main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanFilm Lightsaber Workshop

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Anything but weekend for me. ;)

So Thur? Might have trouble logging in everyday or if I do much later after midnight as my bro has no school till next week so he's hogging the computer as usual. :rolleyes: Hate that I can't fix my notebook yet. :oops:

2. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Heh, as to the poster thingy, sounds good. I'll keep you in mind CoolVirus. Would be cool if we can rush it out for CosFest, but I think it'll be too rushed. I am however talking to me friend on Fri to write the first draft. Or at least parts of it. And also to come up with the script for the CosFest trailer. You are welcome to join us if you can.

As to Thursday, as of right now still ok for me, but I am having a pretty tough week. Another one of those put life on hold, rush out assignments week. Will keep you guys posted.

3. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Thurs day i working...

4. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    hm, how ah?
    friday? how bout weekends?(as much as i wouldnt like, i dun mind having it on a weekend this time, due to time constraints)

wat say u younglings?

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I need to see you guys by this week, especially crovus. Need to do a story on u guys and fan film.
    SHEESH i sound like cloey.or worse, lois lane!!!

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Don't forget this Sunday we already have another meeting to share photos.

I suppose this Saturday is fine but I won't be free. I still vote for Thursday. :D

7. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Wah do a story on us. Cool. sure, just let me know when. This week I guess I can make it. Except for Weds, got studio time that night. Rest of the week should be fine. But as always I can only make it after 630-ish =p

8. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    thursday please
    i've made a double-bladed saber, carbon filter blades.
    wanna try it out :p

9. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Woah cool. Like I said before, two sabers are better than 1 *wink wink* haha

Hmm, i'm not that sure coz my classes end at about 4.30 and it's after Physical Education. So I might be wiped out

10. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well.. thursday it is.. but i might have trouble coming.. as i just lost my wallet..
    ic, atm, debit card.. some cash...

crap. considering i'm broke somemore. this is irritating..

11. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Thur please tho' I'm not the one doing all the Lightsabre Fighting. :p

Later today Fiona is coming over to do sewing while Fri I got to go and buy something at Orchard Area. Sat will be the HP Pre-HBP Book Photoshoot I think so have to count it out.

Arrrrrhhhhhhh!!!!! Haven't do my Slytherin School Robe and no sight of cloth for the Cloak either! :eek: :oops:

12. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    thursday it is. pls msg me to confirm thanks

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Faiz - What time u want? I think u gotta be there since u want to organise the choreographs. Otherwise there wouldn't be any point, right?

:)

14. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hmmm later in the day can? Like say 5pm? I can only be there after 630 as usual.

15. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    yeah i was gonna suggest 5pm at city hall mrt.

and i found my wallet again, someone was nice enuf to drop it off at a police station. hehe.
    cya'll tmr then

16. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    see, still got good people arnd.....

andnot to thank the Police yeah?? =D=

17. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    yup i did thank them. i observed that those officers in the station are always the nicer more polite and courteous ones. those on patrol look and behave more... arrogant and unfriendly somehow..

18. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Alright cool, that should give me enough time to get my hair pleated (considering if I feel like it haha) before I come.

19. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    cya guys there :)

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Are we meeting at the MRT first or straight at the training area?

21. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well, i suggest at the mrt station

22. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    i've just watched Revelations, and i dunno wats so gd about the show, and wat lucas was so threatened about. there certainly an overuse of CG. and the saber scenes were... mediocre at best. i've seen mecurio come up with far better dual wielding than whoever their cheographer could come up with.

i'm sure we certainly can come up with something much much more entertaining then theirs..

(side note, i think wat we can learn from revelations is.. less CG like the original trilogy..)

anyway once we've discussed as to wats gonna happen for CosFest, than next week we can do some intensive saber cheography.. to be updated tmr evening.

23. hobbes00

May 11, 2005
    I've just watch it too, eh the saber scene arent that good.. ESP the battle against the two bitches :p
    NIce CGI anyways :p

24. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    CG altho nice, was still not industry standard, and overused. rarely did u see any real background footage. by half of the movie, the overuse of cg ticked me off. i dunno wat the media saw in this seriously.

for excellant saber fighting, i suggest lookign up this fanfilm, Duality, i think. very very nice... nice turns and rolls as well... now THATS nice.

edit: ok i cant seem to find Duality anymore.. weird..

edit2: ok found it, its not hosted on tfn fanfilm website anymore
    here's the link

Duality Homepage

25. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    woah... great end, funny when they show the palpy look alike after the credits ..again. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.