main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Fanfilm Only Forum

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    To PM someone: click on their name and you'll see a link "Send a Private Message." :)

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    DarthIG88,

You have a pm from me!

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    OK, everyone. We have a link to the script! I'll PM the link to anyone who wants to see it, just PM me! Thanks to Mogook for getting it up!

M.M.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey Mogook, I have created a board using ezboard for my webpage(check my sig for the link and click on messageboard) It's very easy to set up and has a free 30 day trial and then it's only like $9.95 a month after that. You can set up different forums and even password protect certain forums as I did with my Command Staff Forum. We could probably use this type of board on the Fanforce site for the FanFilm so eveyone in the group can have access to the board and give only certain access to things like the script and such.

5. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    This sounds good, Drk Hlmt. I would also suggest that we could each take a turn at paying the monthly fee in kind of like a round robin format. This way Mogook isn't unfairly burdened with the cost of site hosting.

M.M.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I have free forum software that can be set up. Check out ibforums.com for the features.

7. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    OK, producer-type decision here. People have been hinting at the frequency of fan film meetings. I say that once the official script reviewers (Mutt and Solo, Mogook and Son of M.M.) are done with looking at the script we should hold a film meeting to begin paring down the script to its shooting version.

We have so far received comments from Kasjedi and requests from Takwolf, Darthig88, and Ghostdevil for copies. I would like to suggest that we set a moratorium on comments so that our script revision team of three can meet the September 1 deadline for shooting script completion. Therefore, any script comments need to be in to me by no later than August 10 so that we can have a meaningful script discussion at the eighth meeting on the 17th. That way the session on the 17th can be a working film session as well as a general fanforce meeting. Once the input is done on the 17th the script team can finalize the screenplay in time for the September 1 deadline.

So, to recap: I need any script comments from folks who already have scripts, by no later than August 10. As of now I am no longer expecting to send scripts out for review, except to anyone who had been at the first fanfilm meeting and who still needs a copy. That would be (for example) Orangerful or Isbeth or DrkHlmt. Thanks.

M.M.

P.S. to Sithspawn: I had asked you in PM if you wanted a soft copy of the script but did not hear back from you. As I know that you had expressed an interest in writing for the project, I wonder if you still want a copy for comment?

8. darkjedi022

darkjedi022 Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    how can i be involved in the movie?

9. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Is this Forum ever going up?

Mogook, if you find yourself too busy, or need help, PLEASE let us know. We need to get this forum up ASAP so our script revisions/suggestions can be seen by everyone!

Chris

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I have been very busy. So maybe we should take DRK_HLMT up on his offer to use the ezboard he has on his site.

11. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    AAAIIEEE! I swear, if I have to use another EZBoard, I will....do something drastic.

PLEASE...everyone...let me offer my solution, which is to use a BB software I have already paid for (for another use), which is 10 times better than a free EZboard. I can set it up on the server here, and have it up today or tomorrow.

I need an OK from Mon Mothma and Mogook, and I'll get it up ASAP.

Chris

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It's ok with me.

13. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    More power to 'ya! Go for it, Ghost Devil!

M.M.

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I concur with my esteemed colleagues.

15. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, the ezboard is really hard to get an account for. You just about have to give up a kidney to get one. Also it's not the most user friendly board around, but it's free for a while then you have to pay $9.95 to keep it up. phpbb is pretty good but you have to have a server to run it on.

ghost, if you need any help or anyhting with your board just let me know.

16. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Regarding meeting places: I'd be glad to volunteer our house for the fan film portion of our meeting. I'm presuming that we will be discussing script revisions so considering the size of that group we'd have room to accommodate that number comfortably. If that's something that people want to do, respond here and I'll PM directions to those with a need to know. However, I know I did volunteer our house for the general Fan Force meeting but the notion of advertising on the open forum makes me a bit less certain that our place would work. Any number of attendees much bigger than last time would be kind of cramped in our house. It's a typical Balmer rowhome and as such, does not offer an unlimited amount of interior space. Sorry to bring us back to this position again, but I guess for the general meeting we've returned to the "where shall we meet" dilemma.

M.M.

17. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    I totally understand your concern, Mon Mothma. Please shoot me a PM with your location so I can attend the fan film portion. =)

Chris

18. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    Okay folks, go to

http://www.md501st.com/ubb.x

and register. I approve all registrations, so if anyone is listening, and isn't involved w/ the fan film, don't try it. =)

For those that ARE going to register, PLEASE PM me here with your email, so I can recognize you.

You can then go in and take a look at the categories I set up. I tried to post the script as Son of MM wrote it in our scripty type place, but it was in some wacked out format. Anyone get the soft-copy to work? And if so, can you save it in a Word format (or even plain text) for me?? Thanks!

A few things to keep in mind:

The fan film part of the forums are PRIVATE. No one can get in, so we have privacy to discuss. Also...

We are sharing the board with my costuming group, the Maryland Squad of the 501st (hence the md501st.com domain). They can't see our forums, but we can see theirs, so I just ask that you not post there unless you have a reason to. Thanks!

Chris / gh0stdevil

19. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey Ghostdevil:

I tried the link and got a Page Not Found error. I also tried it without the x after the ubb; same result. I can get to the root directory level of the club but see no obvious link to a registration location. Can you clarify? Thanks! And thanks for doing this so quickly!

M.M.

20. gh0stdevil

Jun 3, 2002
    Aieee. Sorry. Bad URL there...the real URL is

http://www.md501st.com/6/ubb.x/

Don't ask why the 6 is in there, the company hosting the page couldn't tell me either!! =P

Chris / gh0stdevil

21. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Bumping this up. GhostDevil, please check your PMs or the General Discussion area on your new board. I've got a question posted in both places for you. Thanks.

M.M.

22. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Me again, folks. I'm trying to get an idea of who is currently using GhostDevil's BB as a source of fan film info. I would like to transition there entirely for this subject so could ALL FANFILM CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS please PM me and let me know if you've registered over on the Bulletin Board? Once I hear from all of you I will make an announcement in this space that all discussion will be officially moving over there. Thanks so much.

M.M.

P.S. Whatever Rick McCallum is paid it isn't enough. :)

23. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    Just as a heads-up, I'm going to be posting a new discussion topic on Ghostdevil's bulletin board. It's a fairly fundamental issue so I hope that everyone involved in the film will stop by and comment. Thanks.

M.M.

24. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Is no one using the Film Forum on GhostDevil's site? I posted a couple of times but there isn't anything new on it.

25. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I just posted over there, MuttandSolo. I'll repeat here, though, that I figure things are in a short holding pattern until our next meeting on the 17th. Once we get our script revisions and close in on the final script version things will start to pick up. However, I do want to reiterate that after the 17th I'm going to ask that we hold all our film discussions on GhostDevil's bulletin board. If there are no posts for awhile it should just mean that nobody has anything to contribute. Hopefully the transition away from this site to the new one will be fairly seamless.

M.M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.