main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanFilm Lightsaber Workshop

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Well, I'm not sure if Master Faiz would approve of this, but you could meet us at 3 and we could teach you what we've learnt. With Faiz permission of course.

2. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Let the prop master have a word here... Our dear friend Yazid, broke a broomstick yesterday, so we got a replacement today. Crovus, it's okay really. I can get broomsticks to provide for everyone, not a problem for me as David meets me at my house before we leave. Crovus, it's better to have more than enough, as back up. Yazid broke one and LUCKILY I had a spare one still. Faiz, do need to worry about your PVC saber. LOL. I'll be bringing extra broomsticks as well. Crovus, it's better that everyone has a broomstick each as sharing may get in the way when one person is trying out a new move and the other one needs the broomstick, it's okay for me. Kim can bring her own broomstick and remember to bring my hilt ! Those who wants to bring their own broomstick please post and let me know.

Me and David went on to start work on building our first Lightsaber prop for the Sith Lord in the film, it's looking AWESOME and it's not even finished. We are proud of this work. The Lightsabers built will also be built in pairs as we need a back up in case it breaks or spoil... We then got bored for waiting paint to dry and we came up with a couple of new moves as well.

We took moves we did from yesterday and sorta modified it for close contact dueling and we pieced up everything together as one straight scene. We also came up with a starting scene, like the saber ignition scene. In a couple of minutes I'll be making another post with a pic of the partially done lightsaber. It's damn cool la...

Mike, I think it's okay if we teach the new comers the basic, I thought Yazid the basics yesterday and he picked up real quick, other than breaking a blade... :p

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    sounds gd

for those who wants to attend this friday's session, pls pm me your mobile number.

meeting is 3pm at city hall mrt, i should be able to make it there by 3pm to teach.

4. siaosaber

siaosaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow , you guys are really putting a lot of effort into the fanfilm . i believe it will turn out good.

5. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Simon, hell yeah man !

6. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well.. now that xeno mentioned it, i think that the others can learn from xeno and co, until i arrive. now i cant confirm if i can reach by 3pm or not. i'll try my best. i'll come ultimately. hopefully i can confirm and inform u all of the confirmed time i'll arrive

7. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    whoops - Clare can't go...

as for me, i'll wait till fri 2:00pm when i'm at the archery range to decide...:D heh. i'll try my best to convince myself to get me butt out of that place then. archery can get quite addictive...

8. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    2pm at archery range? u can reach city hall by 3pm if u left the place at 2pm?

where's your archery range anyway?
    man i cant wait for this fri's session... *rubs hands*

9. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    it's at potong pasir community centre, and yes i'd have plenty of time to pack up and get to city hall if i decide at 2pm.

maybe DE needs a fellow sparring partner? ;) i'll try my best to make it down. only thing is, competition's next week so gotta get as much practice as possible.

10. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Woohoo, Friday's session is gonna rock la. We came up with so many moves already sia...

11. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    hell yeah! and its true that u'll have a lot of time kim. so far there isnt any other girls coming ah? =\

cept a yet to be confirmed jedi healer and kim.

i wanna see those moves xeno. i hope it'll look as realistic as u make it sound... MAKE ME PROUD
    hahaha

12. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    DE's going, i thought?

13. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    1st-timers... those who dont even know who is xeno or faiz and all its alrite! just giveeeee ME a ring, I'll make sure u wont feel like an alien that day..
    Just remember to bring a starwars heart along :D

David's Jedi communicator @ 94382788
    CheERs!

14. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    yeah de is going, but she's the onli confirmed lady so far

lol david, do u how buaya that sounds like? ur gonna scare everyone away, hahahaha

15. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Got a bunch of common tests coming up right after the hols, so. :( Hopefully I'll be able to take a more active role after my promo exams.

16. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Just missed the deadline for editing a message... anyway, would it be possible to do something like this (from Bleach manga chapter 111) for a greater variety of moves? A lightsabre's centre of gravity would be different but if you can twirl it and throw it around like in JKIIJO...

17. kimbilili-k-s

Jul 9, 2002
    Jedi scum!!! after promos means november! lol...that's gonna be a loooooooong time before you take a more active role.

as always, the dilemma is ever present - study or star wars? :X

18. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    "Both" is always a good option. =)

19. siaosaber

siaosaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    i have been thinking , so many people doing lightsaber moves . dont tell me this fanfilm is about 5-6 jedi beating up 1 sith lord. because if it is , then it is "NOOOOOOOOO"(vader scream)

20. Mercurio

May 19, 2005
    i find your lack of faith... disturbing. lol juz kidding.

Anyway I don't think that would be a problem, maybe 3 jedi against 3 sith? I don't know, I haven't seen the script. But I trust the writers have come up with a good plot.

21. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Although it's hard to imagine Star Wars not having any lightsaber dueling, but do bear in mind that not all stories have to have action in it, much less lightsaber fighting.

:)

22. Mercurio

May 19, 2005
    so will this be done like a movie (about 2hr) a flick (5min) or a series?

23. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    nah i doubt so
    we're just training for some fun. not everyone will be drafted to star in the fanfilm.this is just to prepare likely candidates for the film

24. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahaha Clare reads Bleach too. heh I'm getting some ideas from there actually.

But I must confess, I watch the anime not the manga.

25. Mercurio

May 19, 2005
    OOOOH

new reality tv show

The Jedi Accadamy

Those who fail to perform well or impress will be voted out by the director while the good ones stand a chance to star in the fanfilm.

Reminds me of another reality show "Next Action Star" lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.