main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Yes, during the Prequel Era it was the normal way to refer to a Jedi as "Master Jedi." If the name of the Jedi is known, then it would be "Master [Name]" unless the Jedi in particular has a specific preference (e.g., "Just call me Qui-Gon").

gracesonnet likes this.
  2. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Okay, cool, that sounds about right. Thank you!

3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I usually like to differentiate between the Knights and Masters - "Master do and so" or "Jedi so and so" - assuming the character speaking knows the difference.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What extra-dimensional beings do we know of beside Waru, the Charon and the Bedlam spirits?

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Beautiful women can be compared to the Angels from the moons of Iego. Any comparison for men?

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Angels from the moons of Iego, after all: "They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe."

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I need a comparison of the more religious kind. Was any Jedi or Darth considered to be breathtakingly handsome? You know, like the common misassumption that Jesus looked like a handsome Italian man because of all that Italian painters wanting him to appeal to Catholics.

And yes, this is mega-weird, but I am writing a character with occasional god complex.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There is this sith who was rather good looking who thought himself as the creator of everything. I don't remember his name but if you ask in the lit. section there is at least one who knows.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Damn, I know he was from Knight Errant, but I'm completely drawing a blank on his name.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Gamiel , whiskers , Ewok Poet

Lord Daiman.
    His mother favourited him, and he believed himself creator of the universe. I think that's pretty good.

(I even got up and got the book to double check it wasn't his brother. So much effort. :p )

jcgoble3, whiskers and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    In the meantime, Iron_lord pointed him out in that other thread...now that I see he's an Aryan type, more of a space Hitler jugend aesthetics, I guess I may have to come up with some fanon deity or something. Shame, because his delusions are perfect.

Thanks for looking him up, comradette Volshe, of course! ^:)^

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  12. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    You are welcome!

I always refer to him when discussing egomaniacs. His palace was built with crystal walkways in the main sanctuary, he would wear clothing that would glitter in the light through the skylights...and he would be on a catwalk/platform above everyone else. Always above everyone. His ego was HUGE.

I think there was a huge statue in the mix too, but my rapid fire EU read through was a few years ago now.

He was just also Sithly, in addition to being a crazy egomaniac. :p

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    When it comes to really good looking dudes can I only think of Brakiss and prince Xizor, but they are relatively late in SW history. Do we know of anybody else?

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The person needs to be known in some way, obviously.

And nope, he won't be big on riches.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If it take place after the attack of Yavin Iv by the Shadow academy so should Brakiss face be plastered all over the news, Xizor is to my knowledge at best a minor celebrity, outside of the better informed parts of the underworld.

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Xizor and charisma are two subjects that I cannot imagine to be related. :p

17. metophlus

metophlus Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 30, 2015
    I'm contemplating a username change. Ideas?

18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Don't know if this would help or not, but was Revan considered particularly handsome?

(EDIT: This was in response to the Ewok Poet 's question about particularly handsome, demigodlike figures from GFFA history; for the username issue, nothing's immediately coming to mind, I'm afraid—sorry!)

Admiral Volshe and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. metophlus

Jun 30, 2015
    ^ By all accounts, yes.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    He was my first thought (and his official appearance is kinda following that messianic archetype look), but would people remember him after 3000 years? And hold him in high regards?

Maybe the name of that woman who was in all of your avas? I get it that she's a singer? Some clever joke on her name.

metophlus and Findswoman like this.
  21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, people on Earth remember certain important figures from thousands of years ago, so why not in the GFFA too? Whether or not people regard him highly might be debatable (perhaps it depends on who's asked), but I could see many people agreeing at least on classifying him as an important and prominent figure in Galactic history (or perhaps in Jedi history in particular).

I for one have (still unpublished) headcanon about there being operas in the GFFA with titles like Il Revano and Gli amori di Revano e Bastila, in the same way baroque and early classical composers on Earth wrote operas about figures from classical history and legend with titles like L'Eliogabalo (Cavalli), L'Arsinoe (Caldara), and Giulio Cesare (Handel). And going from the sublime to the ridiculous, I do have an "Ultimate Braids Bastila" doll in one of my stories. :D

22. metophlus

Jun 30, 2015
    Good question. I doubt the everyday Coruscanti would be able to tell you much about Revan, but they'd recognize the name and have a general idea who he was, what he did. Like if you walked out right now and asked people to describe the lives of Alexander the Great or Cleopatra. They're well-known in historical circles.

23. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd recommend that name change too, but then you might pull a Volshe and get tired of your avatars and change it up after 2 years. Food for thought :p

I always thought he would be. He was pretty huge and had cults and everything. Maybe not held in high regard after 3000 years, but with a kind of understanding or indifference that most historical figures have.

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Both of you All three of you have raised great points here, plus the things Revan did in his official bio, regardless of the paths taken by the player in KOTOR, definitely make him more of a demigod in comparison to pretty much everybody.

Plus, it's kinda fun because the character himself has very, very wrong ideas about historical figures of his parents' and grandparents' age. Niiiice. I love where this is going.

E quelle opere mi piacciono molto! :D

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  25. metophlus

Jun 30, 2015

I wouldn't have bothered responding had I known you were posting this.

Findswoman said it better!

Findswoman likes this.