main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Fanfilm Jedi Costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Brino, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brino

Brino Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2005
    Well I am making a small fan film (small as in not much publicity) and I need some costumes (and maybe some people to wear them) for some shots. I live in Cornville (I'm hoping you know where that is) and i'm talking about maybe some jedi masks (as in Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura), jedi robes and tunics and some stormtroopers for my Order 66 scenes. I just want maybe 2 days with you guys down here and I was hoping you could do this for me. If you don't want to drive all the way down here, maybe I could hitch a ride with my dad sometime (on one of his routine trips) and maybe pick up the costumes, take them home, film the shots needed, make a trip back and drop them off somewhere. I am in real need of these costumes and I would greatly appreaciate you lending them to me an no charge or for a very low price. SO PLEASE! I am begging of you to please let me use them. I and my family and my friends are very responsible people and we will be very gentle with the costumes. Thanks!

~Brino

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I can not speak for us as a group on something like this.. it would have to be what each individual was willing to do.. how far into the movie are you.. how long is it to be... how many people involved.. I have a coupld of cloaks.. no masks at all.. and no imperial costumes either. Have you contacted the 501rst or the rebel legion.. they might have what you need.. I would be very interested in driving down on a filming day to see what you are doing.. curiousity guides my wish for seeing what you have put together.

3. Brino

Jun 25, 2005
    This is going to be a movie for fun and for entertainment. I want to make this film as a "test" to see if people like me and my friends movies. If they do indeed like my movie, I will maybe make 1 or 2 more. Keep in mind that this is going to be a movie that will bring in no profit WHATSOEVER. Also you might want to take in the fact that I am only a teenager and this is just an idea that me, my friends and my parents just thought up one day and that it would be fun to do. So, you might not want to spend 2 whole tanks of gas just to see a couple of teenagers making a for fun movie. But I would appreaciate you letting us use your jedi robes and such. If you do want to let us use them, then maybe you could send us them in the mail or something. Also this my first time making a Star Wars fan film but I do have alot of expierience in making films. So thank you for your consideration. Keep posting so we can further talk about this.

~Brino

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    where is it that you live again.. give it to me geographically.. I think I would rather come if I can.. If I knew what all you were planning.. I might be able to help.. I understand what you are saying.. no profit.. none of that matters.. I just have an interest.. not to mention.. if it goes well.. I would be interested in being more involved in the next one..who knows.. you could be the next george lucas o_O

or not... either way it sounds like fun.

5. Corvis_E_Mortdelem

Corvis_E_Mortdelem Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm all up for whatever. Though I would like to see something post empire, like the Vong invasion. I know I can do some good make up, 'cause my brother tuaght me.

6. Brino

Jun 25, 2005
    I live about 230 miles from Tucson near Sedona (i'm sure you know where that is)in a town made up of rich rancers and subdivisions called Cornville. I do need help but not from tons and tons of people. I do want this movie to be awsome as well. I am talking about maybe a 45 minute film that has a kinda long lightsaber fight in the end. Any more questions?

~Brino

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. I mapped it from my house to your school on purple sage.. it is about 3.5 hours away from me. when are you wanting to do this film.. and on what days... just so I can figure out if I can do this or not. and if anyone is interested in joining me.. unless of course it is on a day I have to work or be out of town..

8. Brino

Jun 25, 2005
    Wow...you know where I go to school. Scary.

~Brino

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    not that scary.. it's called google and mapquest O:)

10. Brino

Jun 25, 2005
    Well I talked to my mom about this and she doesn't really feel comfortable with people hanging around with me and my friends that she doesn't know. But I was wondering if maybe I could still borrow the costumes and such. Maybe my mom could talk to you and could figure something out. Nothing against you it's just a mom being protective of her son and his friends.

~Brino

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    why don't you have your mom call me.. I am a mom as well.. with a ten yr old and a nine yr old.. and I would love to see how this process goes.. and how well it works.. I don't so much mind loaning out costumes.. but I do mind at the same time.. and I am very curious.. your mom is more than welcome to get online and talk to me.. or call me.. I welcome that and encourage it as well.

12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Brino, costumes cost alot of money especially if the person has made them. I've spent upwards towards 50 hours of time on some of my costumes and there is NO WAY I'd lend them out to some stranger.

Here's a suggestion - get to know a few people and attend a meeting or two before you ask people to lend out something that they have worked hard for. Some people have spent upwards towards $1K on their armor and on material for costumes.

And your mother is more than welcome to join the forums and discuss this with our Chapter Representative or any of the members.

13. Brino

Jun 25, 2005
    Howdy, I'm Patricia (Brino's mom) and I would just like to say thank you for all the help you have volunteered to do. But I think it would be fine if I just made the costumes (just the robes) with the help of some of Brino's friend's mothers. I appreaciate your volunteering to do this but I think I can do it on my own. Thank you!

With all due respect,
    Patrica

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    no problem.. your son just asked for our help and we were answering his call.. let us know if we can be of assistance to your family

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.