main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFilm Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Oka, I ;ve been checking out the fan films & I just saw a great one, "The Dark Redemption." It takes a while to download all of the parts, but man is it worth it. However, there is no way we will ever match up to that one.

But, it did give me an idea. How about we turn this into some kind of Alternaties thing. Sort of like our what if thread.

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    you wanna see good? go watch Duality

www.crewoftwo.com a buddy of mine knows one of the guys who made it. It's impressive :)

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    what ever works for me long as I get to whoop some jedi tail.

4. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    If possible we sjhould get ObiW to put all the good ones on DVD so we can go through them and pull out stuff that we can apply to our film....not their ideas, but basics such as camera angles, set ideas, ect....

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm getting ready to put them on a CD, which could be seen on a computer. How's that?

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I had a dream! Of an awsome idea for a fanfilm, completely different from the other one I had, and to my knowledge it has not been done before!

What if... some Jedi actually land on earth to answer a distress signal or somthing along that lines. But they land in Colorado because they can detect NORAD and that is where they think the message is being transmitted from.

Meanwhile inside NORAD the military dudes detect them coming in, so they contact the boss, a mysterious guy that sits behind a tall chair in a darkened office, and all you see is his flanneled arm gesturing. He says to dispatch the 'troops.'

Well a small group of fans drive by and see these guys and pick them up (hey they're in Jedi costumes they can't be that bad ;) ) And they show them Colorado. They go to a convention, get into a fight with trekkies, meet a bunch of stormtroopers and don't know what to think, they see the movies for the first time and totally freak out, they recognize Yoda, but that's only because at this time he's a Padawan at the temple (see the movies happen in their future...hmmmm). And they do all kinds of stuff, show off their real working lightsabers, how to open beer cans with the force etc...

Then the 'troops' arrive. Black clad, and they all seem to mysteriously have lightsabers that also work... They manage to get the Jedi and their little group to come with them. They travel for some time, to California (I'm thinking Idiana jones style map here) they are ushered into and office where the guy in the chair says that he was once a Jedi exiled from the galaxy, because his 'visions' were to dangerous, and now he want's to come back ,that is why he summons him here.

The Jedi put two and two together, and they realize that he is the guy responsible for the Star Wars craze on Earth. The guy turns his chair around, and it is georgies head superimposed on Darth Hair's body! And he is laughing manically!

I'n thinking that we can build up the question as to who this mysterious guy is and so on. Then at the end just have a short blurb of him laughing so it doesn't look too cheesy. :)

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I totally dig the idea!

I'm not all that up on the fan films but I haven't heard of a Star Wars characters interacting with modern time ala Star Trek IV.

I think that's a great idea with lots of possibilities.

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001

can i still ware a polka dotted thong ?

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    We could probably add a bunch of inside jokes too. And yes DH, polka dots ;)

10. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I will not lose my camera by the lens cracking when I film that DH.

I'd probably go blind anyway so I guess I would only care for a couple of seconds.

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet .

i cant wait to do some real prop building . and set stuff . sounds like fun !

12. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    We've got lots of great ideas, but we need to set a time for when we'll have THE idea and can start writing the script.

13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That's fantastic inspiration Sarah. I have a big test next week, plus work is a nightmare right now, but after next Wednesday I'll try to get started on something. I can't make any promises on completing anything until after Indy though.

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    LOL.....so much for a serious script.....

I reckon we could call it:

"STAR WARS: Back To The Anamoly!"

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    sounds good to me except for the polka dotted thong part.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well does anyone else have any ideas for the script? (I don't want to be the only one putting them up here...) I think kit had some... who else?

As for a plot deadline, lets make it the end of april. Then we can start writing it.

Das Gut?

17. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    we could do a part like you said where we would tkae the jedi to a sci con and they would freak out cause in actuality the trekies are evil . and they are not really humans they are an evil race of aliens hiding from the jedi.

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah I was thinking about something like that.

Jedi Padawan leans over to his master: Master, are those humans dressing up as Aliens?

Master, nodding head solemly: Yes, I believe so.

Padawan: Why?

Master, just shakes head and tries to walk by aliens unnotice: I don't know.. I just don't know...

And I had another idea for a funny scene...

Five guys are dressed up as various Jedi, they are all comparing their lightsabers Kit style ;)

Man 1: Well mine has a double inverter and a sulfer bulb!

Man 2: Oh yeah? Mine is made out of real titantium...

Man 1: what's so special about that? My Mac is made out of titanium...

Man 3: you guys think you're so special.. well mine makes noises, EXACTALLY like in the film when I move it... not that high pitched whine yours makes...

Man 4: Geeze, how much did you all spend on yours? At least I made my own, that's the sign of a true Jedi...

man 5: speaking of Jedi take a look at their lightsabers... Sweet! (he points at the two Jedi.)

Man 2: say, did you make those yourself?

Master: Of course.

Man 3: They don't look all that authentic, I bet they don't even light up or anything.

Padawan: (says mentally to his master) Master, can I show them what REAL lightsabers look like?

Master: (mentally also) You may... just don't accidentally take off an arm.

Padawan (to the guys): Actually my lightsaber really works... he pulls it out holding it ready to ignite it, ignoring the sniggers of the guys in the group. It comes alive with a snap hiss... several people neaby yell in surprise. The men holding their lightsabers gawk and several drop their own...

Man 2: Holy bantha poodo!

Man 1 starts to cry: You are awsome! I worship you, I am your slave, take me to your leader! Please! I'll do anything for that sweet piece of lightsaber!

Padawan and master smile at each other... Padawan deactivates lightsaber and the two walk away with a large group of people following them...

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I may give them creedence, but I don't cry, I'm not a slave, and I worship only my wife!!!!

20. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    good JGOC but what if padwan cuts of the blade of one of the SW geeks saber?

21. TK2511

TK2511 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    Just tell me....

What are we gonna blow up?

I can help with explosions....

-Dana

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Explosions? Hmmm... a little pyro we have? [face_devil] hehe... cool.

Well I think when we are trying to write this we should combine as many elements as possible...

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    that sounds cool .i like the part about trekies being evil . they arent evil like sith , more like salacious crumb .

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hehe... and I was thinking about having the Jedi be really confused at the language they speak (you know the one where they spray it, and don't say it.) Ooo... or maybe they can even speak it flawlessly! haha!

25. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    spock ears ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.