main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX FanFilm in our area??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JediMaraJadeSkyMaul, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2007
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you are plannign on making a Fanfilm soon? I was also wondering if any of you would like to write one with me? I'm north of Houston, up by Bush Intercontinental Airport. So let me know! Danny, i would appreciate your help, too, if you're interested!!

~*~Belle~*~

2. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I know they were filming something eariler this year ... not sure if it's finished/started, etc.

3. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Cool! I think you might have told me about it, but I don't remember! Oh well! Keep me posted if you find out anything, and or tell whoever to contact me if they have info!

4. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    If you guys find out and if they need some droids, let me know.
    emil me directly at dans1@pdq.net

Dan S.
    Droid Builders Guild - Outer Rim
    Houston Chapter.

5. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Definately!! I was actually thinking of doing a fanfilm of "The Emperor's Hand". What do you guys think?? I was kinda wanting to do it along the lines of how League of Extraordinary Gentlmean took the graphic novel and brought it to life. Let me know what you guys think!!

6. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    That would be fun ...

7. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Yeah it would! Just need to get other people involved!!

8. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Need any Droids?

Dan S.
    Droid Builders Guild - Outer Rim
    Houston Chapter

9. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Of course we will!! Also if you know of anyone who would like to work on this project, please let me know??

10. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I can alert the local 501st members once you have a shooting date and more details for us.W eekends are best for getting most of the 501st guys involved since we all have jobs, families, etc.
    Since I'm pretty much the only 501st member that keeps regular tabs on this board, consider me your liason for Imperial characters.

There are also a couple of guys I work with who are big SW fans. One of them does computer graphics for planetarium shows and the other one is a filmmaker who has already produced (written, filmed, edited, effected, recorded and mixed sound for)several short fan films. He'd definitely be someone to have in on it if you can get him. PM me and I can send you his contact info.

11. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Oh my gosh! Your are so awesome!! That is wonderful news! Anyone else wanna join up?? The more the "mara-ier"! (Sorry I couldn't resist!!)

If anyone has any ideas on sets or what have you, let me know and I'll get a schedule started up.

Danny, do you wanna be my number one on this project?

12. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Sure ... you can sign me up.

13. Droidmech

Droidmech Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2007
    Just let me know when and where, we have an R6-D1 and a R2-D2 and a couple of Maintance droids available. Depending on when the shooting starts, maybe other droids will be available as well. the Droid Builders Group also has a Vader and several Jedi's that could participate.

Dan S.

14. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    This is great! Please pass the word around, to see if there's anyone else in the area, or out of the area even that would be willing to work on a project like this. I'm gonna contact some fo my other filmmaker friends (that are not quite as enthusiastic about Star Wars)and they may be willing to help. I'll let you know when I myself have more information.

MTFBWYA!

15. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    OK, I have a guy who is interested in helping out. He has a top-notch Jedi costume, and looks the part. He is more interested in doing some work as a Jedi, but can help with post-production/effects work and certainly knows his stuff in that area.

Shoot me a PM and we can carry the conversation over email; that way I can CC people who are interested without posting their email addresses all over the web.

16. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    This is great! I'm also gonna post a tpoic in the FanFilm area, and see if there are others who maybe don't read this FanForce's topics that would be interested in helping. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Or you can just check the topic there too!

MTFBWYA

17. StarStateSounds

StarStateSounds Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    Thanks for emailing me, just jumping in on the conversation. If I go mia for a little while checking up here just shoot me another email. Who is going to take the reigns on this one...if there is a set "producer" then things tend to go a little more smoothly. As far as pre-pro goes... the storyline/script should be first. So if there is one, i'd love to read it, and then possibly work up some story boards, plan out a list of what's needed for each dept. production/costume/effects/actor and actress needs. I have a few contacts that have various talents, that so far don't really overlap with the ones listed, like someone to do a score. My wife sews some, and is supposed to have a couple of Jedi costumes finished for halloween, so after she has test piloted those, she may be up for some more costumes.

18. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Well as for a producer, that has yet to be decided by TI1420, Danpa, and I. As for a script, I am in the process of writing it out. We're basically doing this much as 300, League of Extraordinart Gentlmen, Constatine, etc was done; taking a graphic novel and bringing it to life, with a few tweaks here and there.

Oh story boards would be wonderful!! Though I'd like to keep it as close to the Graphic novel as we can. I know that'll be tough, with very little budget (as of yet), but I tend to stay as close to the original as possible. If it's not we'll have to cross that bridge wehn we come to it.

StarState:
    Your wife: If she's willing to do some other costumes, that is fantastic!!
    You: Also if you'd be willing to head this up as producer, that would be great. I'll contact Danpa and TK1420 first, just so they'll know what ups, and make sure that if they want to be producer that they have the chance to say so. But having two would make it even better!! Invite you contacts to contact me via e-mail, and let me know what they;d be interested in doing.

So Far here's who's doing what as of now:
    ~ JediMaraJadeSkyMaul: 1st in command of this project/Mara Jade/ whatever else
    ~ DanpaWamen: 2nd in command/ whatever else
    ~ TI1420 (TK1420): 3rd in Command/ 501st Liason/ whatever else
    ~ DroidMech: In charge of droid actors/ whatever else
    ~ StarStateSound: Sound/ Possible Producer/ Costumes/ Martial arts
    ~ MMCDHoward: don't remember right off the top of my head (I've got a headache!)
    ~ There's another one, can't remeber his name right off the bat, though (headache again)

That's it for now. I'll update soon. If any of you have anyone else that you know that would be interested, please have them contact me via pm or e-mail, either one.

19. StarStateSounds

StarStateSounds Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    Sounds good. Is this from the comics, or another source? I tried to google it but got more info on the actual Emperor hand as an organization than a book/comic/other. I have a friend on hold that can score the film when we've got a rough cut. He is based out of Birmingham, but i can send him rough cuts to go by for time cues and what not.

20. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Cool! He'll be working with Danpa on the score then. At least I think Danpa will be working on the music too.

Yes, it is based on the graphic novel. The actual title is Mara Jade: By The Emperor's Hand.

I'm getting more and more excited!! We now have 8 people working on this, and it looks like we're getting more!!

21. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    A new thought occured to me today as I was flipping through the Essential Guide to Characters. We could do this as a film spanning from Palpatine finding her, to Union, ending with her and Luke's wedding. It's a different idea, but what do you guys think??

Also, those of us who are going to be there, why don't we chat about it at the August FanForce meeting?!?! Let me know!

22. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I look forward to hearing more about this. I work retail so I cannot help out much but would help out any little bit I can.

23. roguepirate

roguepirate Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2007
    Hello everyone,

I've been talking with Mara about this. And I am really excited to be a part of this project.

Mara, I also have some screen writing experience that I would be happy to share with you.

Regards,

Rogue Pirate

PS anyone is free to email me @ applepanda@mac.com

24. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Just so you all know, I'll soon be sending out a group e-mail detailing things a bit more. I'll also post it here, just so everyone else knows too! This is turning out so great!!

So what are you opinions on my earlier post:

A new thought occured to me today as I was flipping through the Essential Guide to Characters. We could do this as a film spanning from Palpatine finding her, to Union, ending with her and Luke's wedding. It's a different idea, but what do you guys think??

Please let me know!!

25. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    While I like the idea of that story, it would magnify the dificuly of the project enormously. It may be best to keep the story fairly short and simple instead of a grand and sweeping epic. It may be advantageous to make a longer story in several installments. In fact, it may be a neat thing to make the thing in several parts for ease of upload to and viewing on YouTube, where it would get the most attention and audience. Part of the fun could be different directors/producers for each installment.

Just some thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.