main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have anybody any fanon regarding the Gaddrian, Pas'sic or Vrassh? Things like how the look for example.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am trying to populate the Lahara sector beside humans and duros what kind of sentients do people suggest could live in the sector in notable numbers?

I missed this.

To ad to my previous comment: Going by the usual SW style would I suggest a talk-only com-unit, either similar to the ones we see stormtroopers use or something like a Bluetooth, at least for the fringe type character. For the upper-middle class brat ( :p ) either something similar, but of a better/newer model; a wrist com; something that combine a com with data-glasses or maybe some kind of wrist computer.
    Sounds okey to me as an overall plan. A question regarding the Mandalorian clone invasion: will the mando clones fight similar to what we have seen Mandalorian's fight in TCW or will they do it in a different way?

Can I hope for a fanon post in the future?

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Does anyone have thoughts on what expression one might use in the GFFA as an equivalent of "sad puppy dog"? As in, a person who sits around moping and generally being a sad sack, but who does so in a cute sort of way? :p (I know there are akk dogs—maybe "sad aak pup" or similar?)

4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Findswoman The trick with such an expression is to first find an animal that is very cute, then has the right soft "sound" to complete the purpose of the sentence (because many readers might not be familiar with the reference).

I hereby propose "Mooka".:) (EG You're a sad little mooka today, aren't you?)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mooka

Hope that helps!

K

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Regarding my earlier question for suggestions regarding environments or environmental variations that people would like to see. I asked this to help myself visualise and populate (or what you call it) the Lahara sector but now I find that I had missed that most of the planets are agricultural producers, so I guess I am now looking for different kind of environments or environmental variations that could still function for agricultural production of such scale that it can be notably exported. Suggestions on alternative agricultural products are also welcome.

6. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Kurisan 's suggestion of Mooka is good! I've also used whisperkits in a somewhat similar situation - they get extra points on the sad scale because their ears quiver when they're frightened.

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I second (third?) mooka too!

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  8. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Gamiel, really the sky's the limit and it would be cool to see some random colonies or original species in there. One thing that I've done in the past is check what trade routes pass through the sector on the Wook -- for example, the Zabraks apparently have a stake in the Braxant Run and that passes through Lahara sector. So there's probably some traffic/settlement from that species throughout the sector, unless they are very isolationist in their dealings along the trade route.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Question: When people say agriculture do people think just things farmed from the earth or just overall farming and similar or something else?
    That's my problem really, with so many options to choose from I don't know which ones to use

I try to stay away from original species when writing about known space, UR on the other hand...

I have an ide of an high gravity waterworld colonised by ugnaughts and mrlssi who farm Sargassum like sea weed (think the old DuckTales episode 'Bermuda Triangle Tangle') from floating platform-factory-towns with artificial lower gravity.

I also plan to use those shark-men from TCW (don't remember their name) and green humans on the same "beach-restore" planet.
    Thanks for reminding me about zabraks, I had forgotten them and I am thinking of using nalroni (who hail from one of the ends of the Celanon Spur hyperlane).

As before: if people have more suggestions on environments; alternative agricultural products; and/or species they would like to see used in the Lahara sector I am all ears.

Kahara likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any suggest on religion/s that could be practised in larger scale in the Lahara sector? I am thinking of having some kind of pilgrimage as one of the things that happens in the sector.

11. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

A lot of them are agrarian worlds, so probably a bunch of agricultural deities would be supreme. How about a shrine devoted to a goddess that ended the famines of X many years ago? Where one world produced a surplus so great that it could feed half the sector?

12. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Gamiel Yeh, I like whiskers suggestion. Agricultural communities with long histories often have festivals around harvest time to give thanks - midwinter to mark the turning of the season back towards life (with lots of preserved foods pre-prepared) and honouring of evergreen trees - and spring to mark new life like young bunnies or eggs. Oh, wait, that sounds familiar [face_laugh] .

Just make up your nature-inspired dieties.

In Japan I love taking part in Mikoshi festivals at harvest.

K

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestion whiskers and Kurisan I was actually more asking if anyone know of a already existing SW religion would fit the Lahara sector. If there is non I will probably put together something that combine something psedo-Buddhistic (maybe the Jedi-path), some of the spacer gods and ancestor worship.

Kahara likes this.
  14. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    O:)Maybe the Phantom Menace and its brief mention of the religion of the Gungans would work in Lahara? The slight bit of dialogue about 'demanded by the gods, it is' by Jar Jar and the large stone idols in the swamp might work for your story.

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Gungans are a bit to far away and isolated for me to think their religion have spread that far.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What are those things she has on her stomach called or how should I describe a character using something similar?

[​IMG]
    pic from http://niw.deviantart.com/

17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    She looks horrifyingly like a suicide bomber - is this what the character is?:eek:

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No, those are pouches. Sorry I though that was visible. I can give you a picture of her opening one of them if you want.

19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Maybe just call it a utility belt?

Kahara likes this.
  20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    That's okay, I get it now.:)

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To me a belt is something that circulate the hips, or hang just above them,* so if I called it an utility belt the image I would come up with would be more along the line of the belts that Han and Luke steal from the stormtroopers.

* unless said that the beat is very broad.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    There are belts worn on people's waists and it's completely normal. They go with high-wasted shorts and jeans, skater dresses and skirts.

Kahara and Gamiel like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True, but if I would still have the problem of imagine the item as looking like the stormtroopers utility belt instead of what you can see on the example pic. I just think that there should be a term for it/that since I have seen them loots of times even if never named.

24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Call it hi-belt.

pronker, Kahara and Gamiel like this.
  25. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Gamiel, one of my favorite groups that I haven't gotten around to actually writing is the Tyia - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyia (practitioners called Thuwisten, often but not always members of the plant-like Revwien species), and they sound like something that might fit as one of the pilgrimage-making groups you were envisioning. They definitely seem to move about the galaxy and might be interested in an agricultural (presumably with some natural resources) region.

Findswoman , Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.