone now :D

Well, my mind is too slow to recall any good ones from other people's fics and my fics are hardly ammusing enough to bring forth good quotables, however I'm sure I will think of some good ones from other people's fics later! So I'll be back! :D

*skips off to do...dishes...I don't like dishes...this is why I put Siri in my name ;) *

11. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Shameless plug for my own story.

Operation Darkside: Master Yoda blows his stack. (Humor)

Yoda was just settling down again when a man carrying a sign came by. He pounded the sign into the ground in front of Yoda. It said, ?Due to overfeeding the squirrels in this area have been know to become menacing.?

A six-foot tall squirrel, obviously someone in a squirrel suit, ran up to Yoda. It looked at him, picked him up, threw him in a bush and ran off.

lordmaul13

12. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    These two are both from JPS' fic Revelation:

"Jaina," Valin rasped, hardly believing what he was seeing. "She's alive."

A loud thud echoed over the comm-link.

"What was that?" Valin demanded hoarsely.

"What? Oh, nothing," Wedge replied, sounding dazed. "Wes just fainted."

A loud groan captured his attention and he turned to see none other than Wes Janson propping himself up on his elbows, blinking groggily. "Uhhh..." Wes moaned. "My head."

"Janson?" Master Skywalker said with a frown. "What are you doing on the floor?"

"What happened to him?" Mara asked Wedge, eyeing the dazed Wes curiously.

"When he heard Jaina was alive," Wedge explained. "He fainted."

"Oh," Mara said, pursing her lips together. I don't suppose it would be a good idea to tell him about the Vong surrendering, the, would it?"

"The Vong did what?!" Wes gasped.

Mara winced as he hit the floor. "I suppose that was my fault."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

13. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    up so i can find you again

14. YT-Website

YT-Website Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Here are some from my Fan Fic:
    Came a voice that sounded like it had been filtered twice, which it had, because Boba Fett wore a helmet.

Who the nerf is he?

Are you dissing my mynock sucking skills?

Yes it is a comedy, :)

15. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    this is a cool idea ^_^ I thought I'd post some qutoes from my stories, maybe spread their dwindling popularity around a bit ;)

Uncomplicated Destiny

Obi-Wan is explaining to his friend Jalia Solo, how he met the woman of his dreams

"How did you run into her anyway??

Obi-Wan chuckled and lay back down on the grass. He took a large breath. ?She fell off a building and I caught her.?

Jalia raised an eyebrow at him. ?You caught her from falling off a building??

He rolled over on his stomach to look at her as she held Han?s hands. ?No, I caught her after she had fallen off a building.?

Turn of the Tide

Here's a posts about Han's reaction to the Jaina/Jag relationship

Han scowled as he finally sat down next to Leia. Leia had said that Jag was like him. And Han knew how that relationship had turned out.

Silently in his mind, he prayed that Jagged Fel was not like him.

This is Han Solo behavior all the way

"What the!?" Jacen heard Jag say. Swinging his head around, Jacen saw the funniest and most horrifying site he had ever seen.

Han Solo, running blindly into the group of Vong that were guarding Jaina, was firing his blaster like a mad-man, taking down the enemy left and right, and almost shooting Jaina herself. Jacen saw a few shots randomly zoom off their path, and assumed Jaina still was in good enough concise to not let her get shot.

<>><<>

Jag smiled, then turned to the sound of Han Solo?s voice whispering over the next hill.

?Come on kids, I?ve already got one down!?

Jacen heard some more blaster fire and a few Corrilian curses. ?He?s gonna kill himself!? Jacen whispered through clenched teeth

Journey to the Past

After traveling back in time, Jaina gets interrigated by Mace Windu in order for him to find out who she really is

Where are you from??

?Coruscant.?

?What?s you?re real name??

?I can?t tell you that.?

?Who are your parents??

?Well my mom is the sister of my uncle.?

?That doesn?t help me very much.?

?You?re not helping me very much??

?Who trained you??

?My aunt.?

?What was her name??

?I can?t tell you that.?

?Who were her parents??

?I really can?t tell you that.?

?I think you can.?

?Well I know that I can?t.?

?Who were you?re mother?s parents then??

?The same ones who had my uncle.?

?Well who are your uncle?s parents.?

?Believe me, you don?t wanna know??

<>><<>

Well that's it...I'm done...thanks for tuning in :D

EJ

16. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    One of my fave quotes is in Queengodess's Negotiations with Destiny:

?What?s going here anyway? Technical problems in white armor??

?Yeah, I think we?ve got company.? Anakin stopped outside the turbolift and closed his eyes. ?Yes,? he confirmed after a moment. ?They?re here already.?

Leia frowned deeply. ?Are there any alternative exits??

?I don?t know ? ?

?There is one I know of,? Piett interjected, looking around the circular chamber befor pointing down a side corridor. ?That way, if I?m not mistaken.?

Without wasting another second on words, they started down the hallway the General had indicated, and followed it to the end where a single door lead to a stairway outdoors.

Behind them, they could hear the footsteps of approaching stormtroopers.

As they hurried down the stairs, Anakin gave Piett an appraising look. ?How did you know about this?? he asked.

?I did some research before we arrived here.?

