main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you call a realm rulled by a Raja?​

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Do you mean a Raj (sort of Indian royalty)?

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, I have seen both Raj and Raja being used

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    In the case of Raj, the same word seems to cover the title-holder, and the realm.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone here that have read the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson?

I'm rereading Garden of the Moon, and I just really like the character Lorn.

Is there anyone shipping Lorn/Ganoes Paran?

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    "Everyone" as in the rest of the characters, or the readers? And is it a character or a reader who's being traumatized? Just trying to understand aright. :)

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Oh the CHARACTERS are getting the fire, and one in particular - (cough, a certain young padawan) found out the hard way - DO NOT ANGER THE AUTHOR BY TRYING TO GO QUIET! [face_devil][face_devil][face_devil]

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You might have a reputation amongst your characters for attaching "strings" to gifts; like a Stephen King' shopkeeper...

DarthBreezy likes this.
  9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

I assure you, I don't have a Sandy Koufax rookie card, nor do I have any carnival glass - but I did give a pair of glasses to a certain Specter in the form of a story not too long ago, but sadly, he had to decline in the end... [face_devil]

OMG - I loved that so much, I stole it for my signature... [face_love]

Sith-I-5 and pronker like this.
  10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Any good examples of cooking recipes people have come up with that actually sound SWish or have interesting cooking techniques they'll like to share?

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have inserted not one but two recipes in my response to the mods' dare challenge earlier this year. If you replace the ingredients in the story with their RL equivalents, it works as a soup and a roast. Not sure if this is a satisfying answer.

pronker, gizkaspice and Findswoman like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    One of the stories that I read recently, had made omelettes with hawkbat eggs!

gizkaspice and Findswoman like this.
  13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    gizkaspice Check out the "food & beverages" section of the index in the Fanon Thread, you'll find some good ideas there.

14. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Thanks Chyntuck! I'll be sure to check that out as well.

Sith-I-5 is there also a description of what a hawkbat egg looks like in said story or does anyone have any fanon ideas? (besides that it's round in some way probably).

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    How about making it look like a dinosaur egg or a lizard egg? Oblong, sort of leathery... just to be different.

gizkaspice likes this.
  16. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Oblong seems interesting, perhaps like the eggs of an Oviraptor, but probably smaller. Semi-leathery is also interesting, but I suppose in that case perfectly round eggs would work just as well. Or maybe at this point I should just start writing biology guides :p

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    What if it's like an onion with a some kind of shoot on top, and as the egg matures, the shoot is sucked in, and the hawkbat hatches?

Ewok Poet, Sith-I-5 and gizkaspice like this.
  18. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Very awesome :D Thanks!

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody have a map of the Lahara Sector or with the Lahara Sector marked out? I can not find one on the 'pedia or google and I want to know where it begins and ends

20. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Gamiel have you checked out the essential atlas book? There's a lot of closeups of various sectors.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Don't have it available.

22. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You should try to get it online if possible--it's definitely one of the most useful guides around, especially if you're interested in locations.

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Gamiel This fan-made site has an interactive map with sector boundaries. If you want more detail, you can use this appendix to the Essential Atlas to locate all the planets of the Lahara sector and plot them on this map.

24. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Is everything except the Unknown regions explored and mapped for the Legend EU GFFA?
    I may actually want to make my own sector for fanon purposes someday.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We only see the galaxy from the top so it is most likely that there exist sectors below the one named and possible also a bow and we only see the more famus sectors. Also we are dealing with fanon here, make up all you want and SW have never really cared about geography.