Anakin smiled widely. ?Piett, I could kiss you,? he stated.

?Well, perhaps when there is more time, my lord.?

Off Anakin?s astonished glance, Piett actually smiled thinly. ?A joke,? he offered.

Another favourite is mine, in Hitchhiker:

Rory Mikam had stopped counting passing turbolifts after the twelfth opening of one or another pair of safety doors on the lift bank landing. Empty ones were not too bad, but he was getting tired of shaking his head at irritated passengers. What the frell was holding up?

No, here was Thrawn at last. Rory's palm slammed the call panel again. "Get a move on! Piett's gonna have our heads."

"Yours. I was interrogating prisoners, remember?"

"Of all the ungrateful?oh. Uh-uh. Things going well for you, I see?"

The arrival of an empty turbolift saved Thrawn from answering. They piled into it. "Lucky nek," Mikam persevered, grinning. "She's a great gun. And easy on the eye."

Thrawn's strange red eyes glittered dangerously. Rory's grin widened. Abruptly, the other said "How can you tell?"

"How can I?" He started laughing. "You're serious, aren't you? Well, well. Never thought you'd ever be the one asking me something. My friend, this is the first time since you showed up in our dorm nine months ago that you don't look like you could freeze a blaster bolt from the moment you hop out of bed. Plus, the delectable Miss Starflare is obviously stuck on you. Plus, you've just spent ten minutes alone with her. How hard is it to get the hologram? Don't they ever get lucky in that place you come from?"

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    A quote --not an excerpt-- from my upcoming story The Killer of Ghosts.

My original character Inni Doona tells Ben Kenobi about his young charge, Princess Leia.

"She's 6 going on 8 and coming up real fast on 12. Next thing I know, she'll be 18, then I'm in real trouble."

18. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This is a scene from "Making it right"

Leia: What if I turn to the darkside? What if I turn out like him, I mean he ruined everything he ever touched"
    Han: Princess, If you turned to the darkside they wouldnt have you
    Leia nods comforted then explodes
    Leia: Why not, what's wrong with me? I can be as evil as the next person.
    Han: Believe me I know

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    From the Upcomming story, The Bed Blanket Lawn Party

A non agnsty Anakin fic...

Oddly enough, his plans had originally included spending a great deal of time in bed? of course Padmé had factored rather prominently in those ideas but most decidedly not as a nursemaid! So here he was, lying in the guest room of the Naberrie household, while the rest of the family was preparing for the Lawn Party that they would be holding in three days, he, Anakin Skywalker, Jedi and hero of the Battle of *****, was laying in a sick bed floored by a simple cold. Obi-wan would have been pleased?

Edit: It's Finished...

The Bed Blanket Lawn Party

20. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    Hee... Jedi nookie reference.

21. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    From InyriForge's fic, Evasion

Hobbie had finally told Xris he loves her and they've gotten into the speeder to leave.

?So, which way does the sun set??

~Rogue

22. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Some quotes from my fics:

A Tatooine Jedi in the Big Apple a Tahiri Veila/Spider-Man crossover fic

?If she has a lightsaber then she must be a Jedi, but Jedi aren?t real. They?re fictional like Superman.? - Spider-Man upon seeing Tahiri and recognizing that she is a Jedi

?You shouldn?t talk. Your name sounds like the name of a diminutive Japanese pro wrestler.? - Spider-Man to Tahiri after she first made fun of his name

?Does Master Skywalker approve of you going around in public looking like a Twi?lek dancing girl?? - Spider-Man commenting on Tahiri's attire
    -----------------
    Spider-Man: ?Well, Sue is the hot blonde invisible chick and Johnny is the hothead blonde flame boy.?

Tahiri: ?How can she be hot if she?s invisible??
    ---------------

?Hello Tahiri. I?m Johnny Storm. Pleased to meet you.? - The Human Torch hitting on Tahiri (He seems to think he's Lando Calrissian :D)

Corellian Dreamer AU

Han: "Hey Chewie, I had this crazy
    dream."

Chewie: "RAARGH?"

Han: "No, not the one about Leia in
    the metal bikini."

23. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, wow, Rogue actually did put it in here! Thanks, Rogue!

~Inyri

24. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    From my uncompleted long fic, one of the few humorous parts in its grimness:

I had long ago classified men romantically into three main categories: Elderly, Non-human or otherwise hors de combat, Young and Desperate (Beware clumsy fumblings), and Cynical Womaniser (Keep at arm's length, preferably with a blaster in that arm)...Leia's three friends were examples of each category--at least, Chewbacca and Solo slotted neatly into Non-human and Cynical Womaniser, respectively. Luke Skywalker was a little different--young certainly, but not exactly desperate.

25. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    A Jacen - Tahiri exchange from "Rising Hope, Rising Darkness" by Tych_sel:

"Tahiri, I think you missed out on a history lesson or two. Pirate strikes are nothing new. Any of Tenel Ka's fleets could repel a pirate strike."

"That's just it. You have to let some of these pirates succeed. And I don't think that you'd be happy to hear that your sister died because some Hapan gunner got trigger-happy."

"You want to repeat that, with the help files enabled?"

Oh, that dude cracks me up sometimes. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.